Page 280 of 693 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 10394

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Is it the same amount though. They could be co-funding it to a smaller budget. I hope not, it's the best DC TV show around IMO.
    I guess it's hard to know for sure until we actually see the show, but I don't see why they would decrease it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    Well, looks like Cisco's going to die.
    I think they'd more likely write him off into the sunset.

Doom Patrol is the best live action superhero show. It aims high and reaches it's full potential. It has great characterization and acting, and it has great and unique storytelling techniques that all serve the greater purpose of the story, along with being bizarrely funny and touching.

Watchmen obviously has great episodes but once it gets to episode 7 it completely loses it's way and becomes this weird plot that doesn't really talk about society in any deep way.

Stargirl is really enjoyable but at times it reminds me of Riverdale with the "quality" of the dialogue in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Stargirl is really enjoyable but at times it reminds me of Riverdale with the "quality" of the dialogue in particular.
    I don't watch Riverdale but also don't really have any issues with Stargirl's dialogue. I guess the only issue I could see is that it gets to be comic-booky kind of dialogue, but I don't find that to be much of an issue (personally).

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Cal Ellis was born as Kal-El too so this isn't something surprising.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Cal Ellis was born as Kal-El too so this isn't something surprising.
    I think the article is implying that it will be the original Clark Kent character since it mention that character will be based on the version from the original Superman comics.

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I think the article is implying that it will be the original Clark Kent character since it mention that character will be based on the version from the original Superman comics.
    That could very well be the case too. The article also says it won't take place in the shared universe.

Yep, race swapped Clark Kent. Just confounding to me personally.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yep, race swapped Clark Kent. Just confounding to me personally.
    I wish they made an Icon movie, or do a reboot of Steel. I don’t need Clark changed.

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I wish they made an Icon movie, or do a reboot of Steel. I don’t need Clark changed.
    Agreed. There's so many great superheroes who are actually black and are ready for the big leagues of film and television/streaming. Icon, Steel, Vixen, Bronze Tiger, Green Lantern (John), Black Lightning - those are just the ones I can recall off the top of my head. Any one of them could helm a billion dollar blockbuster, so resorting to this just feels so damn gimmicky and pointless to me.

I think what their plan is we're most likely going to see a few different versions of the same characters for the next "Phase" of the DCEU. Black Superman, Latina Supergirl, Keaton, Affleck and Pattinson as Batman, I imagine when Gadot is done with WW they would bring in Yara afterwards, with the occasional Shazam or Blue Beetle flick. Isn't there a female-led Plastic Man movie in development too now? It does kind of feel like a gimmick and I wish they'd stop trying to chase that Marvel dough and failing at it, but maybe this strategy could finally work for them.

Incredible Member

I don't see an issue with this. Hopefully it'll be a good movie. Little black and brown kids deserve to see a Black Superman and Latina Supergirl. The idea that the most uber-powerful and most righteous man in the world has to be white is some crock of bull and I fail to see how it's production and eventual release hurts anyone or comics Clark Kent/Kal-El.

It's a little something extra, that if done well, has the opportunity to be iconic and inspirational the way any good Superman movie should.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    I don't see an issue with this. Hopefully it'll be a good movie. Little black and brown kids deserve to see a Black Superman and Latina Supergirl. The idea that the most uber-powerful and most righteous man in the world has to be white is some crock of bull and I fail to see how it's production and eventual release hurts anyone or comics Clark Kent/Kal-El.

It's a little something extra, that if done well, has the opportunity to be iconic and inspirational the way any good Superman movie should.
    Who is saying any of that here?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Who is saying any of that here?
    Yeah, no one. Many here have been suggesting other pre-existing black Superman-like characters like Steel or Icon as alternatives to Warners unnecessary race-swapping.

- Charles Schultz.

It's ridiculous how people are acting here and everywhere else in general. Just because Coates is black, everywhere be assumes he can only write black stories and characters.

People literally made assumptions off of that alone and then used their own assumptions as a reason to get mad.