Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Default UNCANNY AVENGERS returns by Gerry Duggan & Javier Garron!

Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Duggan writing Uncanny Avengers again? Two team books? How much will they coordinate? Will he end up dropping main X-Men?

So I guess this is Uncanny Avengers by way of the X-Office compared to the previous volumes. Which is especially obvious in the roster. I mean, the only noticeable Avengers are Cap and Quicksilver and even Quicksilver is more associated with the X-Men than his sister because of X-Factor. I'm surprised Duggan didn't bring Synapse back (though I guess we're just ignoring Inhumans as much as we possibly can).

Duggan writing a married Rogue on the same team as Deadpool tho...

Astonishing Member

Considering this line-up is really close to Gerry Duggan previous Uncanny Avengers run would have been nice to have had Synapse on the team. Give fans of the Inhumans a character but she is in more the Avengers corner so it makes sense for her to be on earth not their planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Considering this line-up is really close to Gerry Duggan previous Uncanny Avengers run would have been nice to have had Synapse on the team. Give fans of the Inhumans a character but she is in more the Avengers corner so it makes sense for her to be on earth not their planet.
    I’ll buy it for psylocke, but why is Deadpool still a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Well it makes sense that Synapse isn’t here since this team is basically back to the original team’s mission statement of being about unity between humankind and mutantkind. The Inhumans aren’t really a widespread thing anymore after Death of the Inhumans so they’ve kinda fallen out of being a major faction.

I wouldn’t mind Crystal rejoining the book. Team needs some heavy firepower. Plus you’ve got Quicksilver there, and that situation that’s just ripe for the drama.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well it makes sense that Synapse isn’t here since this team is basically back to the original team’s mission statement of being about unity between humankind and mutantkind. The Inhumans aren’t really a widespread thing anymore after Death of the Inhumans so they’ve kinda fallen out of being a major faction.
    But as I put she is more in the Avengers corner. She was created for an Avengers book, and didn't live in any of the Inhuman Kingdoms.

While I alike the addition of Psylocke, I feel her time as an assassin makes her not quite Avengers material. Same with Deadpool, but I don’t like him at all lol.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Duggan writing Uncanny Avengers again? Two team books? How much will they coordinate? Will he end up dropping main X-Men?

So I guess this is Uncanny Avengers by way of the X-Office compared to the previous volumes. Which is especially obvious in the roster. I mean, the only noticeable Avengers are Cap and Quicksilver and even Quicksilver is more associated with the X-Men than his sister because of X-Factor. I'm surprised Duggan didn't bring Synapse back (though I guess we're just ignoring Inhumans as much as we possibly can).

Duggan writing a married Rogue on the same team as Deadpool tho...
    He's still on X-Men, per his twitter. But I could see him bailing come next Hellfire Gala

Anyway, Garron freed from Aaron jail woooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    While I alike the addition of Psylocke, I feel her time as an assassin makes her not quite Avengers material. Same with Deadpool, but I don’t like him at all lol.
    I personally don't see a problem with it just like there is none with Black Widow. Kwannon is absolutely professional. I would say she is the most disciplined member of this team along with Cap. Wouldn't surprise me if she ends up second in command.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Duggan is mediocre on X-Men but was great on Uncanny Avengers. I’m definitely in!

I’d like to have both Synapse AND Crystal in this team.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Same old farts, plus Monet who will probably be the first to be kicked at the next roster change.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I'm in, I mean obviously.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    He's still on X-Men, per his twitter. But I could see him bailing come next Hellfire Gala

Anyway, Garron freed from Aaron jail woooooooooooo
    JDW said prior to the election "Gerry would already like to know who he's writing" so hes staying on through the next Gala

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I personally don't see a problem with it just like there is none with Black Widow. Kwannon is absolutely professional. I would say she is the most disciplined member of this team along with Cap. Wouldn't surprise me if she ends up second in command.
    When Rogue is there? The leader of the previous team?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman