Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Marvel shouldn't have to "pander to diversity" to prove how "tolerant" they are, but they do have to pander to white males because that's the demographic they've decided to pander too...

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post
    Marvel shouldn't have to "pander to diversity" to prove how "tolerant" they are, but they do have to pander to white males because that's the demographic they've decided to pander too...
    Or maybe majority of companies should realize that there is a massive market out there ripe for the picking and that white men aren't the only people in existence?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Or maybe majority of companies should realize that there is a massive market out there ripe for the picking and that white men aren't the only people in existence?
    political correctness! forced diversity! arg!

I honestly have no idea if you're a parody account or not heisennerd

BANNED

I just hate whining over political correctness & diversity as if those are bad things

the parts you probably didn't understand were sarcasm

Oh good! I was concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post
    As a white guy I'd rather see more diversity in comics, than more str8, white males. So YES PLEASE pander to me Marvel... and give me my damn diversity!!!

comics have a more diverse cast than ever right now and i can only see the trend keep going on strong.
    it takes time..most writers write about white males because they..are white males..and it's based in america since..most writers are american.
    people will usually write about the environment they grew up in, the experiences of the people met. what they're familiar with.

as much as i want diversity in comics too, the last thing i want is a writer to mess up a character from a background they're not familiar with.
    a sushi chef messing up thai food because he wants to diversify his menu will only leave a bad feeling in your tummy.
    a writer who messes up a character leaves a worse feeling
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I'd be completely game for a Sadhu-like take on Doctor Strange, especially since Gotham Chopra's same titled comic kind of immolated during that second arc.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    comics have a more diverse cast than ever right now and i can only see the trend keep going on strong.
    it takes time..most writers write about white males because they..are white males..and it's based in america since..most writers are american.
    people will usually write about the environment they grew up in, the experiences of the people met. what they're familiar with.

as much as i want diversity in comics too, the last thing i want is a writer to mess up a character from a background they're not familiar with.
    a sushi chef messing up thai food because he wants to diversify his menu will only leave a bad feeling in your tummy.
    a writer who messes up a character leaves a worse feeling
    Good point.

These topics that start out by saying: "Marvel doesn't have ANY characters of...."

Bother me.

Example/FACTS are given that contradict that, but are then ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    These topics that start out by saying: "Marvel doesn't have ANY characters of...."

Bother me.

Example/FACTS are given that contradict that, but are then ignored.
    Who is ignoring them? The OP acknowledged they forgot those examples; then the conversation evolved.

Amazing Member

No one mentioned Mohinder

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jiazhouhuaqiao View Post
    No one mentioned Mohinder
    From Heroes?

He's not a Marvel character.

That's why he wasn't mentioned ( unless there's another Mohinder).

Quote Originally Posted by Orb View Post
    Neal shaara- Thunderbird was a member of Xmen and Omega Sentinel
    I remember reading that Chris Clairemont when he created this character he wanted to use a mythical Indian name but Joe Q and the marvel powers that be thought readers were too backward-non worldly-ignorant people.

I wish they could reintroduce Neal back to the X-Men with a better name. or a mythical indian name. The world and the Marvel readership is much more multicultural than they realize - ignorant Marvel bias.