Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Gunn Clarifies Drax's Gamora Insult And More During "Guardians" Commentary

The "Guardians of the Galaxy" director revealed which character nearly died and which villain will be back for more during a Facebook Q&A.

Full article here.

Incredible Member

I didn't realize the "whore" joke was such a big deal. I remember one guy here being offended by it but I didn't realize so many others had a problem with it. Interesting that Gunn had an explanation on tap. Can anyone verify that Drax heard another prisoner call Gamora a whore?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    I didn't realize the "whore" joke was such a big deal. I remember one guy here being offended by it but I didn't realize so many others had a problem with it. Interesting that Gunn had an explanation on tap. Can anyone verify that Drax heard another prisoner call Gamora a whore?
    I honestly don't mind it either. Geesh, too much "control" these days. Its just a joke.

And I think so, I may be wrong....

All-New Member

"On whether or not we see Adam Warlock's cocoon: It's not Adam's cocoon"

He said it was... maybe he's joking and then he'll be like: "It's The Collector's cocoon" . Ugh, unless now he decided it's an inhuman cocoon which would make no sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Teysa View Post
    "On whether or not we see Adam Warlock's cocoon: It's not Adam's cocoon"

He said it was... maybe he's joking and then he'll be like: "It's The Collector's cocoon" . Ugh, unless now he decided it's an inhuman cocoon which would make no sense...
    Naw, I'm going to call this one as "It's not Adam's cocoon—it's the Magus's cocoon." I'm seriously expecting Warlock to be Quill's dad (the whole "he looked like an angel" thing especially), with Magus as the "dad" the Ravagers were supposed to take him to. It's such an epic story (in my opinion the apex of Starlin's writing) that I wouldn't be surprised to see the GOTG sequel centered on it.

What was the Jackson Pollock line? I only saw the movie once when it first premiered, and I don't remember it.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

I will never understand how people went apeshit for this shitty movie.

A single issue of DnAs comic was more entertaining.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    I will never understand how people went apeshit for this shitty movie.

A single issue of DnAs comic was more entertaining.
    Yeah, who wants fun, engaging, witty, and visually spectacular movies nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    I don't know if it was actually said during the scene where the prisoners corner her (I'm willing to say yes), but it could also be part of a deleted scene as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I honestly don't mind it either. Geesh, too much "control" these days. Its just a joke.

And I think so, I may be wrong....
    I take it as a joke from the writers but sincere on Drax's part. After all, the movie made it clear that he and his people speak first and think later, and he's only known her for a short while.

Additionally, yes, it's a throwaway line that got laughs, but I think it says (albeit very unintentionally) something about how quick we are to say something but mean something else entirely -- after all, he stood up for Gamora and shot Nebula with their BFG soon after that line, saying "Nobody talks like that to my friends." And I don't blame Gamora for getting angry, too, since language is how we build our understanding of reality.

(on a side note, everybody talks about how great Groot is, and sure. But I think Drax is really underrated in the movie)

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10nate View Post
    What was the Jackson Pollock line? I only saw the movie once when it first premiered, and I don't remember it.
    Essentially how, if you shined a blacklight on the inside of the Milano, it would look like a Pollock painting. Because, y'know, he's lived in it alone for so long.
    Last edited by Cyke; 01-23-2015 at 01:02 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10nate View Post
    Gamora: And by the way... Your ship is filthy.
    Peter Quill: Filthy? She has no idea. If we had a blacklight, it would look like a Jackson Pollock painting.

Astonishing Member

It's the internet, you can find people who are offended by everything.

BANNED

That part about Rocket blowing up Yondu's ship at the end is too awesome for words. Imagine Yondu opening up the orb, and instead of the troll, its a bomb, then BOOM! Yondu dies. I wish that would have been part of the final script.

Amazing Member

Honestly. I agree with the above dude. It's in my least three favorite Marvel movies. It's fun at times but feels more like a draft that was shot. I do own it and I do rewatch it. The last 20 minutes that become a CG slop fest are a bit of a bore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Yeah, who wants fun, engaging, witty, and visually spectacular movies nowadays?
    All four of those things are up for debate. Fun? Eh.

Engaging? I didn't feel attached to any of the main five characters at any point. Well, when Star-Lord's mother died I did but the next time we saw him, he was singing and dancing, which killed any emotion from that scene. It didn't come up again until it was shoehorned in at the end of the film, with Star-Lord opening his gift for no reason when all the interest he'd shown in the previous 90 minutes was saying "don't touch that!" to Rocket and telling Gamora about the tape.

Witty? As if. Typical nonsensical Hollywood one-liner twaddle, with bland characters snarking at each other to make up for a lack of personality and character development.

Visually spectacular? I would agree with this one if changing from letterbox mode to full screen every fifteen minutes didn't take me out of the movie. Why have the annoying black bars if it can look so much better?

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    It's the internet, you can find people who are offended by everything.
    Translation: "If it doesn't offend me personally, then it's not worth talking about. Let's dismiss it/why can't you get over it."