Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The History of the Multiverse has been a series of alternate covers to Multiversity. The first issue was Flash #123, etc. This is for the Guidebook. It looks like Mastermen- the next issue after Guidebook- is Flashpoint, for what its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Is there actually a book titled HISTORY OF THE MULTIVERSE coming out, or is it just a variant cover concept for a single-volume MULTIVERSITY GUIDEBOOK?

I'm a bit confused about what I'm supposed to be buying here, with the condition that I care only about content and not about variant covers.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    No History of the Multiverse is just a banner for the variant covers in the series since they highlight different earths and/or multiversal events throughout DC history.

The actual book itself is The Multiversity Guidebook which is essentially a Multiversal variation on the classic DC "Who's Who" guides from back in the day with some short stories that tie into Multiversity as a whole as well. It's basically 80 pages not only identifying all the designated Earths in the New 52 Multiverse but also speaking on events like the multiple Crisis and their place within the overall cosmic landscape of DC itself today. It's basically all the answers to many of the questions a lot of us have had since the end of 52 back in 2007 and the dawn of the New 52 in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    The History of the Multiverse has been a series of alternate covers to Multiversity. The first issue was Flash #123, etc. This is for the Guidebook. It looks like Mastermen- the next issue after Guidebook- is Flashpoint, for what its worth.
    It's kinda sad that Final Crisis doesn't seem to be getting a variant. Weird too considering who is writing The Multiversity.

Want ongoing...

Where can I read this?

Yeah Earth-18 sounds especially intriguing. I love the twist that it's basically a modern day Earth that happens to be trapped in time as opposed to actually being set in the 19th century itself. That concept could create some really engaging storytelling dynamics.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Broddie View Post
    No History of the Multiverse is just a banner for the variant covers in the series since they highlight different earths and/or multiversal events throughout DC history.

The actual book itself is The Multiversity Guidebook which is essentially a Multiversal variation on the classic DC "Who's Who" guides from back in the day with some short stories that tie into Multiversity as a whole as well. It's basically 80 pages not only identifying all the designated Earths in the New 52 Multiverse but also speaking on events like the multiple Crisis and their place within the overall cosmic landscape of DC itself today. It's basically all the answers to many of the questions a lot of us have had since the end of 52 back in 2007 and the dawn of the New 52 in 2011.
    Thanks, folks.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Want ongoing...

Where can I read this?
    Agreed. This is why I wish Grant Morrison could write every comic i read.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Want ongoing...

Where can I read this?
    The Justice Riders was actually a Elseworld one shot in 1997. But this version sounds awesome.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_Riders

Sigh...I realize I'm in the minority, but one of my favorite potential Justice League line-ups was during 52 when it was Super-Chief, Firestorm, Firehawk, Bulleteer, and Ambush Bug. I would've loved a solid (albeit probably short-lived) JL series starring those characters.

There were a lot of interesting things in 52. But that league... well, could had been a curious interim team.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin