Page 91 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1715
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

This extra-sized anniversary issue also offers a look at the next arc of the series by Mairghread Scott and Paul Pelletier as the monstrous villain Grotesque murders wealthy art owners and defiles their bodies to create his own “art.”

There's already a Grotesque in New 52 but he collects pretty things. The new one sounds more interesting.
    Batgirl_Vol_4_8.jpg

I like Mairghead Scott and I like Paul Pelletier, so I'm down to see them try their hand at Batgirl .

I'm also really looking forward to Paul Dini's story in issue #25.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    So just confirmed on twitter, but Larson is finishing her run on Batgirl.

Wonder who will be next up. Looking the solicits and it seems it's changing month to month. It will be interesting what track they'll decide to pursue.
    Larson's run has not been to my tastes. Really excited to see what the next writer can do with the book. I'm ready for one of my favorite characters to be in one of my favorite books again. It's been a long time since I really liked "Batgirl" and I hope this next writer kills it.

BANNED

Grotesque sounds like the Daredevil villain Muse. I haven't bothered with a Babsgirl book on an ongoing basis since the Future's End one shot so maybe I'll give it a chance. Getting 25 for Dick anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Larson's run has not been to my tastes. Really excited to see what the next writer can do with the book. I'm ready for one of my favorite characters to be in one of my favorite books again. It's been a long time since I really liked "Batgirl" and I hope this next writer kills it.
    Has it actually been announced anywhere (either by DC or Larson) that she's definitely done writing Batgirl, or are people just assuming it because she's not writing the next several issues?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Has it actually been announced anywhere (either by DC or Larson) that she's definitely done writing Batgirl, or are people just assuming it because she's not writing the next several issues?
    She's confirmed it on her own twitter.

She's confirmed it on her own twitter.
    Do you have a link?

(I don't normally twit, especially since the BotUS seems to do so excessively.)

BANNED

Do you have a link?

(I don't normally twit, especially since the BotUS seems to do so excessively.)
    https://twitter.com/hopelarson/statu...56376350560257

Thanks.
    Sorry to say that I've finished my run on Batgirl! There are a couple more issues still to come, . . .
    So, by "a couple more", I'm assuming she means #22 (on sale April 25th) and #23 (May 23rd).
    Note sure if I'll bother with any issues after #23 yet; last time I hung around for a book to give the new writer a shot was after Rucka's Wonder Woman run was over and then the beginning of the Robinson mess starring Jason! (with special guest appearances by Wonder Woman).

God, was that a mistake!

Grey Griffin mentions Tara Strong playing Batgirl in the upcoming Lauren Faust DC Super Hero Girls cartoon at around the 2:50 mark.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Thanks.So, by "a couple more", I'm assuming she means #22 (on sale April 25th) and #23 (May 23rd).
    Note sure if I'll bother with any issues after #23 yet; last time I hung around for a book to give the new writer a shot was after Rucka's Wonder Woman run was over and then the beginning of the Robinson mess starring Jason! (with special guest appearances by Wonder Woman).

God, was that a mistake!
    Yeah, it does sound that way. I'm surprised they didn't at least have her do a short story for 25, but it sounds a lot like she really wants to go in a different direction right now, after two years on Babs.

(And I was fortunate enough to just jump ship immediately after Rucka left. I have NOT regretted that choice one bit. )
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

https://batman-news.com/2018/04/18/h...-prey-scripts/

So this is the first time any Batgirl news has mentioned Babs by name, I mean I think it was obvious they were gonna use her but this just somewhat confirmed it.

But man it sounds like it's more a Gotham City Sirens movie more so than BoP. I mean it sounds like the relationship between Babs and Harley is gonna be the "heart" of the film so to speak. I mean it sounds like they're aiming for a trio. No Black Canary maybe which I will riot over.

If the rumor about Joker being the villain for the movie is true, I can see a valid reason for Babs to team up with Harley without hindering her good guy status.

All just rumors at this point but I find it interesting.

Spectacular Member

https://batman-news.com/2018/04/18/h...-prey-scripts/

So this is the first time any Batgirl news has mentioned Babs by name, I mean I think it was obvious they were gonna use her but this just somewhat confirmed it.

But man it sounds like it's more a Gotham City Sirens movie more so than BoP.
    The Wrap say the project is currently called the ‘Untitled Girl Gang Movie’ at WB.
    So, maybe it will be Gotham City Sirens, or Birds of Prey, or something else.

So happy WB/DC is leaning into the female superheroes. After the success of Wonder Woman, it is their best possible lane. And with the success of DC Superhero Girls, these certainly very loosely connected films could not only attract the very substantial comic book movie crowd, but- without being kid’s films- attract an unexploited audience that has made Disney princesses a movie and merchandising goldmine for decades.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batgirl #23 by Joshua Middleton
    DbttwifXcAAUNLr.jpg

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Batgirl #23 by Joshua Middleton
    DbttwifXcAAUNLr.jpg
    That is a pretty cool image!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord