Page 111 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1715

Anyone remember that Gotham Girls episode where Batgirl got amnesia and was roped into being a criminal? DC Super Hero Girls just did it's own take on that plot:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Anyone remember that Gotham Girls episode where Batgirl got amensia and was roped into being a criminal? DC Super Hero Girls just did it's own take on that plot:

Is this a sneak preview of DC's plan for Dick?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Is this a sneak preview of DC's plan for Dick?
    "You Scratch My Back" in comic form .

Not really a fan of the darker direction. I mean I know Batman, Red Hood, & NW are going with a darker tone but I always liked Batgirl in a lighter tone. To be fair I prefer NW in a lighter tone.

For those interested, I've posted the first teaser chapter of a new fanfic starring Babs -

Title

Space Odyssey of Hope

Summary

Set in Universe 7531. Unable to accept the death of her best friend Batgirl, alongside her boyfriend Nightwing, goes on a galaxy-spanning quest in hopes of finding technology that can resurrect the fallen Supergirl (she was disintegrated by a Martian superweapon so no Lazarus Pit). Meanwhile the brothers Darkseid and Thanos battle for control over the empire of the "New Gods". Caught in the middle of a terrible war our heroes fight to survive.

Main Characters - [Barbara Gordon/Batgirl/Oracle, Dick G./Nightwing] Thanos, Darkseid

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1307940...dyssey-of-Hope

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Not really a fan of the darker direction. I mean I know Batman, Red Hood, & NW are going with a darker tone but I always liked Batgirl in a lighter tone. To be fair I prefer NW in a lighter tone.
    Other than Grotesque being a darker villain that the kind of candy colored and low-stakes villains we've been seeing for three years, I don't feel that Babs's relationships or character is necessarily darker. I don't think "more serious" necessarily has to be "darker" or "grim." In particular, I am really excited to see more of Babs and Jim, though hopefully it doesn't go in the "Batgirl: Wanted" direction this time around.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

It's not only we who appreciate Babs; Black Canary does it too.

tumblr_lh8g1xMeoK1qbujox.jpg

Batgirl in the Three Jokers story:

I wonder if Batgirl and Red Hood’s involvement in this story has to do with their recent status quo and costume changes?

It seems weird for them to change costumes right before they change costumes, but they definitely look designed to be temporary.

I dig Fabok’s Batgirl costume though!
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I wonder if Batgirl and Red Hood’s involvement in this story has to do with their recent status quo and costume changes?

It seems weird for them to change costumes right before they change costumes, but they definitely look designed to be temporary.

Timeline-wise these are apparently all their "future" costumes by the time period of Doomsday Clock (whenever the DCU catches up, that is).

I like the costume because it's A. Classic, B. makes Barbara look her age, and C. has the cowl back.

Not gonna lie, Fabok drawing Babs is the man draw for me.

I'm hoping Babs can get a chance to reclaim the TKJ narrative for herself in some way since DC is absolutely committed to that damn story. TKJ movie was horrid so maybe they can make even justify the existence of Babs in that story and actually give her moment in this story.

Plus ever since New 52 they really haven't really known how to let in unfold for Babs. The PTSD story line was great but it got dropped. The microchip and it's ability to get hacked is damn stupid. So maybe they can resolve some of the issues plaguing Babs with TKJ hanging over her head.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    I'm hoping Babs can get a chance to reclaim the TKJ narrative for herself in some way since DC is absolutely committed to that damn story. TKJ movie was horrid so maybe they can make even justify the existence of Babs in that story and actually give her moment in this story.
    Hopefully this story gives us what the movie should have as far as integrating Batgirl in to the Killing Joke's narrative.

Has Johns ever wrote Babs for more then a panel here or there? I’m excited for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post

I think these are all temporary. DC wants this book to have more staying power on the shelves, so they're going with iconic and familiar designs, rather than the ones that reflect their current status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Timeline-wise these are apparently all their "future" costumes by the time period of Doomsday Clock (whenever the DCU catches up, that is).

I like the costume because it's A. Classic, B. makes Barbara look her age, and C. has the cowl back.

Barbara Gordon as Batgirl looks amazing in the Three Jokers! I seriously hope this costume continues in her current Batgirl series.
    She looks like an adult, she looks strong, I love the darker colors, I love her cowl is back HELL YES that makes such an improvement.
    She is perfect!