Page 234 of 690 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 10349

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I guess they changed plans only later.
    An animated film continuity was mandated from up top, I wouldn't be surprised if ending it came from up top as well.

It's weird to see the JSA looking so young, but the show looks fun.
    I love how comic accurate some of those looks are.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Those are the legacy versions of the JSA. We see the adult versions in flashbacks.

I'm kind of surprised they're going with Beth Chapel for Mid-Nite instead of Pieter Cross but I guess they want to add in more diversity. I guess it explains why she was in Doomsday Clock.

For a comic book TV show, these are some really comic-accurate costumes, especially for how many of them are in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I just hope this means we could see more of characters like Infinity Inc or the newer JSA members from Geoff Johns run like Cyclone, Jakeem Thunder, or Citizen Steel(I know he’s in Legends of tomorrow but this is an alternate universe so it should be fine).
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Those are the legacy versions of the JSA. We see the adult versions in flashbacks.

I'm kind of surprised they're going with Beth Chapel for Mid-Nite instead of Pieter Cross but I guess they want to add in more diversity. I guess it explains why she was in Doomsday Clock.

For a comic book TV show, these are some really comic-accurate costumes, especially for how many of them are in this.
    Yeah, but even those legacy characters were never that young. I guess the Infinity Inc cast would be less surprising, or even the younger members Johns added later on like Wildcard Jr and Cyclone.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I just hope this means we could see more of characters like Infinity Inc or the newer JSA members from Geoff Johns run like Cyclone, Jakeem Thunder, or Citizen Steel(I know he’s in Legends of tomorrow but this is an alternate universe so it should be fine).
    That would be really awesome. Cyclone in particular could work really well as Stargirl's best friend.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'm ready for DC to put the new 52 movies behind us. They were so mediocre and forgettable. The only one that stands out to me is Death of Superman and Judas Contract.

Also I'm so ready for a new art director or whoever handles the art. It's so flat and boring and they reuse too much designs that it becomes so noticeable.

Yeah for better or worse these animates movies have become synonymous with the new 52
    DC has moved on from that so its time for the animated movies to do something new

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I'm ready for DC to put the new 52 movies behind us. They were so mediocre and forgettable. The only one that stands out to me is Death of Superman and Judas Contract.

Also I'm so ready for a new art director or whoever handles the art. It's so flat and boring and they reuse too much designs that it becomes so noticeable.
    Yeah, hopefully Bourassa can just focus on Young Justice now and not re-use as much character designs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Yeah for better or worse these animates movies have become synonymous with the new 52
    DC has moved on from that so its time for the animated movies to do something new
    I guess I'll be glad that people can finally stop calling it a New 52 animated universe even when it quickly moved past New 52 material. But I guess first impressions are everything.

You know I like the CW shows, they have their meh moments but for the most part they are fun, but if they want to do a Stargirl crossover with the CW universe then they need to at least put the shows on the DC universe app. I mean Crisis on Infinite Earths references the DC Universe shows so why not have them on the same service. I know it’s a Netflix deal thing but still.

https://comicbook.com/2020/04/01/sta...ctions-the-cw/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Lego DC Shazam: Monsters and Magic trailer:

Featuring a familiar voice behind the role of Billy Batson, Magic & Monsters stars Sean Astin as the titular 10-year-old, reprising his vocal role from films like Justice League: War and Justice League: Throne of Atlantis. This time around, Shazam is joining the Justice League — but that means letting down his skeptical guard enough to trust the likes of Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman while under attack from Mr. Mind and Black Adam. Basically, a tough ask for a rowdy kid like Billy.

Oh, and everyone gets turned into kids. That's important, too. It also means that the cast under director Matt Peters (LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Aquaman – Rage of Atlantis) gets to have a lot of fun going young and immature.

It's a who's who of voice-acting pros, with Troy Baker, Nolan North, Grey Griffin, Christina Milizia, James Arnold Taylor, Imari Williams, Fred Tatasciore, Ralph Garman, Zach Callison, Dee Bradley Baker, Jennifer Hale, Tom Kenny, Jonny Rees, Erica Lindbeck, and Josh Keaton on the extensive roster. And with a script by Jeremy Adams (Teen Titans Go! Vs. Teen Titans) making all sorts of (literally) childish gags, there'll be tons for fans to enjoy as they wait for Shazam to return to theaters with Shazam! 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Most of the costumes look pretty good and STRIPE looks amazing. But that Wildcat mask yeesh. They actually saw pictures of that and said “yep, that’s the one we’re going with.” And if they didn’t want her to be confused with Catwoman, they really shouldn’t have given her claws. The taped up hands (like a boxer) is a cool look. Should just stuck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Most of the costumes look pretty good and STRIPE looks amazing. But that Wildcat mask yeesh. They actually saw pictures of that and said “yep, that’s the one we’re going with.” And if they didn’t want her to be confused with Catwoman, they really shouldn’t have given her claws. The taped up hands (like a boxer) is a cool look. Should just stuck with that.
    At least it's better then the Wildcat mask from Arrow.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Doom Patrol is almost perfect as a show but its like 20% too emo for my tastes and that's what kills it for me after 5 episodes. The real world is shitty enough. I prefer The Boys as a show and look forward to Watchmen next.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Darren Criss and Zachary Quinto to star in new Superman animated movie:

This summer sees the release of Superman: Man of Tomorrow, which finds Clark Kent working as an intern for the Daily Planet and learning on the job how to save the city of Metropolis. Check out an exclusive first look from the film above.

Darren Criss, who can be seen on Netflix this weekend starring in Ryan Murphy's new drama Hollywood, will lead the Superman: Man of Tomorrow cast as the big blue boy scout himself. Zachary Quinto, who got his start playing the murderous supervillain Sylar on NBC's Heroes, will here voice one of the greatest supervillains of all time: Lex Luthor. Alexandra Daddario (San Andreas) will voice Lois Lane.

That's the rundown on the biggest names in Superman's orbit. But Man of Tomorrow will also shine the spotlight on two less famous rogues: Lobo and Parasite. Lobo, an intergalactic bounty hunter who calls himself "the Main Man," will be voiced by Brett Dalton (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) while Parasite (a.k.a. Rudy Jones) will be voiced by Ryan Hurst (The Walking Dead). Parasite is one of the most well-named characters in superhero comics: A monster who can literally suck the superpowers and life out of other beings. As such, he's one of the few villains who can actually pose a threat to Superman.

The rest of the voice cast includes Ike Amadi (Mass Effect 3) as fellow superhero Martian Manhunter, Neil Flynn (Scrubs) as Jonathan Kent, and Bellamy Young (Scandal) as Martha Kent. Superman: Man of Tomorrow is directed by Chris Palmer (Voltron: Legendary Defender) and written by Tim Sheridan (The Death of Superman), with Butch Lukic (Justice League, Batman Beyond) serving as supervising producer.

Superman: Man of Tomorrow becomes available on digital video, 4K Ultra combo pack, and Blu-ray combo pack this summer.

Source: https://ew.com/movies/darren-criss-z...nimated-movie/