Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member

Default It's strange to me that the Marvel Universe has no superheros of Indian origin.

India represents a full fifth of the world's population. The Marvel U has literally hundreds of superheros and yet it doesn't have a single hero of Indian origins, how is that even possible?

I would love to see an ongoing headlined by a hindu or buddist superhero that grew up in India.

They could make him a doctor along the lines of Doctor Strange but older and wiser, or a brilliant engineer CEO with a spiritual side sort of like a mash up between Tony Stark and Satya Nadella.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
    The Public Domain Superheroes Wiki entry on Mowgli (from "The Jungle Book") has a category tag at the bottom that says "Marvel Characters". So, Marvel did have a comic version of him.
    I do not want someone like Mowgli. Make them educated, since education is so highly valued in India, a science illiterate hero would not be looked up to by Indians imho. They dont need have a degree, but they shouldnt be science illiterate with their powers consisting of jumping high and being strong, like Mowgli would be.

Edit: Upon research, I found multiple minor indian characters in the comics, none major enough to get their own movie yet unfortunately, but hopefully one will get their own ongoing series in paper, and can make it onto film in the next decade or so.

I would love to hear ideas for which character you think should eventually headline the first MCU film featuring an Indian actor. And what is it about their characters/stories that you think would make for a compelling story.

My pick would be Trinary... https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Trinary_(Earth-616)

The reason I find Trinary so compelling as a character is that her motivation is all about creating a more equitable world by essentially achieving Universal Basic Income (in Robinhood sort of way), by force if neccesary. It's a fantastic character arc, but sadly, precisely because of the fear that corporations like Disney probably have towards UBI, I am sure Trinary will never make it into the MCU.

Alternatively, it would be amazing if Dr. Strange's eventual successor is Indian. The Ancient One really should have been a south asian actor, since the movie takes place there and adopts so much of their cultural beliefs.
    Last edited by Wikoogle; 07-20-2021 at 07:10 AM.