Page 16 of 115 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

At the Spotlight On Gotham Panel at Thought Bubble in Leeds, with wonderful panel report by Bleeding Cool’s Editor-In-Chief Hannah Means-Shannon right here, we learned that the creative team fought for a relaunch and a new issue 1 but that was rejected by the top brass.

At the time, I remember Batgirl was a big issue book for the DC New 52 Relaunch, with a big change for Barbara Gordon and a controversial one. The panel suggested that for Batgirl, it might seem like another reboot – which is not what this comic book is.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/11/...-with-a-new-1/

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Cactus View Post
    lol nice contrast between their facial expressions
    Haha, yeah. I was trying to play a lot of contrasts: bright/dark attitudes seen in their facial expressions, Barbara's natural red hair against Kate's totally fake battle wig, natural lip versus heavy lipstick. Even their stances and what they're doing with their hands/arms. Of course, the materials of their costumes.

As far as Barbara's expression goes, I wanted to get an excited, adrenalin junkie vibe, but I think I might have veered a bit far into crazy eyes territory. Ah, well...

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post

At the Spotlight On Gotham Panel at Thought Bubble in Leeds, with wonderful panel report by Bleeding Cool’s Editor-In-Chief Hannah Means-Shannon right here, we learned that the creative team fought for a relaunch and a new issue 1 but that was rejected by the top brass.

At the time, I remember Batgirl was a big issue book for the DC New 52 Relaunch, with a big change for Barbara Gordon and a controversial one. The panel suggested that for Batgirl, it might seem like another reboot – which is not what this comic book is.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/11/...-with-a-new-1/
    I think thats a fair reason. I wouldn't have minded either way, and if #35 didn't see a significant bump then id have said they messed up, but it seems to have worked out fine.

Spectacular Member

I've been on the lookout for chapters of the digital Batman '66 comic with Batgirl in them... would anyone care to tell me which stories have her?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    If anyone's still missing Gail's grim-dark Batgirl, this might fill that gap....

she looks alot like barbara kean from Gotham

I'm loving all of the variant covers Cliff Chiang provides for Batgirl, but this one is definitely my favorite. From the upcoming March's movie poster themed variants:

And here's the lovely original, for those who missed it!

Just posted my Nightwing statue, here's the ArtFx+ Batgirl statue that I received

BANNED

Barbara should take on the mantle of Batwoman, and give the Batgirl moniker to Cass or Steph, who are more "girl" than grown-up Barbara.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Barbara should take on the mantle of Batwoman, and give the Batgirl moniker to Cass or Steph, who are more "girl" than grown-up Barbara.
    Welcome to the new 52, where Barbara Gordon is 21 years old, and was never this "grown-up" Barbara/Oracle you remember from the old pre-flashpoint continuity.
    Also, may i remind you that you are in the Barbara Appreciation thread. Complaining that a character isn't what you want her to be isn't appreciation. If you wanna say something nice about Stephanie Brown or Cassandra Cain, please go post in the appreciation topics for those characters, and don't bother fans of the iconic Batgirl.

Batgirl_Adventures_1.jpg

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Barbara Gordon fan going all the way back to the late '60s animated Batman program on Saturday mornings. Loved her as Oracle, but even more so as Batgirl.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

There's a cool article up at Multiversity Comics regarding the secret antagonist for the current Batgirl run as part of their annotations. They have a theory that Barbara's algorithm of her mind has actually become sentient, effectively becoming "Oracle" of sorts, and is attempting to bring her back into the cycle of despair she was caught in back in Gotham. It's pretty interesting, and quite an elaborate plot if the creative team is actually going there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    There's a cool article up at Multiversity Comics regarding the secret antagonist for the current Batgirl run as part of their annotations. They have a theory that Barbara's algorithm of her mind has actually become sentient, effectively becoming "Oracle" of sorts, and is attempting to bring her back into the cycle of despair she was caught in back in Gotham. It's pretty interesting, and quite an elaborate plot if the creative team is actually going there.
    Makes sense and would be a pretty damn clever way to bring aspects of Oracle back into the equation. And if it doesn't happen...well then that blog post may well have ruined the series for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    Welcome to the new 52, where Barbara Gordon is 21 years old, and was never this "grown-up" Barbara/Oracle you remember from the old pre-flashpoint continuity.
    Also, may i remind you that you are in the Barbara Appreciation thread. Complaining that a character isn't what you want her to be isn't appreciation. If you wanna say something nice about Stephanie Brown or Cassandra Cain, please go post in the appreciation topics for those characters, and don't bother fans of the iconic Batgirl.
    No need to be so defensive - I'm sure we can all get along in the same thread discussing ALL aspects of Barbara Gordon - past, present, alternate and future - without falling into faction warfare

Quote Originally Posted by RubberLotus View Post
    I've been on the lookout for chapters of the digital Batman '66 comic with Batgirl in them... would anyone care to tell me which stories have her?
    I used comicbookdb

#13 - 'The Sandman Says Goodnight'
    #15 - 'The Tail of the Tiger Topaz'
    #18 - 'The Kissing Cossack'
    #30 - 'Cleopatra's Reign'
    #31 - 'The Joker's Big Show'
    #32 - 'Gotham Goes Ho Ho Ho'
    #33 - 'The Dynamic Duo & Batgirl Say Hello!'
    #34 - 'The Queen of Diamons' Big Heist'
    #35 - 'Batman Makes Marsha Pay the Price'
    #36 - 'To Be or Not to Be'
    #49 - 'Bats, Books, and Crazy Crooks'

May as well just grab the trades!

So happy to see Batgirl's Jan sales still over 45k...very little attrition over prior month. She's a hit!

One of my favorite Batgirl stories isnt even in comics, its in the episode of Batman: The Animated Series: “Over The Edge”. the episode starts out with the bat family taking fire from police in the batcave and leaves you to wonder what in the world is going on then it ends nicely and it has a great barbara and gordon scene in the end. very nice depiction of the character by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie_2000 View Post
    One of my favorite Batgirl stories isnt even in comics, its in the episode of Batman: The Animated Series: “Over The Edge”. the episode starts out with the bat family taking fire from police in the batcave and leaves you to wonder what in the world is going on then it ends nicely and it has a great barbara and gordon scene in the end. very nice depiction of the character by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm.
    Yeah, i remember watching that episode, and i forgot to read spoilers, so i was like... "O no they didn't." and i literally paused the episode, and spent about 15 minutes looking out of my window just pondering whether i ever wanted to watch this show again. Then i continued to watch it, and when the episode was finished i realized how brilliant it was. Definitely one of the best episodes of the show. The ending with her father was adorable.

If anyone cares, google Kevin Smith's podcast: "Fatman on Batman", and look for the one where he interviews Paul Dini. They discus the episode, and when they're discussing the ending of the episode Paul Dini gets very emotional and sheds a tear.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Makes sense and would be a pretty damn clever way to bring aspects of Oracle back into the equation. And if it doesn't happen...well then that blog post may well have ruined the series for me...
    Yes, even without this article, i also thought about the possibility of this algorithm turning into a digital new 52 version of Oracle. I wouldn't drop the series if it didn't turn out like this, but it would be an absolute genius move from Cameron Stewart and Brenden Fletcher to do this.
    I mean let's say this does turn out this way. How perfect would this be? Imagine the beauty of it, Barbara as Batgirl being guided by Oracle as individual characters working together. This is the perfect way of brining back Oracle without having to change Batgirl. It would also be cool to see Barbara have Oracle the way Tony Stark has Jarvis.