Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backup Copies

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I made a lengthy post about this slippery slope in another thread, but I'll try to keep it concise here. My problem started several years ago with wanting a second copy of Wonder Woman #72 when I realized A.) mine was looking a little haggard and B.) it was suddenly creeping up in price everywhere I looked. So I tracked down a second copy. Then a third... fast forward a few years and I have both reading copies and NM back-up copies of approximately 300 of my favorite issues.

However I've yet to buy a second copy of a trade or hardcover. I think the reason floppy is the only format I'll double up on is because it's the most fragile, and likely to disintegrate...
    I think about 500+ copies of my books are spares.

A few paid off quite nicely recently. I remember getting a great deal on the first 5 issues of Preacher...about $20 or so in NM condition, a few months before the prices began to climb. I got $400 for them just before Christmas.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

The only time I double dip is when I'm at a random bookstore and I pick up some trades without knowing that I already own them. I just give them away to my friends most of the time. As for floppies, I quit singles a year or so ago so in the midst of a couple of good runs that I'm interested in (Batman Eternal, Forever Evil, Superman Unchained etc) I never finished reading in floppies so I intend to get the hardcovers soon.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..