Page 60 of 115 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I think it´s because Batgirl always has her own way in Batfamily, Cass was different, because she was more connected with Batman, the others, Barbara and Steph was more by hers own.
    And in the time when Cass was Batgirl, the Batfamily comics are more connect one each other, now each comic is one comic.

Amazing Member

Anyway did you see the solicitation to April? The cover is good, and looks Ethan is a (spoiler) really a bad guy.

Extraordinary Member

I'm a little bit confused by the preview of the new Batgirl issue, was Frankie being LGBT ever mentioned before?

Amazing Member

Yes, Franklin always was LGBT.

Full credits for the 50th Anniversary HC

NOV160322
    (W) Gardner Fox, Chuck Dixon, Kelley Puckett, Gail Simone, Bill Finger, Scott Beatty, Frank Robbins, Bob Rozakis, Barbara Randall, John Ostrander, Kim Yale, Greg Rucka, Dylan Horrocks, Bryan Q. Miller, Cameron Stewart, Brendan Fletcher (A) Carmine Infantino, Damion Scott, Cameron Stewart, Babs Tarr, Sheldon Moldoff, Charles Paris, Sid Greene, Gil Kane, Don Heck, Irv Novick, Vince Colletta, Trevor Von Eeden, Rodin Rodriguez, Barry Kitson, Bruce D. Patterson, Brian Stelfreeze, Karl Story, Greg Land, Drew Geraci, Mike Deodato, Sean Parsons, Robert Campanella, Rick Leonardi, Jesse Delperdang, Tim Levins, Lee Garbett, Dan Davis, Aaron Sowd, Trevor Scott, Pere Perez, Ed Benes (A/CA) Marcos Martin, Alvaro Lopez
    Looks like some Silver Age Batgirl, Year One, Birds of Prey (both Dixon/Land and Simone/Benes), Suicide Squad, No Man's Land, Cass Cain Batgirl run, Stephanie Batgirl run, and Burnside.

Screenshot_20170212-205719.jpg

Supergirl #9

Written by STEVE ORLANDO • Art and cover by BRIAN CHING • Variant cover by BENGAL

“Escape from the Phantom Zone” part one! Trapped in the Phantom Zone, Supergirl and Batgirl must face the Phantom King to escape! But what deadly team is Emerald Empress building? And what does it have to do with the future of the Girl of Steel?

On sale MAY 10 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Last edited by Caivu; 02-12-2017 at 08:02 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Screenshot_20170212-205719.jpg

Supergirl #9

Written by STEVE ORLANDO • Art and cover by BRIAN CHING • Variant cover by BENGAL

“Escape from the Phantom Zone” part one! Trapped in the Phantom Zone, Supergirl and Batgirl must face the Phantom King to escape! But what deadly team is Emerald Empress building? And what does it have to do with the future of the Girl of Steel?

On sale MAY 10 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Wow, this Supergirl/Batgirl team-up is lasting a lot longer then I was expecting .

And we're getting more development on the Legion front, with Emerald Empress building-up a new Fatal Five. Curious to see how she'll make do without the usual suspects now that she's in the modern era.

Amazing Member

Glad to see my girls working together again and to see Barbara more involved in DCU and the Rebirth.

I just read that Batgirl and Batgirl and The Birds Of Prey are being cancelled. Not only that but Barbara Gordon is going to become Oracle again because she makes the ultimate sacrifice and becomes crippled again.
    Please tell me this isn't true...Im a huge Batgirl fan and dont want her to become Oracle again.
    Rumour is irs due to poor sales.
    Yeah that's coz Batgirl went from total amazing kick arse in Gail Simones series to baby immature batgirl of Burnside.
    Bring back the serious adult Batgirl in her amazing armored costume.
    I do admit that I have enjoyed the new writers n artist on the new Burnside stories. They are a huge improvement compared to BabsTarrs work. I did NOT like her art at all
    Too cartoony and too baby like

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I just read that Batgirl and Batgirl and The Birds Of Prey are being cancelled. Not only that but Barbara Gordon is going to become Oracle again because she makes the ultimate sacrifice and becomes crippled again.
    Please tell me this isn't true...Im a huge Batgirl fan and dont want her to become Oracle again.
    Yeah that's coz Batgirl went from total amazing kick arse in Gail Simones series to baby immature batgirl of Burnside.
    I do admit that I have enjoyed the new writers n artist on the new Burnside stories. They are a huge improvement compared to BabsTarrs work. I did NOT like her art at all
    Unfortunately, what you read, and I saw it too, was most definitely fake.

But man do I wish it were real! I despise Babs as Batgirl, but I ADORE Oracle, and a book where Oracle trains Cass and Steph while the two fight as a duo is something I've wanted for YEARS!

Batgirl and BBoP were both selling above 20,000 last month, so they're safe for a while.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Snyder already debunked that. https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...81674848522241

Though if DC wanted Babs to be Oracle again, then they should just make her Oracle again with her ability to walk. For them cripple her a second time just to make her Oracle again would be messed up. She doesn't have to be in the chair to be Oracle. Just show us what a walking modern Oracle would be like. In the age of tablets, phones, and technology made to go. There are plenty of new tech ideas that they could incorporate into a walking Oracle, who could work in the field.
    And i don't care what she's called, in any form she's too good to be Batgirl support. Ive had to hear over and over how Batgirl is a step down from Oracle. So if thats true, then Oracle should be published as such.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-29-2017 at 07:20 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Snyder already debunked that. https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...81674848522241

Though if DC wanted Babs to be Oracle again, then they should just make her Oracle again with her ability to walk. For them cripple her a second time just to make her Oracle again would be messed up. She doesn't have to be in the chair to Oracle. Just show us what a walking modern Oracle would be like. In the age of tablets, phones, and technology made to go. There are plenty of new tech ideas that they could incorporate into a walking Oracle, who could work in the field.
    And i don't care what she's called, in any form she's too good to be Batgirl support. Ive had to hear over and over how Batgirl is a step down from Oracle. So if thats true, then Oracle should be published as such.
    I agree - I don't so much want Babs in the chair as Babs as Oracle. She's not as merchandiseable, though (however, I do have the Oracle Heroclix figure on my desk in front of me now, with Black Bat Cass and Batgirl Steph ), so I'm not sure it'll happen. The holdover in Akrham Asylum's game series didn't seem to do anything but push Arkham to make flashback Batgirl DLC. If ever there was a universe that Cass would fit well in, the Arkhamverse seems like one, but it didn't happen.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

If they were to make her Oracle again then obviously they're not caring about merchandise as much, because non of them are as merchandisable (is this a word?) as her Batgirl.

I remember when that first image for the DLC came out we were debating which Batgirl it was, and a lot of people were guessing it was Cass because she looked like a brunette.

It ended up being a pretty cool Batgirl DLC though. I liked Ashley Greene as Barbara .