Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Silk #1

This February, straight from the pages of Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Verse comes a brand new ongoing series starring the newest heroine of the Marvel Universe. Today, Marvel is proud to present your first look at SILK #1, the new series writer Robbie Thompson (writer for TV's Supernatural) and rising star artist Stacey Lee!
    Cindy Moon exploded out of her bunker and into the Marvel Universe in the pages of Amazing Spideer-Man and she never looked back. Bit by the same radioactive spider that gave Peter Parker his powers on that fateful day, she's spent her years locked away in a bunker, safe from the threat of Morlun and the Inheritors. Since then, she's saved Peter Parker's life (more than once), fought alongside Spider-Woman, braved the Spider-Verse and more!
    Now, Cindy is back in New York City, patrolling it's rooftops as SILK! And she's going to make up for lost time. Searching for her past, defining her own future, and webbing wrong-doers along the way. Now is your chance to hop on board one of the slickest new launches of 2015 as SILK #1 swings in to comic shops this February!

Full preview here.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

That's some great art.

Thompson has written written quite a few Supernatural episodes that I've enjoyed and the art looks nice so far so I'm excited.

I was thinking about this until i saw the horrid art, so im not so sure im getting it now!

Yeah the art is not what I expected but I will be picking this up and see how it is before passing judgement maybe the writing will be good and who knows after a few issues a better artist might be on this title.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Looks great.

Was "Meh" on this given the Spiderwoman #1 mediocre showing but this looks great, and a 2.99 price point? Yes please.

This looks great. The art reminds me very much of Mike Oeming. My only concern about jumping on any new #1 and new starting book is what's going to happen to it after Secret Wars? Is the book going away, or will it be drastically different. Especially considering Petere is supposed to be married and have a kid with MJ on the back side of SW, so having him and Silk jump each other would have far greater consequences than it does now with single Peter.
    Writer of Lore and Legends for Mice Templar.

The art's really turning me off. Reminds me of a coloring book or what you'd expect in an all-ages book. However, it's not as bad as Silver Surfer.

Lol @ the art criticisms. If anything, it's the art that is making this thing unique and pleading a case for its existence.

Really looking forward to this. I find myself liking Cindy Moon a lot more than Peter Parker. I still like Spider-Man, but I just think he's stagnated a lot in recent years. Cindy Moon is sort of a clean slate. She has had time to get that messed up yet. So I look forward to seeing what comes of her.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Cindy Moon exploded out of her bunker and into the Marvel Universe in the pages of Amazing Spideer-Man and she never looked back.
    Full preview here.
    I had not encountered Cindy prior to Spiderverse, and my knowledge of her has been limited to Amazing Spider-Man #9, and the three SpiderWoman issues. I had heard that she was not considered too favourably as a character, but I like what I have seen. Yes, she is naive and inexperienced, but she is also brave and resourceful.

I think the art suits her character. It looks playful, yet with nice depth and bittersweet emotion on display in the rooftop scene with Peter.

I shall definitely be giving her solo book a shot.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

I really dig that art.

Also, I love it when we see Peter eating in-costume. It reinforces him as the everyman hero who does everyday stuff. Seriously, can you envision Batman eating in costume?

Well Batman doesn't eat so........

But this series looks interesting, but it's kinda weird how Slott set-up Silk and is letting someone else tell her story.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    But this series looks interesting, but it's kinda weird how Slott set-up Silk and is letting someone else tell her story.
    He suggested the idea of Spider-Gwen too and then let someone else write it. One man can only do so much.