Page 4 of 115 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    Gail's run on Batgirl has made Barbara Gordon into one of my all time favourite characters. I really like her character journey and find her a really fun character.
    Welcome aboard and glad to hear you are enjoying Gail's run!

While a longtime fan of Barbara I too have been liking this book quite much. It's joyous to see Barbara as Batgirl's solo series be this well done.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    Welcome aboard and glad to hear you are enjoying Gail's run!

While a longtime fan of Barbara I too have been liking this book quite much. It's joyous to see Barbara as Batgirl's solo series be this well done.
    Thanks for the welcome
    and yes, I always thought Batgirl one of the more interesting folks in the DCU but this run has really clinched the deal for me. It's one of my favourite New 52 runs too. It's also led me to check out Gail's tumblr and twitter which are brilliant because she's so personable and funny. I lent some of the trades to my dad and he liked them too. Some people think the run is too dark but really it's about lighting up the dark with Batgirl's journey in overcoming her past and gaining the confidence to be the greatest Batgirl ever

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Yvonne Craig was so good as Barbara Gordon/Batgirl. The perfect mix of confidence and cute.
    Pull: Batgirl, Worlds' Finest, Sensation, Batman '66, MLP

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    I really like this piece! Great find my friend.

Barbara in quiet thought. The background buildings seem to loom on this one.

Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    It's enjoyable! I really liked it, I just hope we see more of Batgirl in Batman Eternal. Can't get enough of her lol
    We will. From the sound of it, many of the consulting writers each have their own pet characters and places they want to explore in the story--Tynion's talked about focusing on Tim and Steph, Fawkes has talked about doing horror stories with Batwing--and Tim Seeley has talked about being focused on Batgirl with a big espionage story.

The latest issue #33 was a good read. One thing that people have mentioned as missing before: she has lenses for her cowl. She puts a good hurting on Ragdoll, too, changing tactics when her usual manner of fighting fails. She acquits herself pretty well here.
    Pull: Batgirl, Worlds' Finest, Sensation, Batman '66, MLP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shimarenda View Post
    The latest issue #33 was a good read. One thing that people have mentioned as missing before: she has lenses for her cowl. She puts a good hurting on Ragdoll, too, changing tactics when her usual manner of fighting fails. She acquits herself pretty well here.
    I liked the issue a lot. Ragdoll was so evil-looking - loved it. And I liked when Barbara lost control again and beat the snot out of him.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I haven't posted on this thread since the forum reboot. Batgirl is still one of my absolute favorite characters.
    I'm way behind on her book though, I have all of the issues sitting beside my desk just waiting to be read.

The last issue was great! Man, Ragdoll was creepy! If there is one thing that Pasarin can actually draw it's making Ragdoll look SUPER creepy. The last few issues of Batgirl have been pretty darn good, I'm looking forward to next month's.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Default Alex Garner cover artwork for Batgirl #34

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison