Page 62 of 115 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Agreed. Except for Dick, whose civilian live post-Robin I find very boring. The one I want to see most is Damian, because I think it would be hilarious seeing him talked down to by adults and stuck with normal kids his age. It'd be cool if they made Babara a senator again.
    I'm curious what kind of stuff she'll get into as a librarian again .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Agreed. Except for Dick, whose civilian live post-Robin I find very boring. The one I want to see most is Damian, because I think it would be hilarious seeing him talked down to by adults and stuck with normal kids his age. It'd be cool if they made Babara a senator again.
    Eh. I admit it wasn't too exciting but I thought there was some merit to Dick's time as a cop.

If the glimpses of Damian pretending to be a normal kid we got in Steph's Batgirl book are any indication, it'd be amazing. I really hope they end up going that route, maybe having Bruce enroll Damian in Jon's school.

Barbara going back to being a senator would be a big step up for the character.

Any preference for who to cast as Barbara?

BANNED

So be honest here. Even if you're enjoying the current BoP run, wouldn't we all be happier if the roster looked like this?

birds of prey.jpg

No, BoP was at its best when it was a small, close, group of women.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-03-2017 at 12:42 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    No, BoP was at its best when it was a small, tight, group of women.
    It still was that. It was Babs, Helena, Zinda, plus non-permanent guest stars.

BoP is pretty good right now. I hope they don't fall into the same trap as Gail and start to overcrowd the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    So be honest here. Even if you're enjoying the current BoP run, wouldn't we all be happier if the roster looked like this?

birds of prey.jpg
    GOOD ERA... Especially for Barbara.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like the civilian lives for the entire Batfamily is really underutilized these days.
    Just curious, why are you guys upset that there's focus on Babs outside the suit? If you're a fan of the character, wouldn't you rather see them, well, being them? I'd kill for more of the books I read to focus on civilian lives (I'm looking at you 'Tec!)
    No, I love fo using at the alternate identities of the bat fam, I just was not a particular fan of Babs in the first 2 rebirth issues due to the Kai stuff and some of the writing.(I like the MMA stuff though) what did everyone think of the thought bubbles? Once again I was conflicted over them as I liked and disliked them for different reasons such as it added to the cartoony style but there was something off about them which I could not put my finger on, maybe I just prefer thought "boxes," or I just felt that they were overused.
    Last edited by Red obin; 04-03-2017 at 08:53 AM.

Also I was wondering about the first trade cover as I have seen this one floating around on the internet as well as the new cover which I have seen everywhere else. Any actual difference?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

birds of prey.jpg
    It really depends. I love Birds of Prey when it's the Core Trio, but I also adore Misfit and Zinda and Barda and Kate Spencer (even Infinity). What I'm not a fan of is when they include obnoxious members on the team and make them the focus of the plot, like Vulture or whatever he was in the n52 Birds, or Hawk and Dove in the Simone relaunch. New Oracle is on the bubble for me.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

All-New Member

Is Barbara still pining for Dick in Rebirth?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mfariasw31 View Post
    Is Barbara still pining for Dick in Rebirth?
    aaaaaaaaaa....uuuuuuuuummmmmm...sorta kinda? They're both dating other people right now, but Babs is mostly cruising on sketchy dudes who usually turn out to be connected to her villains, and Dick is always heart-first. Last issue of Birds of Prey indicated that she still has The Feelings for him, but isn't hung up on it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I don't mind peripheral characters, but the heart and soul are pretty much babs and dinah and also helena when she joins. Birds of Prey was formed on the basis of the relationship of Babs and Dinah, so when people try to substitute them for others it pretty much bombs. i also wouldn't want cass, stephanie or harper in the line up because then the concept of BoP becomes about mentoring the newbies. I prefer BoP to be a seasoned team. I'd accept Misfit though because I liked her dynamic with the team, but adding the other 3 girls would just seem to cater to fanfiction and just unnecessarily overpopulate the title. I still really adore the other characters but BoP just isn't a title to insert them into for the sake of it.

Good additions to the team would of course be Zinda. I'd trade Gus for Zinda in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by RedQueen; 04-12-2017 at 10:41 AM.

So looking at Batgirl sales figures, compared to other batfamily and rebirth titles, it's kind of lost it's buzz amongst other batfam and rebirth titles.

I know a lot of people aren't happy with the quality of stories that Babs is getting and batgirl writing is average and kind of meager compared to what other rebirth titles are producing, so I'm kind of wondering what everyone thinks needs to be changed for it to get a bit of a boost?

For me she needs a new writer and just a bit of revamp. Babs isn't a "contender" sort of character anymore. She kind of lacks her steel and previous temperament. I also want her own equivalent of a "nightwing" or "red hood" codename because she needs one, I think, and also a new costume but I love her color scheme still. But yeah I think she just needs a revamp, because she's turning 50 this year and,to me, batgirl is boring for her to be.