Page 69 of 115 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1715
    BANNED

Hate.jpg

I was just informed that there have been multiple instances of people who miss Oracle being vilified over the last several years. I have no idea about the details, but if anyone would like to share, please do so. If anyone would like to explain why the f**k people still read this, that'd be great too.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Hate.jpg

I was just informed that there have been multiple instances of people who miss Oracle being vilified over the last several years. I have no idea about the details, but if anyone would like to share, please do so. If anyone would like to explain why the f**k people still read this, that'd be great too.
    I mean, I enjoy Barbara as Oracle and I completely understand the value of that role and all the character development that gave Babs as a character and the role it carved for her in the DCU and the Batfamily. So I totally understand why people still miss Oracle and they are totally justified in that opinion and don't deserve to be vilified for it.

I just also happen to really enjoy her as Batgirl, which is why I wish her solo book was better (or at least more to my tastes as far as a Batgirl book in the main universe is concerned) and I find Birds of Prey to be a fun book with a good dynamic between the three leads.

But that's just me.

Oracle isnt vilified.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    Yeah I'd say top 4 with Wondy, Supergirl and Harley Quinn. The other 3 have benefited from live action adaptations, especially Harley who has become something of a pop culture hit. It would be interesting to see what Barbara will gain from a live action adaptation. I'd like some news with SDCC but who knows with Justice League promotion being the priority.
    I would say:

Classic Iconic Trio:
    Wonder Woman, Lois, Catwoman

Younger Iconic Trio: Harley, Supergirl, Batgirl

DC Pillars Woman (2016-17) Wonder Woman and Harley

Now if this movie gets off the ground and is successful, then you can add Batgirl to the DC Pillars Woman list.

I miss Oracle but I also love Babs as Batgirl, even if I don't always love the direction her solo or team book are heading. Batgirl Year One is a phenomenal book and as far as I'm concerned Babs can coast on that for a while longer

For the life of me I can't understand why DC gave the Oracle mantle to a lemon like Gus though. He is the worst. Why not Frankie Charles? She is one of the best things to come from the Burnside run, she is Babs friend and has proven herself trustworthy. Plus she looks bad ass. It seems like a no brainer.

I don't know any details about oracle fans being vilified, the only thing I've really seen on here is the oracle v batgirl debate. nothing to the extent of being vilified, but just debate from both sides, sometimes it can get heated but that happens with other debates on the forum too.

Yeah Gus has got to go. They tried, and it isn't working. I gave him a shot but really Frankie or someone else needs the Oracle mantel. I enjoy the title itself but the Oracle thing is really dragging the dynamic down. Frankie could easily mesh in with the girls. Oracle is supposed to be a mantel representing strength for the field team and Gus still needs to be babysat and the only dynamic he has is with Babs. if you have Oracle, they need to be be the backbone for the field team.

The writers need to do something about the oracle situation because Gus isn't being accepted. I have some friends who dropped the title because of how lame the Oracle reveal was. My one issue with the title is literally Gus because I don't really care about him. Just a trade up for Frankie would make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Why not Frankie Charles? She is one of the best things to come from the Burnside run, she is Babs friend and has proven herself trustworthy. Plus she looks bad ass. It seems like a no brainer.
    That's what got me. She was literally right there for the taking. And Gus is able-bodied with no establishment other than being a fangirl of babs. Feels like such waste of a mantel.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Just got done watching Young Justice for the first time, and I really enjoyed Batgirl. I wish we'd gotten more time with her - and more time with the Batfamily with Batman, but I love that she was so capable, and that she was taking Dick's place on the team at the end of the season. I hope she continues next season!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Just got done watching Young Justice for the first time, and I really enjoyed Batgirl. I wish we'd gotten more time with her - and more time with the Batfamily with Batman, but I love that she was so capable, and that she was taking Dick's place on the team at the end of the season. I hope she continues next season!
    It'd be interesting and cool if we see her mentor Steph as Spoiler to some degree, either as an active Batgirl or potentially as Oracle depending on what's happened during the time-skip.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    That's what got me. She was literally right there for the taking. And Gus is able-bodied with no establishment other than being a fangirl of babs. Feels like such waste of a mantel.
    I don't know who this Frankie person is, but a quick google search tells me that she needs to use crutches to get around. Just from that, I would have preferred her in the Oracle role. (How did anyone think making an able bodied man Oracle was a good idea?! ) Another google search also netted me learning that Babs apparently compared herself to Oracle again because she was using a computer. F**king Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'd be interesting and cool if we see her mentor Steph as Spoiler to some degree, either as an active Batgirl or potentially as Oracle depending on what's happened during the time-skip.
    The fact that Babs wasn't show-off as Batgirl alongside the rest of the season 2 cast is all I've got to hold onto. It's all I got.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I like that idea a lot! I just hope we get a bit more of the Bat-characters other than Nightwing (including Bruce, surprisingly) than we did in season 2. I love what the show did with all the characters, but I'm a Batfam fan first and foremost.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Oracle shouldn't be a mantle. Oracle is Babs intellectual property. I know no one is asking, but this is what I would do with Oracle. I would have Babs turn Oracle into new fictional superhero app, along the lines of Siri and Watson, exclusively available to various superheros and oversaw by Babs herself and maybe a collection of various trusted allies. This way even as Batgirl she can moonlight as Oracle whenever they want. The more mundane things Oracle did would be taken care of by the app's AI, while the more complicated stuff Babs would have to handle herself.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-30-2017 at 10:56 PM.

Oracle is also Babs' British AI in DC Super Hero Girls, if I recall correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    The fact that Babs wasn't show-off as Batgirl alongside the rest of the season 2 cast is all I've got to hold onto. It's all I got.
    Well, we also didn't see Kaldur, M'Gann, or some of the other season 2 members, so it might not be indicative of anything.

I'm fine either way and Weisman and co. will probably go with whatever they feel is right for the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I like that idea a lot! I just hope we get a bit more of the Bat-characters other than Nightwing (including Bruce, surprisingly) than we did in season 2. I love what the show did with all the characters, but I'm a Batfam fan first and foremost.
    I think Greg Weisman is a pretty big Batman fan (on-top of also being a Green Arrow and Flash fan), so I think he'll try to do the Batfamily justice as he has in the past .

It'll be interesting to see what the team dynamics will be like. Steph being on the Team at all is a level of official recognition that she never really got as Spoiler until way later in her career.

I'm really excited for YJ season 3 but I'm super bummed about another time jump. I don't mind a couple of of months but everyone seems to have aged up again and the team and mains are a revolving door of characters that it's hard to form an attachment too. That's my one bummer with it, but I am super stoked for it coming back on. Barbara should be interesting with the leadership role last season. But with the time jump I doubt we'll see any of it to make way for the new status quo.

I would kill for some Dinah and Babs interaction. I don't think they've ever been animated together so it would be rad to finally see them.

Oracle is also Babs' British AI in DC Super Hero Girls, if I recall correctly.
    I honestly did not know that, but there you go.