Page 101 of 115 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1715

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Great art BUT she still needs a full cowl
    I think I’d prefer full cowl too, but I also kinda like this, especially in this pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    From artist Travis Mercer, via Twitter, his take on the new look

Kinda looks like military gear there...
    Are the trying to make her look like Batwoman's sidekick or something?

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Great art BUT she still needs a full cowl
    Honestly, if anything is inevitable with Batgirl's costume, it's probably the return of the cowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, if anything is inevitable with Batgirl's costume, it's probably the return of the cowl.
    I really hope so coz to me batgirl needs her cowl and I really love the rest of this updated costume.

Ive was behind a week and just caught up on last weeks issue. Not bad, the art was awesome and im always a sucker for moments between Babs and her Dad.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Babs had a pretty cool role in this week's Nightwing - and there was a pretty fun parallel between Ben Oliver's variant for Nightwing #46 and Joshua Middleton's variant for Batgirl #24:

"We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member

After the disappointment of the Joss Whedon mess, it’s great to see that Barbara may still be headed to the big screen.

Also- those Nightwing and Batgirl covers are beautiful. Would love to see them put together.

I hope Barbara Gordon as Batgirl is in Birds of Prey movie and than we also get the Batgirl movie too.

I think it's a pity that Birds of Prey has become tied to Harley Quinn. While Harley is a great character, her backstory pales in comparison to Barbara Gordon's story as Batgirl and Oracle. And if DC wants the darker, grittier, more "realistic" stories, then "Oracle: Year One" is right there.

If they were to introduce Oracle, they could theoretically introduce her in Suicide Squad, and from there go into BoP.

But ya, BoP being a Harley Quinn movie kind of a sucks. Couldn’t they call it something else. You just know comics will follow suit, and then that’s what BoP will be known as from then on. What’s next, the Outsiders staring the Joker.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-08-2018 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    If they were to introduce Oracle, they could theoretically introduce her in Suicide Squad, and from there go into BoP.

But ya, BoP being a Harley Quinn movie kind of a sucks. Couldn’t they call it something else. You just know comics will follow suit, and then that’s what BoP will be known as from then on. What’s next, the Outsiders staring the Joker.
    I think it's partly because of the headless chicken thing still going on over at DC: Harley was the only popular character they got out of their earlier DCEU mess outside of Wonder Woman, and thus she was connected to whatever movie project that anyone wanted to push.

And while Oracle is connected to Suicide Squad, the connection isn't that strong, it's more of a quirk of that being the title that Ostrander and Yale were writing. It's far more important to establish her as having been Batgirl. And while Harley Quinn and Oracle can be in the same movie, it can be tonally challenging to do so.

Anyway, if I were DC, I'd look to get a good screenwriter to draft a Barbara Gordon trilogy, roughly being "Batgirl: Year One", "Oracle: Year One", and "Birds of Prey". The only guy I would trust with that would be Ostrander.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post

I don't know.
    When was the last time comics followed the movies on something non-cosmetic like a costume at DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    I understand stuff being pushed back but for month? Ughhh. Like I'm still looking forward to the issue, but it's still is a bit annoying when it was what I was looking forward to with July releases.