Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    It is still Asgardian.
    And it still wouldn't do what Odin wanted it to do, last we saw, so evidently it doesn't care.

Besides, it's actually of dwarven manufacture.

Quote Originally Posted by snark^ View Post
    "You're adopted too."

"In mythological accounts Thor was a redhead. Dyeing your hair will not give you a soul."

"Zeus can channel more lightning than you."
    And what do any of those have to do with being worthy?

Well, at least Roz is badass. I don't think Jane Foster would be worthy from an Asgardian point of view.
    Freyja considered her worthy to sit on the Council of Worlds and hang out in Asgardia, I suspect she has different standards from Odin.

BANNED

at least we know she isn't Thor's mother.

this issue was awesome, really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post

Probably not... though we haven't actually seen Gaea for a while, and she's got a history. I wonder when Odin noticed she was missing?
    Last edited by vitruvian; 01-28-2015 at 06:48 PM.

BANNED

Since my local comic city relocated I have been forced to buy digital until I have time to make the trip to another store. I'm tired of digital but at the same time I can't wait to read this. Oh the agony. D;

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Loved eet, love new Thor. It was a bit " For the honor of Grayskull! " in parts but it fits here and adds to the fun and energy of the book.

Also though I like Odinson in it. Something my friends son whose name is ironically Thor said about the first movie was to the effect of that he liked but he didn't feel Thor was challenged enough. That he should have to fight against hard odds in order to grow strong. I felt in this he was very fleshed out and showed much dimension and character. Previously he's been flat in this form but of course an inverted confused rage machine so that didn't really count for much.
    Last edited by SickAlice; 01-28-2015 at 09:06 PM.
    I make love, you make me sick.

All-New Member

I've given these first 4 issues a shot, but this is truly a waste of my time. So much canon and mythos throw away or ignored, or probably not even known to the writer - the characters act against their nature, the story is plot not character driven, and the rules of the Thor Universe don't seem to matter. Remember when Hela kissed Thor and he aged, grew old but, his body did not wither away like a regular Asgardian - there's a reason for that and obviously this writer didn't do his research, nor did the editor/s or whoever green lit this crap; and there are so many other examples of Thor being impervious to the sort of damage he's taken in these few issues. The power of Thor is NOT contained in the hammer - another piece of bullshit that has been ignored. It's been established what the Hammer provides and what it does not - even if you want to change that, it should flow naturally and make sense. His strength is NOT provided by the hammer. Nor his stamina. Nor his resistance to magic - as has been demonstrated time and again - magic cannot just incinerate his arm, nor really should the arm have been severed in such a weak manner. He's withstood the Odin force and elvish magic incinerates his arm? Nor his battle ability honed through centuries of fighting - he can throw down with Odin, the Destroyer or the Hulk but, he can't beat a newbie - maybe Batman trained her? His rage is so overpowering he's lost his cunning? His instincts? Oh and he ignores a mortal enemy? Hammer has a consciousness. Ok - I could go with that but, it is not sentient unless that's something they want to add to the canon, like maybe Odin's spear is sentient now too? Bankai! Right. Does this writer even understand Thor and his mythology or his cannon? Maybe he grew up watching too many cartoons or poorly scripted Hollywood movies. There are poor transitions, weak dialogue, and I'm also not a fan of the art - although that may be more a symptom of the story/script. Purely venting here, but Thor is [not this version] one of my favorite characters; maybe if I actually provided comic book #s to show how poorly this is written it would help others to see why I think this is trash but, I don't know if it's worth the effort. So, I'm out. Good luck to those of you who stick with it - I thought there would be more to this but, it's just too bad for me to see where this goes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post

I'm pretty sure it's Roz. I wonder why Aaron is dragging it on so long. Maybe it's more about the way he wants to reveal it, rather than who it is that matters most. I'm not in it for the mystery so it doesn't really weigh into my decision to keep reading. I just think it's really too inconsequential to drag out.

I think Aaron's Thor has been strong throughout and I'm glad the quality is as good in this new installment. I thought this issue was really strong, especially to see Odinsons development.

I'm a rather new Thor-fan, actually the movies (the blasphemy!!) and Remender's Thor in Uncanny Avengers drew me in. I can understand why old fans might dislike it though but to me it feels fresh and gives Thor a new relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Probably not... though we haven't actually seen Gaea for a while, and she's got a history. I wonder when Odin noticed she was missing?
    Ugh!...You are right, Gaea has a story of shagging her close relatives, from her father Demiurge to her son Kāne Milohai and her grandson Poseidon. She woudn't mind kissing Thor.

But I don't think the female Thor is Gaea. Gaea doesn't need Mjolnir to be uber-powerful, she's in Odin's league.

Ugh!...You are right, Gaea has a story of shagging her close relatives, from her father Demiurge to her son Kāne Milohai and her grandson Poseidon. She woudn't mind kissing Thor.

But I don't think the female Thor is Gaea. Gaea doesn't need Mjolnir to be uber-powerful, she's in Odin's league.
    Oh, yeah, as an Elder God, she definitely doesn't fit the bill.

I just like to remind people that she's Thor's mother, actually.

Niffleheim

Absolutely enjoyed the issue. I have to admit though the mystery Thor is still not that interesting but after her chat with Odinson I must say I'm curious again to find out who it is and about where this story is going. Although not as I am curious as I want to find out where the story of Odin, Freyja and Odinson is heading.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's Roz. I wonder why Aaron is dragging it on so long. Maybe it's more about the way he wants to reveal it, rather than who it is that matters most. I'm not in it for the mystery so it doesn't really weigh into my decision to keep reading. I just think it's really too inconsequential to drag out.
    I don't mind about that, as I personally don't really care that much who is behind the mask, whether it's Jane, Roz or someone else.

The interesting part is how the other characters react to not knowing who it is. Looks like Thor Odinson will do some sleuthing a'la Lois Lane in the following isssues!

I still believe any unexplained properties of Mjolnir are explained by information that is being fed by the future into the past. It seems clear to me that Mjolnir is in some way being hacked with such knowledge, and the most likely source of it is Odin himself from an alternate future telling Loki because of a belief that only Loki can defend the Nine (Ten) Realms.

The tragedy of Thor and Loki is that though brothers, both should be future kings, but they can't be at the same time, and what their leadership means results in completely different futures. In the future where Thor rules as shown by Aaron, there is unimaginable and seemingly unending disaster, with an eventual rebirth, whereas Loki's reign might result in some sort of easier golden age.