Page 663 of 693 FirstFirst ... 163563613653659660661662663664665666667673 ... LastLast
Results 9,931 to 9,945 of 10395

All of the Leaguers except Wondy get terrible death scenes lmao.

spoilers:
    Boomerang tries to piss on Flash’s corpse and only doesn’t because everyone else makes fun of him for having a small dick. GL loses his ring and is left in his underwear while everyone mocks him. Batman obviously we’ve already seen. Wondy’s is so dumb, she stabs Supes in the heart with freaking kryptonite and he shrugs it off and vaporizes her with his heat vision. So she’s permadead I guess.
    end of spoilers

Superman’s death hasn’t leaked yet but I know it’s going to be awful.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

spoilers:
    Boomerang tries to piss on Flash’s corpse and only doesn’t because everyone else makes fun of him for having a small dick. GL loses his ring and is left in his underwear while everyone mocks him. Batman obviously we’ve already seen. Wondy’s is so dumb, she stabs Supes in the heart with freaking kryptonite and he shrugs it off and vaporizes her with his heat vision. So she’s permadead I guess.
    end of spoilers

****ing hell that was just ......Anti-climatic

Hats off to Rocksteady for making a DC game for people who hate everything about DC Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Hats off to Rocksteady for making a DC game for people who hate everything about DC Comics.
    They took this idea that the Suicide Squad are these "fun and wacky" anti-heroes who are "cooler" than the JL a bit too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post

They just shoot him until he dies lmaooooooooooo. Don’t even acknowledge it or anything! Hilariously that makes it the second best death scene in the game given the rest. 9 years on this thing, and this is what they made

Ok so how the hell does WW come back? spoilers:
    She got ****ing heat visioned to death and Brainiac never possesses her, so I guess she is perma dead. Awesome, very cool Rocksteady.
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

People have been waiting on a Rocksteady game for almost a decade for this terrible **** man. Insomniac literally dropped 3 banger superhero games since then

They just shoot him until he dies lmaooooooooooo. Don’t even acknowledge it or anything! Hilariously that makes it the second best death scene in the game given the rest. 9 years on this thing, and this is what they made

Ok so how the hell does WW come back? spoilers:
    She got ****ing heat visioned to death and Brainiac never possesses her, so I guess she is perma dead. Awesome, very cool Rocksteady.
    end of spoilers
    I love how people on youtube are talking about how the world's greatest heroes are all getting defeated by being shot to death.

And also the Squad can somehow kill each of these heroes but are basically useless in cutscenes otherwise.

Didn't they have spoilers:
    Gold Kryptonite bullets
    end of spoilers?

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Did one of the game designers let their angsty 13 year old nephew write the script?

The Brainiac boss fight is a reskin of the Flash one, so there’s only four boss fights in this game. Amazing.

They were really banking on Suicide Squad being this massive franchise, huh? I just don't get why they decided that Suicide Squad was the property that they needed to dump hundreds of millions of dollars in across movies and now games. Is it really just the Harley Quinn thing? But even her movies haven't done great, but I guess the game was already too far along in development to pivot again. The stories that are going to come out about the development of this game are probably going to be 100x more interesting than the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    They were really banking on Suicide Squad being this massive franchise, huh? I just don't get why they decided that Suicide Squad was the property that they needed to dump hundreds of millions of dollars in across movies and now games. Is it really just the Harley Quinn thing? But even her movies haven't done great, but I guess the game was already too far along in development to pivot again. The stories that are going to come out about the development of this game are probably going to be 100x more interesting than the game itself.
    In this case, it's probably mainly because it's easier to make a Suicide Squad game (which is basically just a third person shooter) than a Justice League or a Teen Titans game. Also, this likely got greenlit in 2017, very shortly after the success of the first movie. Gunn was also the one who chose to do Suicide Squad because he is a big fan of Ostrander's run. It wasn't forced upon him by Warner or something.

That being said, yes, somebody at Warner really thought the Suicide Squad was gonna become a big DC franchise. That's evident by the fact that there had been a Suicide Squads movie in development since the late-2000s, that early pitches for the JL movie back in 2011 or so included the Squad, their appearance in Arrow and that WB Montreal also had a Suicide Squad game in development at one point teased at the end of Arkham Origins. This is all very strange for a franchise that not many DC fans would have considered a major one prior to the New 52. My guess is that Warner saw how popular certain DC villains were (Joker, Harley, Deathstroke) and they thought it might be a good idea to try to capitalize on that.
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 01-30-2024 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    In this case, it's probably mainly because it's easier to make a Suicide Squad game (which is basically just a third person shooter) than a Justice League or a Teen Titans game. Also, this likely got greenlit in 2017, very shortly after the success of the first movie. Gunn was also the one who chose to do Suicide Squad because he is a big fan of Ostrander's run. It wasn't forced upon him by Warner or something.

That being said, yes, somebody at Warner really thought the Suicide Squad was gonna become a big DC franchise. That's evident by the fact that there had been a Suicide Squads movie in development since the late-2000s, that early pitches for the JL movie back in 2011 or so included the Squad, their appearance in Arrow and that WB Montreal also had a Suicide Squad game in development at one point teased at the end of Arkham Origins. This is all very strange for a franchise that not many DC fans would have considered a major one prior to the New 52. My guess is that Warner saw how popular certain DC villains were (Joker, Harley, Deathstroke) and they thought it might be a good idea to try to capitalize on that.
    At its most basic, I think the Suicide Squad is one of the best concepts in comics. The government recruits C, D, and F list villains to do black ops missions. If they get captured or killed the govt will disavow any knowledge of their mission and it just looks like some crazy super villain died trying to do some super villain stuff. It’s a great cover story. If they survive they can get time off their sentence and possibly even freed entirely.

Having the low tier villains was a great touch and not knowing who will live and who will die was what initially made Ostrander’s run so brilliant. But the current iteration of the Squad is full of characters that DC would never kill (especially Harley) and it’s more of a showcase for their villains.

In the 2000-2010s maybe DC realized that their villains were one of their strongest aspect and something they actually do better than Marvel. Could be a reason why the Suicide Squad started to get attention. Then when Harley got put on the team it gave DC yet another way to utilize Joker.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I wonder if there's an level of character moments in this game. Cause like I saw the ending and Deadshot doesn't even mention his daughter. Makes me wonder if this is devoid of any actual character growth or anything with the squad.

Are they really that shallow?

Also apparently this game is awful with cutscene incompetence. Every cutscene the Squad is completely incompetent, either getting their asses kicked or just standing around doing nothing until the gameplay starts again.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post

...thats how he dies? Kryptonite to the chest by WW doesnt take him down but....this is how he goes out?