Page 102 of 115 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1715
    Spectacular Member

I was counting the days for this!
    The Batgirl vs March Harriet story by Paul Dini, drawn by Emanuela Lupacchino!
    Oh well- just add 21 to my count

No Babs in the Birds of Prey movie. Freaking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    No Babs in the Birds of Prey movie. Freaking ridiculous.
    Ikr. Harley Quinn taking the place of Oracle!! It's madness.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Ikr. Harley Quinn taking the place of Oracle!! It's madness.
    It's a Harley Quinn world and we're all just living in it.

But for real, omitting one of the founders of BoP and Cassandra Cain's mother figure in one swoop? WOW.

Why couldn’t they just come up with another name .

Mighty Member

Harley replacing Babs... DC please don't call the movie Birds of Prey. What about Harley Girl Gang?

Hope Cassandra Cain is Orphan in the Birds Of Prey movie so there is still hope for Barbara as Batgirl. Unless they do new 52 and show her as Oracle n then she has her operation and becomes Batgirl again. I hope the Batgirl movie isnt an origin coz I want 2 c Barbara Gordon as Batgirl in the current timeline NOT just a flashback.
    Barbara Gordon deserves to be Batgirl on the big screen coz she has never been in a live action movie.

Setting aside the whole Batgirl/Oracle thing, I really don't know if I care for the idea of a Birds of Prey movie with Cassandra Cain that doesn't have Cass.

But hopefully she will be in it...

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    I understand stuff being pushed back but for month? Ughhh. Like I'm still looking forward to the issue, but it's still is a bit annoying when it was what I was looking forward to with July releases.
    I'm wondering if the hold-up involves the back-up feature or not.
    After all, at last check, issue #26 is still scheduled for August 22nd release and the Annual #2 is still currently due out August 29th.
    (So that would be a new Batgirl issue three weeks in a row!)

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Why couldn’t they just come up with another name .
    You mean like "Gotham City Sirens"?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Hope Cassandra Cain is Orphan in the Birds Of Prey movie so there is still hope for Barbara as Batgirl. Unless they do new 52 and show her as Oracle n then she has her operation and becomes Batgirl again. I hope the Batgirl movie isnt an origin coz I want 2 c Barbara Gordon as Batgirl in the current timeline NOT just a flashback.
    Barbara Gordon deserves to be Batgirl on the big screen coz she has never been in a live action movie.
    Yes to all of this.

Looking at the timeline, it was announced that Joss Whedon had signed up to make ‘Batgirl’ in March of last year.
    If he’d declined WB/DC’s plea to first help out on their troubled Justice League production, and if his ex-wife hadn’t written that brutal essay, ‘Batgirl’ would likely be in post-production right now, sharing the spotlight with ‘Shazam’ and ‘Aquaman’ this Saturday in Hall H at San Diego.

I know that Whedon has become a divisive figure- with DC fans after Justice League and the broader public following the accusations by his former wife- but I still think that Buffy was great and Avengers very good, and that he would have delivered a great ‘Batgirl’.

Now, with word that Barbara is not in the Harley Girl Gang Movie, but Cass is, and that the same writer has been signed to write a new Batgirl script, it doesn’t sound good.

It’s too bad. A great character with over a fifty year history, it would be great to see her on the big screen.
    Last edited by atomicbattery; 07-17-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Extraordinary Member

this is an injustice

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbattery View Post
    Yes to all of this.

Looking at the timeline, it was announced that Joss Whedon had signed up to make ‘Batgirl’ in March of last year.
    If he’d declined WB/DC’s plea to first help out on their troubled Justice League production, and if his ex-wife hadn’t written that brutal essay, ‘Batgirl’ would likely be in post-production right now, sharing the spotlight with ‘Shazam’ and ‘Aquaman’ this Saturday in Hall H at San Diego.

I know that Whedon has become a divisive figure- with DC fans after Justice League and the broader public following the accusations by his former wife- but I still think that Buffy was great and Avengers very good, and that he would have delivered a great ‘Batgirl’.

Now, with word that Barbara is not in the Harley Girl Gang Movie, but Cass is, and that the same writer has been signed to write a new Batgirl script, it doesn’t sound good.

It’s too bad. A great character with over a fifty year history, it would be great to see her on the big screen.
    I still have some hope for Barbara as Batgirl on the big screen but it is diminishing everytime a new report comes out about Birds of Prey.
    Barbara Gordon deserves her chance to shine on the big screen as Batgirl with all the history she has and not in just a flashback. I want her In the current time line so she can appear in other movies with other hero's.
    Supergirl has a movie and a TV series so babsgirl is way over due to star in her own movie and Batfamily movies.
    On another note it's very exciting Batwoman it receiving her own live action TV series.

If Babs doesn't make it in, you can probably blame either Margot or Matt Reeves. Unless this movie is Birds if Prey in name only. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Huntress and Black Canary know eachother before becoming teammates?

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I’m pretty pissed that Barbara is getting kicked out of her own team for the movie. The only reason I’ll be okay with it is if it’s because she’s still getting her own solo film.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    If Babs doesn't make it in, you can probably blame either Margot or Matt Reeves. Unless this movie is Birds if Prey in name only. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Huntress and Black Canary know eachother before becoming teammates?
    Nope Babs is the link
    she also and important figure in cassandra like al the pieces haave come together without the frame