Page 283 of 693 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I hate to tell you this man but based on your feelings about Joker, I think you’d hate whatever they did with Luthor because I almost guarantee it would be an American Psycho ripoff
    Dude, I don't hate unnoficial remakes (just the laziness of the Joker film). And the mere fact that Luthor wouldn't end with the "twist mystery" of "was it all false? Debate!" already makes it better than the Joker (actually, American Psycho pulled that off really well, Joker did not).

An American Psycho rip off with Luthor as the protagonist has a lot of potential because of the dynamic between Luthor and Superman. Heck, Superman doesn't even have to appear as anything other than a silent silhouette, but the obsession Luthor would have with being the greatest mortal in a world with a "cowardly arrogant unworthy god" is already a pretty unique thing to bring onto the framework of American Psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Dude, I don't hate unnoficial remakes (just the laziness of the Joker film). And the mere fact that Luthor wouldn't end with the "twist mystery" of "was it all false? Debate!" already makes it better than the Joker (actually, American Psycho pulled that off really well, Joker did not).

An American Psycho rip off with Luthor as the protagonist has a lot of potential because of the dynamic between Luthor and Superman. Heck, Superman doesn't even have to appear as anything other than a silent silhouette, but the obsession Luthor would have with being the greatest mortal in a world with a "cowardly arrogant unworthy god" is already a pretty unique thing to bring onto the framework of American Psycho.
    What makes Joker lazy versus other remakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What makes Joker lazy versus other remakes?
    You really want me to go into why I say Joker is a lazy movie? I mean, I can, but do you really care to read about it? I'm not being sarcastic, just figured you would find it annoying.

I certainly would love to see a Lex movie that draws on American Psycho
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

You really want me to go into why I say Joker is a lazy movie? I mean, I can, but do you really care to read about it? I'm not being sarcastic, just figured you would find it annoying.
    Eh, nah. I'm getting at that point in the evening where I don't wanna make big debate posts.

Eh, nah. I'm getting at that point in the evening where I don't wanna make big debate posts.
    Yeah I figured it wouldn't really be interesting to discuss it. But if you do want me to tell you, I have it locked away and ready to release any day you want to read it.

Yeah I figured it wouldn't really be interesting to discuss it. But if you do want me to tell you, I have it locked away and ready to release any day you want to read it.
    So it's basically your version of my multi-paged Godzilla series treatment (I need to find that harddrive and update it...).

So knowing you don't like my favorite DC movie of the last decade, curious which one is your favorite?

I'd only want a Luthor movie if it actually acknowledged Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd only want a Luthor movie if it actually acknowledged Superman.
    I don't see why not - Joker acknowledged Batman after all.

So knowing you don't like my favorite DC movie of the last decade, curious which one is your favorite?
    I don't really have favorite DC movie of the decade. I liked various aspects of various movies.

I don't really have favorite DC movie of the decade. I liked various aspects of various movies.
    I can see that. The DCEU movies have been very mixed, so that kind of lends itself more to liking some stuff than a whole movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I wish they made an Icon movie, or do a reboot of Steel. I don’t need Clark changed.
    I assume thats on the way, I hope they don't have to renegotiate the rights when it comes to adaptations.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Where would you place the character himself among supervillains, Alpha? #100? #1,000? #1,000,000?

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I like the character of the joker. It has nothing to do with my distaste for the movie.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I like the character of the joker. It has nothing to do with my distaste for the movie.
    Well, that's fair. My father loves the Joker himself, yet wasn't a fan of the movie at all.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?