Page 70 of 115 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1715

hey I know it's Barbara's 50th this year and all, but has anyone seen anything celebrating or promoting that? Cause I recently saw stuff for Harley's 25th and it got me thinking that I haven't seen anything promotional like that for Barbara. Have I missed anything?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    hey I know it's Barbara's 50th this year and all, but has anyone seen anything celebrating or promoting that? Cause I recently saw stuff for Harley's 25th and it got me thinking that I haven't seen anything promotional like that for Barbara. Have I missed anything?
    Harley will always be promoted more. She outsells by a landslide in merchandise every female comic character. There's a reason Batman will have to share his day with Harley this year.

There were Batgirl merchandise in SDCC celebrating Barbara's 50th year. The only thing I heard in comics is her involvement in upcoming Gotham City Garage. Batgirl tends to be promoted more outside of comics. Hopefully when her movie comes out that changes.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

The 50 year anthology!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

thanks I'll check some stuff out!

btw what do you think of Barbara Gotham City Garage design? I thought it looked pretty badas$

thanks I'll check some stuff out!

btw what do you think of Barbara Gotham City Garage design? I thought it looked pretty badas$
    You should post a pic so lazy people like me can have an opinion.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    You should post a pic so lazy people like me can have an opinion.
    DC_GCG_batgirl-07172017-615x489.jpg
    looks cool me thinks

Her and Kara are sisters in this verse because Kara was raised by Jim alongside Babs apparently.

BANNED

looks cool me thinks

Her and Kara are sisters in this verse because Kara was raised by Jim alongside Babs apparently.
    I like the design as well. Unfortunately, I have zero interest in Garage for obvious reasons.

looks cool me thinks

Interesting! She seems to be stealing some of Zinda Blake's look - I'm looking forward to the Kelly/Lanzig series coming out soon!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Interesting! She seems to be stealing some of Zinda Blake's look - I'm looking forward to the Kelly/Lanzig series coming out soon!
    Curious, why are you OK with Garage when you're not with Bombshells? Still holding out feint hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Curious, why are you OK with Garage when you're not with Bombshells? Still holding out feint hope?
    Well, I really, really dislike Bennett's writing in Bombshells (I've read at least 50 of the issues, so I did give it a chance), and even though the art is pretty fun, I'm not really a fan of the whole concept of superheros fighting in a real life war (or really any war). Historical war is too complicated and messy for me to really enjoy the stronger contrasts between good and evil that superheros are best suited for (and while I do think there's plenty of room for moral complexity in superheros, I'm not a fan of things like Watchmen that undermine the very concept of an inspirational figure who becomes a hero because he or she wants to make the world a better place - stories that undermine the very possibility of altruistic heroism).

Plus, there's the Issue of erasing Steph and Cass that I almost never forgive. I don't really hold out hope that Garage will have them, because editorial hates us, but I've really enjoyed the issues of Batman and Robin Eternal that Lanzig and Kelly wrote, so I hope I'll enjoy these issues!

I don't love the bombshell look, and might wait for TPBs before looking at the series, as I don't have room for a twice monthly at the moment.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

looks cool me thinks

Feels like an interesting contrast with the Burnside look, given it's using the traditional black and yellow colors (and is a little more justified being a jacket and pants look in my opinion).

I'm interested in seeing what Babs and Kara's sister dynamic might be like in the comic, since that feels like a sensible and cool relationship development .

I liked Bombshells initially and I enjoy the concepts but Bennet's writing just isn't for me. And now it's gonna tackle issues such as internment camps which I'm side eyeing a bit because I've been caustic about how she's approached other sensitive subject manner too...

I'm more into apocalyptic futures in comics more so than historical stuff they try to tackle. Gonna give Gotham City Garage a go. The interviews seem to make it very Mad Max like in themes. GCG seems very up my alley. And Barda is in it so I'm gonna definitely give this one for the long haul.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feels like an interesting contrast with the Burnside look, given it's using the traditional black and yellow colors (and is a little more justified being a jacket and pants look in my opinion).

I'm interested in seeing what Babs and Kara's sister dynamic might be like in the comic, since that feels like a sensible and cool relationship development .
    Agree. Kind of glad to see the yellow and black come back. It's very striking on this look.

They said something Barbara being dark or something so I wouldn't be shocked if she was the brooder of the two sisters.

Agree. Kind of glad to see the yellow and black come back. It's very striking on this look.

They said something Barbara being dark or something so I wouldn't be shocked if she was the brooder of the two sisters.
    I wouldn't be surprised if she comes off like Alex Danvers from the Supergirl TV show.