Page 51 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    With rumors that the upcoming Harley Quinn movie will introduce Batgirl and The Birds of Prey, who would be your choice to play Babs?
    More importantly: which Huntress will be in it?

Batgirl faces Poison Ivy in December! This sounds like a lot of fun, always love it when these two are paired together.

BATGIRL #6
    Written by HOPE LARSON
    Art and cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
    Variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    “RETURN TO BURNSIDE”! On what should be a relaxing flight back home, Babs finds herself and her fellow passengers in mortal peril from…Poison Ivy? Batgirl must get to the bottom of Ivy’s attack and save the plane if she ever wants to see home again!
    On sale DECEMBER 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Batgirl faces Poison Ivy in December! This sounds like a lot of fun, always love it when these two are paired together.

BATGIRL #6
    Written by HOPE LARSON
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    “RETURN TO BURNSIDE”! On what should be a relaxing flight back home, Babs finds herself and her fellow passengers in mortal peril from…Poison Ivy? Batgirl must get to the bottom of Ivy’s attack and save the plane if she ever wants to see home again!
    The funny thing is that this isn't the first time these two have fought on a plane:

Plane.JPG
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Amazing Member

I´m really excited to Batgirl# 6 Babs is great, and I was missing see Poison Ivy like a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post

BATGIRL #6
    Written by HOPE LARSON

Can't wait for this! I'm kinda hoping it's like a buddy trip-type story. I'm dying for #3 to come out... that cover is by far my favorite of any Rebirth.

Might as well do BoP to.

BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY #5
    Written by JULIA BENSON and SHAWNA BENSON
    Art by CLAIRE ROE
    Cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    Variant cover by KAMOME SHIRAHAMA
    “WHO IS ORACLE?” part five! The new Oracle has led the Birds of Prey all around Gotham City, forcing them to deal with the worst of what the city has to offer. Now Batgirl, Black Canary and Huntress will learn the reason when this impostor’s secrets are revealed! But Oracle isn’t the only one with a secret past…where did the mysterious Fenice come from, anyway?
    On sale DECEMBER 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Amazing Member

Beautiful cover, I´m so excited to read this comics, Batgirl #3 please come soon, Batgirl and the birds of prey, all of this.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Woohoo!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Both of them look awesome. Wasn't too keen on the situation with Babs for the more recent story in Batgirl, this one though looks fun so I'll pick it up. Oooh love the cover of the BoP, and Fenice seems like an interesting villain to have around. Also I'm wondering if Oracle is going to turn out to be Ulysses. He seems the sort to pull this stuff off, given his situation with Tim in the last Tec issues.

Art of Mahmud Asrar:

I wish Babs' costume was something like that. My favorite one is from Year One though.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldy View Post
    Art of Mahmud Asrar:

I wish Babs' costume was something like that. My favorite one is from Year One though.

That is a cool costume n so much better than silly Burnside Costume. Still I wish they went back to her new 52 costume from the Gail Simone series!

I'm really curious - completely divorced from the Burnside stories, what's wrong with the Stewart/Tarr Batgirl costume? Other than the kinda overly trendy shoes, I like the lines of it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member

I can't say if I particularly dislike it in comparison to her other costumes but it does strike me as the costume most defined by being "fashionable", for lack of a better term, than anything else. Sometimes, if she's paired with the more utilitarian designs of characters like Nightwing or shown in fanart alongside the other Batgirls, she looks like the one least prepared for actual combat and adventure and more like she's accessorize her suit.

I actually kind of like the design on its own, but there's something more traditionally appealing in her classic grey and blue, and my personal favorite Batgril designs are still Cass and Steph's; the former because it looks like a truly intimidating associate of Batman, and the former because I just love the way it looked sleek but armored while being colorful.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I can't say if I particularly dislike it in comparison to her other costumes but it does strike me as the costume most defined by being "fashionable", for lack of a better term, than anything else. Sometimes, if she's paired with the more utilitarian designs of characters like Nightwing or shown in fanart alongside the other Batgirls, she looks like the one least prepared for actual combat and adventure and more like she's accessorize her suit.

I actually kind of like the design on its own, but there's something more traditionally appealing in her classic grey and blue, and my personal favorite Batgril designs are still Cass and Steph's; the former because it looks like a truly intimidating associate of Batman, and the former because I just love the way it looked sleek but armored while being colorful.
    Interesting. I'm terrible at fashion, so I don't notice much except the boots fitting the "trendy" catagory (and the laces being ridiculous). But it feels like a uniform you could actually put on, which is perhaps against the whole "comics run on rule of cool" aesthetic of Batman, but I enjoy that aspect of it. And it's much better than "Batman lite for girls" of the n52, I think, so maybe that's why I enjoy it.

As for Cass and Steph's costumes - absolutely, though I don't love how you can't see poor Cass's face at all. But it does fit how scary her abilities are. Steph's is my favorite, not just because of who wears it, but because the ribbed sides are just so cool, and identifiable. I know it's Steph Batgirl whenever I see it - and I'm so glad Dustin Nguyen drew from it for her new Spoiler costume.

I dunno - when handled by artists like Claire Roe and Roge Antonio in Birds of Prey, Babs's new costume looks pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm really curious - completely divorced from the Burnside stories, what's wrong with the Stewart/Tarr Batgirl costume? Other than the kinda overly trendy shoes, I like the lines of it.
    I like the look of the suit, but my issue with it is that it is completely unarmored. It's a trade-off for being easy to transport and change into quickly in the field, but that's a pretty high cost.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)