Page 485 of 693 FirstFirst ... 385435475481482483484485486487488489495535585 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was actually just trying to be optimistic and hope you find a reason to enjoy him .
    Kay, just read as sarcastic I guess. Like I said, I'd rather focus on the news I do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Hope so. I'd also love to see other cultures' takes on DC. Like Egyptian, Japanese, African, etc. Could be cool seeing these familiar characters through completely new lenses.
    There’s a Chinese Superman I’d love to see adapted…
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    ‘Batman Azteca’: HBO Max Orders Animated Feature Set In Mexico

https://deadline.com/2022/06/batman-...co-1235044624/

I wonder which will be the posture of this Batman about the human sacrifice. (He would be aprove, naturally).
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s a Chinese Superman I’d love to see adapted…
    Yeah, but not really the same thing. That guy and series was made by a talented Chinese American, but I was thinking more specifically versions made entirely by people in those countries.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

So....Diggle has been teased as becoming Green Lantern since Arrow ended. Between 4 shows they've been drawing this out (compared to the Canaries)....and how does it end?

He chooses not to become a GL and the mysterious box dissappears deaming him not ready.

This is so stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    So....Diggle has been teased as becoming Green Lantern since Arrow ended. Between 4 shows they've been drawing this out (compared to the Canaries)....and how does it end?

He chooses not to become a GL and the mysterious box dissappears deaming him not ready.

This is so stupid
    I never expected that to go anywhere but the resolution was pretty stupid ("It's all about family").

They didn't even tease Justice U.

It was basically just an excuse for Diggle to show up in a bunch of shows and as much as I love him and the actor...this really wasn't worth all that effort.

This is so stupid
    Well now you know how Hal Jordan fans felt after all the teasing of him during the early seasons that never went anywhere. I would've been totally shocked if this forced nonsensical "Diggle is GL" stuff actually paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well now you know how Hal Jordan fans felt after all the teasing of him during the early seasons that never went anywhere. I would've been totally shocked if this forced nonsensical "Diggle is GL" stuff actually paid off.
    People being like Blue Lanterns despite how impractical a GL in the Arrowverse would've been .

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    No not really. Blink and you miss them easter eggs vs an actual plot with a main character...not the same level imo

No not really. Blink and you miss them easter eggs vs an actual plot with a main character...not the same level imo
    They've name dropped Ferris Air and showed Ferris Air facilities a whole bunch of times, they've had different episodes taking place in Coast City, they mentioned a missing Ferris Air test pilot, they showed someone with a bomber jacket with the nametag "Jordan" in a Coast Cit bar, Earth-2 Barry literally had the name "Hal" on speed dial, they were doing those references all the time on both Arrow and Flash during the first few seasons.

The only "plot" where it was more directly hinted that Diggle could be the Arrowverse's version of John Stewart was the episode where they gave him a stepfather named Roy Stewart, that came out of nowhere. They never even showed what was in the box he found, nor had any direct mention of anything related to the rings or the Guardians. I did get a chuckle at the "cosmic odyssey" line though. Of all the stories to reference they chose that one. If you really expected them to go somewhere with this, then I don't know what to tell you. They simply went along with a stupid fan theory they started teasing all because John Diggle shared some superficial similarities to John Stewart and it was obvious that was as close as it would've ever gotten.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-16-2022 at 11:18 AM.

Like I said...easter eggs. Does it suck they neve showed up but it was never a storyline for a main character.

We all know what the green light meant and even if it didn't turn out to GL, the storyline is bad and a joke. Waste of 3 years of teases for Diggle

Extraordinary Member

Diggle Was NEVER Going To Be Green Lantern! Mystery Box EXPLAINED!

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Got a friend into Superman TAS. We love Brainiac.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.