Page 406 of 693 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 10394
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not going to happen. The CW is probably the best source to introduce DC characters without a paywall.

The CW allows you to reach a larger audience without doing too much spending.

You have to remember advertising revenue. How much ad time can you charge with say Arrowverse versus say what Jane the Virgin and America's Top Model got you? I would assume the DC stuff gets s higher amount versus the other CW shows that at one time a million could get you ad time on 2-3 CW nights with 4 showings. While that same amount could get 2 showing on Fox's animation domination shows.

Now you can film those shows for HBO Max and then show them on the CW. However how much censoring and editing would you have to do?
    WB/CBS are trying to wash their hands of TheCW. They are currently trying to sell it so they arent that worried nowadays about introducing DC characters via CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    He did revive GL and was very popular. It makes sense he'd be part of it.

But I think they've been allowed to take their time. They've cast roles so its definitely underway....just very slowly...but its also has the man who single handedly destroyed Black Canary so....
    We're talking two different mediums. Johns has a low batting average when it comes to working on adaptations. For every Stargirl (which lets face it is average) there is a Titans and 2011 GL.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    We're talking two different mediums. Johns has a low batting average when it comes to working on adaptations. For every Stargirl (which lets face it is average) there is a Titans and 2011 GL.
    The thing with Stargirl is that he actually runs the show. Titans and 2011 GL he was just there bts to give notes. Basically how Berlanti is on everything but has next to no real involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's one of the best DC shows for my money...probably one of the best received in recent memory alongside Doom Patrol and SM&L.

Rewatching S3 of Young Justice and it is just SO BORING. How did they think it was smart to introduce a brand new set of characters, give them 80% of the screentime and flat out ignore everyone they introduced in S2? And the new characters are HORRIBLE at that.

Rewatching S3 of Young Justice and it is just SO BORING. How did they think it was smart to introduce a brand new set of characters, give them 80% of the screentime and flat out ignore everyone they introduced in S2? And the new characters are HORRIBLE at that.
    I think a lot of your opinion on season 3 depends, on some level on your level of investment with Geo-Force, Halo, Forager, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think a lot of your opinion on season 3 depends, on some level on your level of investment with Geo-Force, Halo, Forager, etc.
    It definitely does.

Exactly why I hated season 3. I wanted more with Blue Beetle, Impulse, Wonder Girl, Robin and Static… instead we get the opposite. It’s better in the second half but you’ll see very quickly that someone on the writing team is a huge Beast Boy fan boy.

Season 1 and 2 are great, season 3 is bad and so far season 4 is meh
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Yeah it was definitely one of the more disappointing returns of a show I had hoped and dreamed would someday be brought back. The fact that I’ve always felt Geo Force was one of the most uninteresting characters in the DCU doesn’t help.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Exactly why I hated season 3. I wanted more with Blue Beetle, Impulse, Wonder Girl, Robin and Static… instead we get the opposite. It’s better in the second half but you’ll see very quickly that someone on the writing team is a huge Beast Boy fan boy.

The amount of people who are like "WG/Robin/BB/etc..." arent OGs so they dont deserve storylines but then are quick to jump on people who over the BB storyline lol. Bring up others getting some spotlight and it turns into "this isnt their show"

I'm okay with most of those characters, and I still think season 3 is the most boring one.

It's not even that much about which characters were introduced, just the overall story was weaker than season 2, and it's also a repeat of season 2, so repeating the previous season, while also being a worse version of it, blergh.

I do find Kenny-Girl annoying though, I really don't like when characters who have healing factor are the first ones to keep taking hits on a battle, makes the character himself look incompetent, and the team itself look even more incompetent, but Kenny-Girl is a worse version of that, she's so disgustingly incompetent she has the great idea of flying into a sword... **** off lol.

I'd find her cool if that kind of thing didn't happen, she has a cute personality and all, but the way she keeps dying just ruins it to me.

Season 3 also doesn't help itself by changing into the New 52 art style, so not the fights are poorly animated and boring, yay... I actually feel kinda sad to watch earlier seasons and see the animation being so much better, 'cause it reminds me YJ just mostly won't be like that again.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

That's definitely continuing in season 4, the Beast Boy fanboy part that is, while I don't mind his scenes that much, I can see that he's wasting time when we really should be using that time on other characters, and the Zatanna fans must've gotten pissed at him getting more development than her in her own arc, but then again, that's everyone in the Zatanna arc...

The amount of people who are like "WG/Robin/BB/etc..." arent OGs so they dont deserve storylines but then are quick to jump on people who over the BB storyline lol. Bring up others getting some spotlight and it turns into "this isnt their show"
    But how can they develop Tim if they only have his voice actor available for one episode per season?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

To be honest sometimes the show can seem very inconsistent about what it's actually about. I mean, I know it's meant to be an ensemble, but sometimes it's too much of one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I'm okay with most of those characters, and I still think season 3 is the most boring one.

It's not even that much about which characters were introduced, just the overall story was weaker than season 2, and it's also a repeat of season 2, so repeating the previous season, while also being a worse version of it, blergh.

I do find Kenny-Girl annoying though, I really don't like when characters who have healing factor are the first ones to keep taking hits on a battle, makes the character himself look incompetent, and the team itself look even more incompetent, but Kenny-Girl is a worse version of that, she's so disgustingly incompetent she has the great idea of flying into a sword... **** off lol.

I'd find her cool if that kind of thing didn't happen, she has a cute personality and all, but the way she keeps dying just ruins it to me.
    I think my problem with Halo is it seemed like the show was stretching the character to be whatever diversity box they could check off (Girl? Maybe. Muslim? Not really, even if she looks it. Non-Binary? Never mentioned again. Bisexual? Sure, why not).
    Season 3 also doesn't help itself by changing into the New 52 art style, so not the fights are poorly animated and boring, yay... I actually feel kinda sad to watch earlier seasons and see the animation being so much better, 'cause it reminds me YJ just mostly won't be like that again
    Even the animated features with that same art style have better fights.

Halo dying every episode was so lame. It's like they thought "we aren't under CN regulations anymore! How many ways can we kill off this character every episode?"

And none of the romances got me. I was over SuperMartian and now we're right back to them having more drama since MGann yhinks he's dead. They should've remained broken up. We already got Artemis/Wally that showed a relationship can work long term. Conner/Mgann should've been the opposite "your childhood love isn't necessarily the love of your life"

Halo dying every episode was so lame. It's like they thought "we aren't under CN regulations anymore! How many ways can we kill off this character every episode?"

And none of the romances got me. I was over SuperMartian and now we're right back to them having more drama since MGann yhinks he's dead. They should've remained broken up. We already got Artemis/Wally that showed a relationship can work long term. Conner/Mgann should've been the opposite "your childhood love isn't necessarily the love of your life"
    The Halo deaths were also odd because she was definitely intended to be a character they explore diversity in just to have her killed in an unceremonious fashion every other episode. I wouldn't overanalyze it if they did it once to show that she can do it, but it seems odd for them to toy with that if they wanted her to be this fully nuanced character. Regelates her to a joke and the mishandling of her arc didn't help either.

As for romance, I think keeping together the two major couples is to establish the idea of long-term love interests similar to Lois and Clark. And once you get past S2 there's no reason to break up Conner and M'Gann really. I haven't found them all that compelling since S2 but also part of me is happy to see them get married, even if it ended in death before then.

Dick and Zatanna is probably a good example of first love not working out in context of the show.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

To be honest sometimes the show can seem very inconsistent about what it's actually about. I mean, I know it's meant to be an ensemble, but sometimes it's too much of one.
    I think that scene from season 1 episode 8, where M'gann picks a bunch of food and accidentally throws 'em at Conner, and points out she was doing "too much at once", perfectly represents how YJ stretches itself thin lol.

I think my problem with Halo is it seemed like the show was stretching the character to be whatever diversity box they could check off (Girl? Maybe. Muslim? Not really, even if she looks it. Non-Binary? Never mentioned again. Bisexual? Sure, why not).
    Lol, I used to call her "Muslim bait" 'cause of that, since she constantly dressed like one, despite clearly not having memories, so she can't have the belief, and then in later episodes she mentions she's not muslim anyways... It's the kind of awkward handling of religion you'd expect from, I dunno, the 80's or somethin'.

Even the animated features with that same art style have better fights.
    If you mean the movies, then it's natural 'cause they have more time and budget, even then the fights can have awkward stiff moments, and moments outside the fights do definitely have stiff animation once in a while.

Lol SuperMartian made me think that maybe Supes was dating J'onn.

Anyways, the irony is that, Conner/M'gann was the best written romance YJ ever had back in season 1, since they at least had enough time to develop, but then season 2 made Conner go back to M'gann who's an abuser who tried to brainwash him, season 3 being a repeat of season 2 just decided to make M'gann being a piece of **** again, though at least she wasn't brainwashing Conner this time, though what she did to "help" Artemis is, questionable...

I know drama is needed as part of the reason to keep relationships interesting (Even if it's obnoxious how 99% of the times that replaces actual chemistry), but making M'gann into an abuser just makes Conner look like a moron who keeps coming back to her.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Dick and Zatanna is probably a good example of first love not working out in context of the show.
    Would that even be called first love? At most they seemed to have a crush on each other, but there's no indication they had that strong feelings for each other, seemed like a fling even.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then