Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Extraordinary Member

SPIDER-MAN: INDIA #1 (OF 4)

NIKESH SHUKLA (W) • ABHISHEK MALSUNI (A) • Cover by ADAM KUBERT

Variant Cover by SUMIT KUMAR • WINDOWSHADES Variant Cover by TOM REILLY

Variant Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR • VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO

HEADSHOT VARIANT COVER BY TODD NAUCK • ANIMATION VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE

SPIDER-MAN: INDIA RETURNS!

Just in time for his big role on the silver screen, Spider-Man: India returns for his first miniseries in almost twenty years! Pavitr Prabhakar is back, fresh from “The End of the Spider-Verse” in his own universe’s Mumbai. But things aren’t exactly simple. There’s a science professor promising results, activating people’s “lizard brain” along with a ruthless businessman who may be more than he seems… Don’t miss the break-out Spider-Character of 2023!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

https://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-co..._medium=social

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Indian origin is fallacy. Either you are Indian who has Indian citizenship or you are not Indian but an American or British or whatever counntry you are. I eyeroll every time Kamala is called a Pakistani superhero too. You give proper representation instead of trying to take shortcut

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    X-treme X-Men had a few new characters from India in it.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Neal_Shaara_(Earth-616) is from Calcutta.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Karim...ar_(Earth-616) is also from India and at one point was helping Neal Shaara investigate his brother's kidnapping(by Bastion).
    Thunderbird was not only the first Indian X-Man but also the first super hero with a foot fetish.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1659250101632499732
    Pavitr Prabhakar is Spider-Man India. #SpiderVerse
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Not sure if it's been mentioned before in this long thread, but technically all "gypsy" characters are actually of Indian ancestry. Doctor Doom, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Magneto, all of Indian ancestry.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Indian origin is fallacy. Either you are Indian who has Indian citizenship or you are not Indian but an American or British or whatever counntry you are. I eyeroll every time Kamala is called a Pakistani superhero too. You give proper representation instead of trying to take shortcut
    I think this would depend on how it is defined. If an Indian-American were to acknowledge and embrace his/her ethnic roots, speak the native language at home, and refer to one's self as both Indian and American in conversation. then that person could be called an Indian too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned before in this long thread, but technically all "gypsy" characters are actually of Indian ancestry. Doctor Doom, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Magneto, all of Indian ancestry.
    Now that you mention it… good point.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Has anyone mentioned Grid from the Inhumans?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Magneto himself isn’t.

Topaz the witch, was retroactively made Indian, which fits because her origin took place in India.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Has anyone mentioned Grid from the Inhumans?
    Everyone probably forgot him. Because, as you know, he was an Inhuman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Visionary/Meena Bannerjee, a completely different young Indian mutant woman than Timeslip/Rina Patel, but also with timey-wimey powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Visionary/Meena Bannerjee, a completely different young Indian mutant woman than Timeslip/Rina Patel, but also with timey-wimey powers.
    Ah, one of the paperback novel characters. Pity that book was never illustrated.