Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Ennis did get to write The End.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Fury Max: My War Gone By is in the same vein as his Punisher Max run, though more political.
    I loved Ennis' characterization of Fury in the Punisher MAX run.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Warren Ellis' Hellblazer run. As it is, his run on Hellblazer is just serviceable compared to the best runs on the title but if he hadn't left the title prematurely due to Paul Levitz's refusal to publish the Shoot story, I feel that his Hellblazer run could've turned into something special.

I also wish that Diggle's Hellblazer run had gone on longer as well. I think Diggle confirmed on the Voices from Beyond Hellblazer forum that he ended his run earlier than he originally intended.

And speaking of more Warren Ellis stuff, if he and Templesmith ever decide to finish Fell one day, that would be very great.

I would love more Fell!

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I also wish that Diggle's Hellblazer run had gone on longer as well. I think Diggle confirmed on the Voices from Beyond Hellblazer forum that he ended his run earlier than he originally intended.

And speaking of more Warren Ellis stuff, if he and Templesmith ever decide to finish Fell one day, that would be very great.
    I've always read that Diggle left when he wanted to. He didn't want to overstay his welcome, and the anniversary issue was coming up (HB 250), which gave him a natural out. His run is only behind Delano's and Ennis' for me.

And yes, the world needs more Fell.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

There have been plenty of titles that I've enjoyed which were cancelled. Red Hulk, Mr Terrific and Incredible Hercules spring mind.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    There have been plenty of titles that I've enjoyed which were cancelled. Red Hulk, Mr Terrific and Incredible Hercules spring mind.
    I loved Incredible Herc, but by the time that Herc came around, I think the book had run its course. I think I've just resigned myself to the idea that we can only get awesome Hercules books every twenty years or so.

-Leave it to Chance by James Robinson and Paul Smith
    -Stalker by Ditko and Wally Wood
    -a little known series from a little known publisher circa 2006 The Grimoire from Speakeasy (in content and tone it was a successor to Leave it to Chance)
    -Busiek's Conan
    -Joe Kubert Presents (6 issues was not enough of this type of content)
    -Rick Veitch's Swamp Thing
    -Colonia from Jeff Nicholson
    -Strangehaven from Gary Spencer Millidge
    -Section Zero by Kesel and Grummett from the aborted Gorilla Comics line from Image
    -Chaykin's Ironwolf from Weird Worlds
    -Devil Dinosaur from Kirby
    -Kirby's Eternals
    -Abnett & Lanning's Hypernaturals
    -Frankenstein Alive Alive from Wrightson & Niles (still going but released at a glacial pace)
    -Half Past Danger by Stephen Moore
    -Goodwin/Simonson Manhunter
    -Martian Manhunter: American Secrets by Jones & Baretto (so would have loved a follow up)
    -Chaykin's American Century
    -Dematteis' Seekers into Mystery
    -Matt Wagner's Madame Xanadu
    -Marvel Universe (especially the Monster Hunters feature)
    -Abnett & Lanning's Bloodstone
    -Nightside by Robert Weinberg & Tom Derenick (from Marvel)
    -Metal Hurlant from Les Humaniods Associes

-M

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Fell? Fell? YES YES YES!!!!
    jeez that series was good.
    Ellis? Templesmith? PLEASE?!

and while I'm at it: I agree and second MRP's choices of Grimoire, Colonia, Strangehaven, Kirby's Devil Dinosaur....
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Fell? Fell? YES YES YES!!!!
    jeez that series was good.
    Ellis? Templesmith? PLEASE?!

and while I'm at it: I agree and second MRP's choices of Grimoire, Colonia, Strangehaven, Kirby's Devil Dinosaur....
    Strangehaven is coming back in a future A1 Annual. No news on a continuing series, though.

Grant Morrison on Batman and Robin with Dick and Damian as the dynamic duo. The 3 story arcs with a different artist on each one was great and should have continued. He even said himself he would have wrote Dick and Damian B&R forever if he could.

Astonishing Member

OMAC. Either Kirby or New 52. Neither of them should have ended at 8 issues.

Unrepentant Magog Fan HaroldAllnut's Avatar

Does anybody here remember Augustyn and Ramos's Out There? It was a pretty great little horror book about disparate teens banding together when they find out that their small Californian town is ground zero for a demon invasion that was predicted in an obscure comic book (so meta!) a few years earlier. I've been meaning to track down all 18 issues, but I think I only ever made it to issue 7 or so.

I'd love to add my voice to the choir about Ellis and Templesmith's Fell. What a great series. 9 issues is criminally short, though I'm so glad that the first 8 issues are in trade form, at least. Image should've really ran with the whole Slimline imprint idea. I thought it was really great and the stories they were telling in the first run on Casanova were fantastic; that series seems a little lost in a mire at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I wish OMAC by Giffen had lasted longer, his other series with the rogue Green Lantern, and now his, if I read right, JLA 3000? I would like a Nu 52 Keith Giffen Omnibus.
    Love Giffen in general. Loved his OMAC run.

Wait, does this mean that JLA 3000 is going to be canceled?!

Quote Originally Posted by dern View Post
    There was a series in the 90's put out by DC called Major Bummer, by John Arcudi and Doug Mahnke. It was about a slacker idiot who accidentally got super powers, and it was utterly hilarious. In one issue, the villain was a Nazi T-Rex from another dimension. When they found out they were going to be cancelled, they made a brilliant time-travel story that told you a lot of stuff they were going to do with the book. It only made it to 15 issues, but Dark Horse published a collection not long ago and it's one of the funniest series I've read.
    Major Bummer is so great. It's the peak of 90s nostalgia for me. [wipes away single tear]

Quote Originally Posted by HaroldAllnut View Post
    JL 3000 is ending but it's continued with JL 3001 by the same creative team.
    BB

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HaroldAllnut View Post
    Does anybody here remember Augustyn and Ramos's Out There? It was a pretty great little horror book about disparate teens banding together when they find out that their small Californian town is ground zero for a demon invasion that was predicted in an obscure comic book (so meta!) a few years earlier. I've been meaning to track down all 18 issues, but I think I only ever made it to issue 7 or so.

I'd love to add my voice to the choir about Ellis and Templesmith's Fell. What a great series. 9 issues is criminally short, though I'm so glad that the first 8 issues are in trade form, at least. Image should've really ran with the whole Slimline imprint idea. I thought it was really great and the stories they were telling in the first run on Casanova were fantastic; that series seems a little lost in a mire at the moment.

Love Giffen in general. Loved his OMAC run.

Major Bummer is so great. It's the peak of 90s nostalgia for me. [wipes away single tear]
    JL3000 will be relaunched as JL3001 in june.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47