Page 326 of 695 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 10425

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Like I said, I don't mind these shows being what they are. They are for kids. We are not the target audience for it and DC needs a new generation to fall in love with their characters in order to keep their universe going.
    Agreed - also why I approve of that Webtoons deal too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep basically where I fall ultimately. Would be cool to get an Aquaman cartoon that appealed to me alongside appealing to kids, but they need to get the next generation invested in Aquaman over convincing adults he’s cool.
    Will something like this really get people invested in Aquaman though...?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Will something like this really get people invested in Aquaman though...?
    Who knows man? But kids love Teen Titans Go! and it’s doing a better job of building the next generation of Titans fans, something DC has utterly failed to do in the comics. I’ve seen loads of hate for the Titans HBO Max show but it’s huge numbers wise. You can’t always garage what’s popular by the Internet.

If kids love the show that’s good enough for me. Steve Universe and Gumball and other shows that have zero appeal to me have found their fanbases, perhaps this will also.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Who knows man? But kids love Teen Titans Go! and it’s doing a better job of building the next generation of Titans fans, something DC has utterly failed to do in the comics. I’ve seen loads of hate for the Titans HBO Max show but it’s huge numbers wise. You can’t always garage what’s popular by the Internet.

If kids love the show that’s good enough for me. Steve Universe and Gumball and other shows that have zero appeal to me have found their fanbases, perhaps this will also.
    Yeah, I guess, but even TTG! is just building off an appeal that was already there thanks to the 2003 cartoon in my opinion, which for all it's humor and anime-esque style was still a relatively straightforward Superhero show.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I'm a pothead. So i might like this lol.
    "Fresh air is the best therapy."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I guess, but even TTG! is just building off an appeal that was already there thanks to the 2003 cartoon in my opinion, which for all it's humor and anime-esque style was still a relatively straightforward Superhero show.
    There are no kids from 2003 anymore. Those kids are grown. At this point TTG has its own audience.

Astonishing Member

Can't remember when this "style" of animation started to get popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    There are no kids from 2003 anymore. Those kids are grown. At this point TTG has its own audience.
    I know but TTG! still draws a lot from the 2003 incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I'm a pothead. So i might like this lol.
    You are not alone.

I'll never forget in the middle of a press conference in the NBA Finals, Lebron James said he was up late with his kids watching Teen Titans GO!. A year later or something he made a apperance in the show.

Kids who watched the 2003 version may not liked, but TTGO! is much more successful than the original run, with even two movies of it's own to show for.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Video games killed off the pure action cartoons because kids can get their action fix met much better with games than cartoons. That’s why more comedic shows took over. That’s also why it’s important for DC to start making games with their other characters, because video games reach an even wider audience than cartoons do now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Video games killed off the pure action cartoons because kids can get their action fix met much better with games than cartoons. That’s why more comedic shows took over. That’s also why it’s important for DC to start making games with their other characters, because video games reach an even wider audience than cartoons do now.
    It seems like they're trying to give action cartoons another shot with Batman and Superman, so we'll see if that goes anywhere.

They really should have given JLA a better chance than they did.

It also has a lot to do with action figures. Shows like He-Man and Transformers were made around their action figures. This was a big reason why the Green Lantern show and Young Justice were cancelled. The toy company lost a lot of money from the poor sales.

Green Lantern: The Animated Series, Young Justice: Cancelled Because of Toy Sales

According to Bruce Timm, the co-developer of the Green Lantern series, the Ryan Reynolds feature film hurt his show.

He recently noted that retailers were stuck with a lot of film merchandise that they couldn’t sell. They were reluctant, and in some cases refused, to take on more Green Lantern merchandise.

In general kids don’t play with action figures anymore. They would much rather play video games. So “action” cartoons aren’t as profitable. It’s a big reason why we’ve seen so many more comedy cartoons which are cheaper to make.

Astonishing Member

Regarding action figures, maybe it's just me, but I forgot when the last time I saw kids playing with them. And quite opposite, I know a bunch of people in their mid-twenties and older, who buys them for collections, put them on the shelf and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Regarding action figures, maybe it's just me, but I forgot when the last time I saw kids playing with them. And quite opposite, I know a bunch of people in their mid-twenties and older, who buys them for collections, put them on the shelf and so on.
    Although they keep making them so you have to imagine there's still some market for them...