Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Have to agree with Thor by Straczynski and would add Black Lightning by Tony Isabella, Action Comics by Chuck Austin, William Moulton Marston Wonder Woman, and everything written by Judd Winick...Man I miss that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Ruckas Punisher.

*sigh
    It ended a good arc on a good note.
    I'd love to see another run by him.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
    Lucifer.
    I really enjoy the series and wish it lasts longer.
    Just got the final TPB so will be reading this imminently. Looking forward to it.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Yep. I loved Ruckas run. If it had gone on a bit longer it would well be within range of Ennis for me.
    He showed a good grasp of Frank's character, it's just a shame he felt the need to express that through a distaff clone instead of, you know, the actual character.
    Miller was right.

Almost everything I have liked in the last two decades, lol.

Seriously...Giffen's Doom Patrol, Agents of Atlas (five issues??!), Avengers Academy, Hard Times by Steve Gerber, Aztek the Ultimate Man, The Power Company, D.P. 7, all of Peter David's X-Factor incarnations, every She-Hulk incarnation, Len Strazewski's JSA, Cary Bates' Captain Atom, others I can't think of.

All-New Member

I'd add Rucka's Checkmate run in addition to his Punisher run. I also just picked up the run of Journey into Mystery staring Sif from a year or so ago. I heard great things, but it too ended quickly with only 10 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Agents of Atlas (five issues??!)
    The first mini was 6 issues, then a 11 issues long ongoing, after that Atlas vs X-Men, and Atlas vs Avengers (collected in Agents of Atlas: Vs.) and then the 5 issues long series.
    BB

All-New Member

The Walking Dead, both series and comic

Quote Originally Posted by hannah View Post
    The Walking Dead, both series and comic
    Aren't those both still being produced? Or is their eventual ending "too soon", regardless of how long it goes?

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

oh my memory! NEXT WAVE! NEXT WAVE!! NEXT WAVE!!!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Amazing Member

SONIC DISRUPTORS-------hey, I liked it it, even if it's author (Mike Baron) didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    He showed a good grasp of Frank's character, it's just a shame he felt the need to express that through a distaff clone instead of, you know, the actual character.
    I wasnt particularly bothered by that. I thought it served to better illustrate his point that Frank was lightning in a bottle and that even someone who went through the same thing he did was incapable of doing what he does.
    I also loved how by shifting focus to Rachel Alves, the reporter and police detectives Frank became much more of an anomoly. Weve seen the monologuing War-journal Frank plenty of times and i found it a nice change of pace to no longer be privvy to his thoughts or motivations and only seeing him from an outsiders perspective. I found it made him much more onimous.

Spectacular Member

Stern/Byrne on Captain America
    Geoff Johns on Avengers
    Barr/Davis on Detective Comics
    Byrne on Hulk (1986)
    Micheline/Byrne on Avengers
    Peter David on Spectacular Spiderman

What about books that were not that good at all, but were canceled after just an issue or two. Like Solarman (Marvel 1989) or Nightcat (1991)? Anyone know of a website that lists some of these books that were effectively canceled before the first issue hit the stands?

In terms of modern era stuff not yet mentioned:

R.E.B.E.L.S. - This series was wonderful, and DC not only cancelled it, but cancelled THE FREAKIN FINAL TRADE SO IT REMAINS UNCOLLECTED!

Glory (Image) - Excellent artwork, great story that was forced to wrap up too quickly

Planet of the Apes (boom) - One of the top 3 books of the past 5 years

Exterminators (vertigo) - really loved this one. like Glory and PotA it was forced to wrap up the ending too quickly

Greg Rucka's Wonder Woman - one of the freshest, best takes on WW in forever got derailed by Infinite Crisis and got left with all of its plot dangling