Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

"On whether or not we see Adam Warlock's cocoon: It's not Adam's cocoon"

Maybe, as an above commenter said, it's Magnus.

When Warlock was first introduced, he had no proper name. Maybe Gunn's being coy, and it's "Him".

There was also a female at one point, called "Her". Maybe it's "Her".

In any event, if that cocoon is used again, I would think that it must be something like one of the above 3. The only other cocoon-related Marvel thing I can think of is Jean Grey (her first return in FF & X-Men, leading into X-Factor #1, so many years ago).

As I'm writing, I'm thinking Vance Astro would be a good one. It brings a new GotG character into the mix, and Vance's intro would mirror Cap's first comic book Silver Age appearance, which would be cool.

Or it could be Don Ameche.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Translation: "If it doesn't offend me personally, then it's not worth talking about. Let's dismiss it/why can't you get over it."
    If you don't care about something you have no obligation to do so, no matter what the Internet tells you. Especially if it's people being offended because they have no sense of humor. I really don't get why people seem to think they have a right not to be offended; people have the right to be offended and not support what they don't like. Seriously.

Anyway, on topic; I agree about the Magus being the one whose cocoon that was. It's just too good a hook for the next movie that the villain and father are the same person but two different characters. It's juicy in a Vader kind of way.

BANNED

I would rather it not be either Warlock or Magus. Much as I loved this movie, I'm not thrilled with the thought of Warlock being part of a comedy.

Ultimate Member

The whore comment bugged me a little bit since they had just gone on and on about how Drax's people are completely literal, so he wasn't just insulting Gamora, but actually believes that she is a prostitute, which doesn't make sense within the context of the movie, since *everyone* seems to know that Gamora is an assassin for Thanos, not a space-hooker (and Drax is introduced as knowing all about Gamora!).

I could give a rat's butt about political correctness, in this case, it's just the wrong line for that character. If Rocket had said it, it'd be obnoxious on his part, but not flat out wrong, based on the information we'd just been given about Drax's inability to even understand metaphor, let alone use it. He *literally* couldn't call someone a whore as an insult, only if he actually believed they were a prostitute (in which case, it wouldn't even be an insult, just a statement of fact, as 'insulting' to him as if he called them a baker or a security guard).

Still, the Jackson Pollack line was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    That part about Rocket blowing up Yondu's ship at the end is too awesome for words. Imagine Yondu opening up the orb, and instead of the troll, its a bomb, then BOOM! Yondu dies. I wish that would have been part of the final script.
    Agreed. Not to mention that it would've been a huge dose of karma for Yondu.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Translation: "If it doesn't offend me personally, then it's not worth talking about. Let's dismiss it/why can't you get over it."
    Well, not necessarily. LOTS of things offend me, but certain things that offend others do not.

And, it is, to a degree, a true statement, not necessarily dismissing the thing of it, though I personally dislike the prevalence of the word in question, especially the other terms, like S, H and so on, when I actually think ment and women, who seem to be the main sufferers in the comedies I've consumed and so on, should be able to sleep with whoever, long as it's A. Age of consent. B. Consensual. C. Not in any way adultery, post loss of partner etc.

Shouldn't shame people for sex, or sleeping around, or dressing a certain way etc. Is their right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    I will never understand how people went apeshit for this shitty movie.

A single issue of DnAs comic was more entertaining.
    100% bullshit, DnA comic were pure crap and deserved to be cancelled (whatever the opinion of DnA fanboys).

in other hand the Guardians movie is amazing, loved by the critics and the publics, and is one of the biggest box office of the year (and it's a real for pleasure to have a movie very close to the Giffen "Annihilation" stuff).
    Last edited by Bolo; 01-25-2015 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Yeah, who wants fun, engaging, witty, and visually spectacular movies nowadays?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Ah, to each their own, Guy1. A lot love that, but I would still have worried solely three words would limit it - even withe right director, actor etc.

Sure there's other superhero, or team, films, you prefer, be they X-Men, Suicide Squad, SECRET/SINISTER SIX!, Defenders show, Avengers, X-FORCE!, etc.

Always something out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Ah, to each their own, Guy1. A lot love that, but I would still have worried solely three words would limit it - even withe right director, actor etc.

Sure there's other superhero, or team, films, you prefer, be they X-Men, Suicide Squad, SECRET/SINISTER SIX!, Defenders show, Avengers, X-FORCE!, etc.

Always something out there.
    Hey, I never said I didn't like Groot. I thought the film was average and I didn't like the dance scene, but I loved Groot and Rocket.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Hey, I never said I didn't like Groot. I thought the film was average and I didn't like the dance scene, but I loved Groot and Rocket.
    Ah, that's good, I'm glad to hear it. But if you didn't, that'd be okay - I'd just, amble over, to Magneto, then

You...are...GROOT!?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Ah, that's good, I'm glad to hear it. But if you didn't, that'd be okay - I'd just, amble over, to Magneto, then

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

YEAAH!!! He'd stop your unhealthy hate with Groot and Rocket!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amibo_Amore View Post
    Agreed. Not to mention that it would've been a huge dose of karma for Yondu.
    "BLAM! MURDERED YOU!"

Now, If only Rocket would have said that after killing somebody. That would be awesome.

Well, if it was Adam, then we could probably scratch off another Infinity Stone if he already has the Soul Stone...