Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast

No, but I think she needs a break from the X-Men. I'm a bit sick of her character and I think more characters can get the spotlight in a major team, especially since nobody has done anything interesting with Storm in a team book for years.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thenames9 View Post
    No, but I think she needs a break from the X-Men. I'm a bit sick of her character and I think more characters can get the spotlight in a major team, especially since nobody has done anything interesting with Storm in a team book for years.
    Totally agree. This whole mopey-dopey Storm in Gold is ridiculous. Let her go off to the Marvel side because it's clear the X-side don't have any interest in the character.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Storm fans like me will never stop trying to prove her formidable power, especially with the evidence we've been given. But we also know she isn't unbeatable. So this false narrative of her fans not knowing the difference is bullshit.
    Preach!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    No, but this thread should be.
    LOL ha! Love this..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Agreed. Frankly, I worry that Marvel is foolish enough to kill her off the second another black female character becomes prominent.
    I don't think that will happen any time soon... That said and as much as I enjoy sticking it to the "Storm can make it rain on a star" fans -- Ororo's powers appear to be nigh-cosmic. So until the celestial beings of the universe acknowledges that on-panel -- she's still just another omega-level mutant like Jean Grey
    Last edited by ZNOP; 06-05-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    I don't think that will happen any time soon... That said and as much as I enjoy sticking it to the "Storm can make it rain on a star" fans -- Ororo's powers appear to be nigh-cosmic. So until the celestial beings of the universe acknowledges that on-panel -- she's still just another omega-level mutant like Jean Grey
    Yeah, in a really messed up way Marvel's inability and unwillingness to push other black female characters works to Storm's advantage for now. I still worry that might change if the Black Panther movie is a hit. Marvel might think, "We don't need Storm anymore, just push the characters from that movie."

Yeah, in a really messed up way Marvel's inability and unwillingness to push other black female characters works to Storm's advantage for now. I still worry that might change if the Black Panther movie is a hit. Marvel might think, "We don't need Storm anymore, just push the characters from that movie."
    Don't forget about Riri.

If they were to kill her off in the comics, they would only replace her with Old Woman Storm, or a time-travelled child thief Storm from her Cairo days.

So we're all better off with her still alive, given the grim alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Don't forget about Riri.
    I think I've already forgotten. Who is Riri?

I think I've already forgotten. Who is Riri?
    Can't tell if serious or not. Iron heart, who they killed tony off for diversity. A Bendis creation.

BANNED

Can't tell if serious or not. Iron heart, who they killed tony off for diversity. A Bendis creation.
    Question.... Has Tony Stark been to be confirmed dead?

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Question.... Has Tony Stark been to be confirmed dead?
    Not dead but he's in a coma. And he's been replaced as iron man by Riri, an AI tony, and doom. But there was backlash towards Bendis for putting Tony in a coma during CWII and having Riri replace him.

Quite serious. I don't keep up with Iron Man comics so I genuinely had no idea who Riri was.

Quite serious. I don't keep up with Iron Man comics so I genuinely had no idea who Riri was.
    I don't really either, just kinda play keep up on websites. And I didn't know if you were serious or just proving how Storm is really the only black female character that had been pushed until recently.

I agree they need to bring a new black X-Woman into prominence. Let Storm make it rain on the Avengers for a little while. Who do we have to pick from though??? Idie? They have tried so hard to make her stick and it just didn't take. Kymera??? Please no. No more knock offs. Frenzy? I could see that as a maybe. She does actually have a good background work with. M is multiracial so I don't really count her. Bling! Might happen in GenX.

Didn't realize there was such slim pickings. Come on Marvel!!! It's 2017!!

I think the problem is that there is no role for her. Characters like Storm and adult Jean Grey have outgrown the X-men. Storm needs to go off on her own and do other things like save the world or join another team that would benefit from her experience and wisdom. I don't see why she can't be in An Avengers and adult Jean in Ultimates or a cosmic focused team.

I also don't like the self righteous Storm. I don't want an omnipotent Storm either. I prefer her regal yet Humble. I'd love to see her use her powers creatively.

I love her tiara and ruby but please retire the dated swimsuits.