Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Gail's on board, if asked:

Attachment 62558
    isnt she the one who killed catwoman run

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    isnt she the one who killed catwoman run
    ????

Gail has never been involved with a Catwoman solo that I know of. Offhand, I can only think of a handful of times she's even written her.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

????

Gail has never been involved with a Catwoman solo that I know of. Offhand, I can only think of a handful of times she's even written her.
    I confused her with Ann

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Not that I expect it to happen, but before we get a Batgirl movie off and running, can we at least get her series running? It's just kind of limping around it seems. I know some didn't care for the initial six issues of the Rebirth run, but I actually enjoyed it more than anything else that's come along. It took Barbara out of Gotham and gave her a larger world view. It's fine to have a home base, I'm even fine with it being Burnside...but I would really like to see Batgirl exist more in the DC world. Even Robin get's to traipse around the globe occasionally. And I would definitely like to see stories with greater impact than who she is going to date this month.
    We can have a solid book that appeals to girls, guys and younger girls even as long as it is well written and drawn. I'm tired of being bored with Batgirl...

I'm still waiting for the day she gets a new costume...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still waiting for the day she gets a new costume...
    why she only had the burnside one for a few years

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    why she only had the burnside one for a few years
    And I am pretty much done with her hipster millennial cosplay outfit .

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/s...41265151500290

This is either going to be the most exciting thing to happen in 'Tec in many months or the biggest let down.
    I know I'm really salty about the way Steph is being treated right now, but I have good thoughts for this issue...

I know he has said he's wanted to do a "cop mentality vs soldier mentality" compare-and-contrast sort of story with both Babs and Kate, and this seems like the perfect time to do that.
    I don't know that he thinks of Batman as a cop - but I think you're probably right that his thinking going into this will be colored in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    We saw Tynion's Babs, it sucked. Characters like Babs and Dick need to be kept the hell away from Tynion. They're just fodder to him.
    I mean, I guess if you don't like Jason/Babs, it was bad. And I think it's really not true that Tynion thinks of any character as fodder.

It would be kind of interesting what approach she would take since it was said Whedon would be adapting the New 52 run.

I definitely think Tynion would write a Barbara that is more mature and fully-fledged in her identity and role in the family then we've been getting for a while.

I know you're thinking of the Eternals, but is there anything from that with Babs that Tynion had any direct involvement in?
    Oh, I'm definitely thinking he's going to treat her much more like Oracle, based on how she was in Eternal. As I say below, he didn't do the majority of writing on her arc in Eternal, but he was head writer, so I think he guided characterization.

He's said she's the only Batfamily member he's not written extensively, so probably not. Maybe. I dunno.
    Yeah, Tim Seeley wrote most of the Babs significant stuff in Batman Eternal (the Jason/Babs stuff particularly), but Tynion did several issues featuring her. But that was a weird spot - just as she was transitioning into Burnside.

Well, I'm already not looking forward to all the Robins being together (because that hardly ever ends well) but maybe Batgirl will be a bright spot there.
    Well, despite my very real frustration, anger, and sadness with the way Steph's arc has collapsed into a burning heap, I still think Tynion is a really good writer, and I think especially for an anniversary issue, it's going to be gold. I look at 950, and I think that's the level of care he's going to put into this.

And I am pretty much done with her hipster millennial cosplay outfit.
    That's because you haven't seen Alvaro Martinez draw it yet...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't know that he thinks of Batman as a cop - but I think you're probably right that his thinking going into this will be colored in that direction.
    Oh, I was meaning Barbara as the cop; she's definitely got a good understanding of that life.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Oh, I was meaning Barbara as the cop; she's definitely got a good understanding of that life.
    Oooooooh! That does make sense, with her dad...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I think Barbara's stance on killing would probably be pretty complicated.

I mean, she grew up around the police and understands their procedure and what they have to do in the line of duty, but the two biggest mentors in her life was one person who is absolutely against killing (Batman) and another who probably understands the need for lethal force but always does his utmost to avoid it and supports the Batfamily because they don't kill (Gordon).
    Oh, I'm definitely thinking he's going to treat her much more like Oracle, based on how she was in Eternal. As I say below, he didn't do the majority of writing on her arc in Eternal, but he was head writer, so I think he guided characterization.
    I'm not sure if he'll treat her like Oracle per se, but he will probably write a more mature and experienced Babs, and her interaction with Cass will probably have shades of their dynamic when Babs was Oracle.
    Well, despite my very real frustration, anger, and sadness with the way Steph's arc has collapsed into a burning heap, I still think Tynion is a really good writer, and I think especially for an anniversary issue, it's going to be gold. I look at 950, and I think that's the level of care he's going to put into this.
    Here's hoping .
    That's because you haven't seen Alvaro Martinez draw it yet...
    Well, if he can make it not seem like a cosplay outfit ...

BANNED

I know I'm really salty about the way Steph is being treated right now, but I have good thoughts for this issue...
    In addition to trying to enjoy the issue, I'm also gonna be keeping my eyes open for potential foreshadowing to support my delusions that March 19th isn't going to royally suck.

I look at 950, and I think that's the level of care he's going to put into this.
    Still easily the best issue of this run.

I think Barbara's stance on killing would probably be pretty complicated.

I mean, she grew up around the police and understands their procedure and what they have to do in the line of duty, but the two biggest mentors in her life was one person who is absolutely against killing (Batman) and another who probably understands the need for lethal force but always does his utmost to avoid it and supports the Batfamily because they don't kill (Gordon).
    That's pretty much what I was thinking.

Well, if he can make it not seem like a cosplay outfit ...
    I have hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    In addition to trying to enjoy the issue, I'm also gonna be keeping my eyes open for potential foreshadowing to support my delusions that March 19th isn't going to royally suck.

Still easily the best issue of this run.
    Not quite as good as Batman and Robin Eternal #13, but really excellent stuff. No coincidence about the art, too!

As for March 19th...yeah. I'm with you in hoping. But at this point, I'm just settling in to enjoy what I can get to the fullest, and it'll be like the summer of 2011. It's only the end if we want it to be.