Page 272 of 284 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 4246
  1. #4066
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,901

    Default

    Wouldn't the initial sales be the highest they could get and the sales gradually drop off after a while?

    There is also the impact of streaming to consider and how it affects the DTV sales.

  2. #4067
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Wouldn't the initial sales be the highest they could get and the sales gradually drop off after a while?

    There is also the impact of streaming to consider and how it affects the DTV sales.
    Probably but when one film has been out for a decade more than another the sales are likely to reflect that at least a little

  3. #4068
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,901

    Default

    The data for Superman: Doomsday is from 3 weeks of release, the one for JLD: Apokolips War is from 9 weeks.

  4. #4069
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The data for Superman: Doomsday is from 3 weeks of release, the one for JLD: Apokolips War is from 9 weeks.
    According to the link you posted earlier, Doomsday made $6M in its first 3 weeks of release, while the chart you posted lists $12M, indicating a time period much longer than the first 3 weeks

  5. #4070
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,901

    Default

    I stand corrected then.

  6. #4071

  7. #4072
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,901

    Default

    Trailer better blow my socks off because nothing I've heard of this convinced me that it will be better than the Titans show or the 2011-GL movie. :P

  8. #4073
    Astonishing Member Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Trailer better blow my socks off because nothing I've heard of this convinced me that it will be better than the Titans show or the 2011-GL movie. :P
    I really hope we don't get something as bad as Titans. Way to butcher soemthing so full of potential

  9. #4074
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I really hope we don't get something as bad as Titans. Way to butcher soemthing so full of potential
    I've only seen the first season of Titans, and it's budget shows a lot, but I don't think it was that bad. Actually liked their Robin/Nightwing a lot.

  10. #4075
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,901

    Default

    The casting spot on but the writing is all over the place. I think Johns just needs to stay away from certain properties and let some new blood in and hopefully it's people who understands these characters and what makes them tick. Whose bright idea was it to give Akiva Goldsman another superhero property to write?

    Wish the show had the production quality of Stargirl and the tone of Jon Watt's Spider-man movies.

  11. #4076
    Astonishing Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I've only seen the first season of Titans, and it's budget shows a lot, but I don't think it was that bad. Actually liked their Robin/Nightwing a lot.
    Loved the costumes, liked the acting, but the writing was absolutely dreadful.

    I saw somewhere that someone had complained on Brenton Thwaites' IG or something and that he responded and said something like, "I understand but please be patient. It will get better."

    I liked about every other episode of season 1 alright. Those tended to be the episodes that introduced new characters apart from the main four. The Hawk and Dove episode was fantastic. The costumes and story were great, the writing was even okay, and I never want to see anyone else play those roles. They are perfect. And I am in love with Minka Kelly.

    Season 2 was awful through and through. Hopefully the bigger budget will help. Maybe they could find a better way than a downed power line to kill Donna Troy, for example? And please, please get some better writers. That is the biggest problem with the show by far.

  12. #4077
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The casting spot on but the writing is all over the place. I think Johns just needs to stay away from certain properties and let some new blood in and hopefully it's people who understands these characters and what makes them tick. Whose bright idea was it to give Akiva Goldsman another superhero property to write?

    Wish the show had the production quality of Stargirl and the tone of Jon Watt's Spider-man movies.
    Agree with the production quality of Stargirl, hard disagree with the tone of MCU Spidey movies. Stargirl did a lighthearted fun tone better than Homecoming and Far From Home have.

  13. #4078
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Loved the costumes, liked the acting, but the writing was absolutely dreadful.

    I saw somewhere that someone had complained on Brenton Thwaites' IG or something and that he responded and said something like, "I understand but please be patient. It will get better."

    I liked about every other episode of season 1 alright. Those tended to be the episodes that introduced new characters apart from the main four. The Hawk and Dove episode was fantastic. The costumes and story were great, the writing was even okay, and I never want to see anyone else play those roles. They are perfect. And I am in love with Minka Kelly.

    Season 2 was awful through and through. Hopefully the bigger budget will help. Maybe they could find a better way than a downed power line to kill Donna Troy, for example? And please, please get some better writers. That is the biggest problem with the show by far.
    Agreed on the writing, but that's what I meant about the budget - decent writing is the first to get cut on a tight budget. So yeah, the writing is dreadful. But the costumes and acting didn't suck, so it kind of balances out. Like I said, I like their Dick Grayson, and I am not a Grayson fan (I don't hate him to any extent either, outside the annoying fanbase who thinks he's the best thing DC's ever done - but the character himself I'm just indifferent to really).

    While I disagree that they were perfect and never wanting to see other actors in the role, I do greatly agree that Hawk and Dove were clear stand outs and quite probably the best parts of season one.

    Like I said, haven't seen the second season (yet).

  14. #4079
    Mighty Member Drako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    BR
    Posts
    1,826

    Default

    The cast keep saying that season 3 has the best writing yet. I don't doubt it cause it's pretty easy to achieve that.

    I had high hopes for season 2, but the season finale killed any good faith i had in the show up until that point. But the Titans are my favorite characters, so u best belive i'll be watching season 3 cause i can't help myself.

    And even if it sucks, at least Conor Leslie is coming back. Whoever choose her to be Donna Troy deserve a raise.
    Last edited by Drako; 04-12-2021 at 06:36 AM.

  15. #4080
    Astonishing Member Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,413

    Default

    I'll never forgive them for Raven's casting. Some of the worst acting I've seen on a TV Show. But I do like their Nightwing and Donna.
    But yes, the writing is by far the worst thing about the show. So cringy.
    Oh, then there's Trigon. Oh lord.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •