Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Earth Green Lanterns vs. The Phoenix.

If the GL's meet up with the Phoenix in space could they stop it? Hold it back even a little or do they not stand a chance at all?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    If the GL's meet up with the Phoenix in space could they stop it? Hold it back even a little or do they not stand a chance at all?
    That last thing - "not a chance at all."

Unless GLC have Parralax or classic Ion they don't stand a chance.

I'll assume this is the Phoenix Force against the entire Green Lantern Corps. in which case they all most likely die.
    "But only in their dreams can men be truly free. 'Twas always thus, and always thus will be."

-Robin Williams (Dead Poets Society)

~Member Since: 09/25/2009~
    ~Old CBR Post Count: 834~

Fantastic Member

Only Kyle has something worth trying... can the phoenix tank crashing into the source wall??? If this was the P5 he'd more than likely solo them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daenarys Stormborn View Post
    Only Kyle has something worth trying... can the phoenix tank crashing into the source wall??? If this was the P5 he'd more than likely solo them though.
    The same people who, even divided, trashed Thor and Gladiator?
    Not likely.

Not to speak of that per defeated member, the rest gets stronger.
    Dark Phoenix Cyclops was at least a Solar System wide-threat in his endform, if not galaxy-wide.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    The same people who, even divided, trashed Thor and Gladiator?
    Not likely.

Not to speak of that per defeated member, the rest gets stronger.
    Dark Phoenix Cyclops was at least a Solar System wide-threat in his endform, if not galaxy-wide.
    Kyle could beat Gladiator or Thor if they forget about their speed like they probably did against the P5.
    I forgot about the powering up after each falls. That might be an issue if Kyle doesn't kill them all at once. However, he more than likely could. Kyle can warp reality as per New Guardian Annual 2. Magic teleporting him would be any issue either given how he ported all the God-killers and can just open up a portal himself.

Emma using TP is an issue I forgot about though. Kyle imposing emotional spectrum into minds could in theory calm her, but I doubt it. Maybe him having seen the equation counts as Tp defense...?

Gladiator actually charged into Scott and punched him in the face. We don't see much of the actual fight though after that, the scene continues when Colossus and Namor beat him to a pulp.
    Besides, the Phoenix being a high-end cosmic force and all, its not unreasonable to assume that it also grants superhuman speed to their hosts, especially when we look at the track record of previous hosts against people like Firelord.

I really don't see Kyle killing them all at once, like at all. That would require them all standing in one place and not moving/defending themselves, which is not going to happen.
    Dumping him into Limbo is also not something he can just ignore, considering how powerful Magik is there.

EDIT: Actually, she doesn't even have to teleport him. AvX showed that a phoenix-amped Magik can literally create Hell/Limbo on Earth.

Kyle didn't slam through the source wall, it opened up for him.

BANNED

Gladiator actually charged into Scott and punched him in the face. We don't see much of the actual fight though after that, the scene continues when Colossus and Namor beat him to a pulp.
    So in reality it took three people to take him down?

Besides, the Phoenix being a high-end cosmic force and all, its not unreasonable to assume that it also grants superhuman speed to their hosts, especially when we look at the track record of previous hosts against people like Firelord.
    If they haven't shown super speed it would be unreasonable to grant it. The thing is cosmics come in a bunch of different flavors, not all are the same or have the same powers. The Phoenix for me has always been associated more with psionics then anything else. You'd figure if the hosts had super speed that one of them would of actually shown it, we've had a variety of hosts not to mention people who have been host to it multiple times, so not like they never had a chance to show some speed.

So in reality it took three people to take him down?
    No, Scott beam-clashed with him and tried to talk him down while holding back, but Gladiator wasn't having it.
    (Its not like Gladiators attack damaged Scott in any way)
    In the next scene Emma and Scott merely observe Namor and Colossus doing the dirty work (with casual effort, I might add).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    Kyle didn't slam through the source wall, it opened up for him.
    I didn't say he slammed through... I asked whether or not Pheonix could survive slamming into it. Kyle should be able to bring it forth like he did against Oblivion; the Op scenario as Phoenix just randomly flying through space and him + other intercepting it. So he'd have time to try it.

I really don't see Kyle killing them all at once, like at all. That would require them all standing in one place and not moving/defending themselves, which is not going to happen.
    Dumping him into Limbo is also not something he can just ignore, considering how powerful Magik is there.

EDIT: Actually, she doesn't even have to teleport him. AvX showed that a phoenix-amped Magik can literally create Hell/Limbo on Earth.
    Speed doesn't usually get hand waved like that. I'm assuming the P5 are average human level speeds or at least no where near speed-stars. If the P5 have some other speed feats that would be different. Do they? Also, if Dark Cyclops came into play, he is probably a speed-star. He was like teleporting or moving all over earth from what I recall. But, if things got that far Kyle probably would have amped his own speed by then.

Kyle basically only needs to Warp reality to win. Worse case scenario is his style of warping can't beat them or overthrow their wills. In that case, Kyle starts off by teleporting Emma because her Tp can probably subdue him) across the universe. Right after that kyle creates a bunch of lanterns or characters like Oblivion to fight the P5.

Could magic locate emma? What does creating Hell on earth do for magic? Does that boost her?

I didn't say he slammed through... I asked whether or not Pheonix could survive slamming into it. Kyle should be able to bring it forth like he did against Oblivion; the Op scenario as Phoenix just randomly flying through space and him + other intercepting it. So he'd have time to try it.
    We're talking about two different incidents I think. Wasn't Kyle Ion when he fought Oblivion?

BANNED

No, Scott beam-clashed with him and tried to talk him down while holding back, but Gladiator wasn't having it.
    (Its not like Gladiators attack damaged Scott in any way)
    In the next scene Emma and Scott merely observe Namor and Colossus doing the dirty work (with casual effort, I might add).
    May we assume, he being from a culture that knows all about the Phoenix Force, that his confidence (and thus powers) ere at a low ebb? After all, Spider-Man survives a pummelling from 1 of the P5 by the end of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    We're talking about two different incidents I think. Wasn't Kyle Ion when he fought Oblivion?
    Nope.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    May we assume, he being from a culture that knows all about the Phoenix Force, that his confidence (and thus powers) ere at a low ebb? After all, Spider-Man survives a pummelling from 1 of the P5 by the end of the story.
    That second thing was pure PIS. And as to the first question, nothing indicated anything like a fault in confidence level.