Page 304 of 693 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 10395

Edwin Hodge is Aldis Hodge's brother and the former is playing Mr Terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Edwin Hodge is Aldis Hodge's brother and the former is playing Mr Terrific.
    Ha! Small world in terms of DC castings .

I'm weirdly more excited for Injustice movie than part 2 of the Long Halloween. Which is...weird for me. Long Halloween was my favorite comic, and I've never played the Injustice game, but...the first half of Long Halloween was just kind of alright, which is not what you want from an adaptation of your favorite comic. I'm back to where I was just wishing for more Elseworld style stories than any "in universe" stuff. Don't know why DC has had such trouble making quality films in their shared animated universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it would only make sense for Hal to be in it since he's part of the core story, but it seems like they might be race-bending Catwoman to black again despite her being white in the games. Not that Anika Noni Rose has to be playing to her race, but they keep adapting Catwoman as black that I wouldn't be surprised.
    Raceswapping is basically mandatory today so it's not surprising if they would change Catwoman again. Also notice that, at least based on the casting, Jimmy Olsen doesn't appear to be racebended again, so if not him then I guess Catwoman seemed to be the more attractive choice. She's both a more prominent character, has a bigger role in the story obviously, and they get to have their interracial pairing with Batman too. Though I personally doubt the current raceswapping of Catwoman is done for synergy with the Zoe Kravitz version, since The Long Halloween version is voiced by a woman of color too and the character is still white.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-21-2021 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Raceswapping is basically mandatory today so it's not surprising if they would change Catwoman again. Also notice that, at least based on the casting, Jimmy Olsen doesn't appear to be racebended again, so if not him then I guess Catwoman seemed to be the more attractive choice. She's both a more prominent character, has a bigger role in the story obviously, and they get to have their interracial pairing with Batman too. Though I personally doubt the current raceswapping of Catwoman is done for synergy with the Zoe Kravitz version, since The Long Halloween version is voiced by a woman of color too and the character is still white.
    Catwoman is also white in the games so it’s a little weird she’s been changed for this, but they’re making a push to portray her as black. She’s black in:
    The Batman
    DC Superhero Girls
    This Injustice movie
    Harley Quinn: TAS
    I wonder if it’s synergy with Reeves or just different groups copying each other?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

There will be a sneak peak of Injustice included with Batman: The Long Halloween Part 2. The digital release is July 27.

Incredible Member

Lots of people of color have voiced white characters. This isn't something new. It has been done all the time. We still don't know what Catwoman will look like until we see the sneak peek of Injustice which releases in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Lots of people of color have voiced white characters. This isn't something new. It has been done all the time. We still don't know what Catwoman will look like until we see the sneak peek of Injustice which releases in a few days.
    Sure, I mean is there any white character that Cree Summer hasn't voiced yet. lol So I'm aware we could still get the original Catwoman, it's just most times they have non-white actors voice white characters today, it's usually due to raceswapping, but yes obviously there have been exceptions as well and this could be one of them. We'll see.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-22-2021 at 03:12 AM.

Incredible Member

Sure, I mean is there any white character that Cree Summer hasn't voiced yet. lol So I'm aware we could still get the original Catwoman, it's just most times they have non-white actors voice white characters today, it's usually due to raceswapping, but yes obviously there have been exceptions as well and this could be one of them. We'll see.
    It's just that raceswapping rarely occurs in animation unlike live-action.
    Last edited by Veni; 07-22-2021 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm weirdly more excited for Injustice movie than part 2 of the Long Halloween. Which is...weird for me. Long Halloween was my favorite comic, and I've never played the Injustice game, but...the first half of Long Halloween was just kind of alright, which is not what you want from an adaptation of your favorite comic. I'm back to where I was just wishing for more Elseworld style stories than any "in universe" stuff. Don't know why DC has had such trouble making quality films in their shared animated universe.
    I guess it's my opinion on the respective source material and what I've seen so far but I'm more engaged with what I'm seeing from Long Halloween than Injustice.

For Injustice it will depend on how they adapt the material and whether the voices fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Catwoman is also white in the games so it’s a little weird she’s been changed for this, but they’re making a push to portray her as black. She’s black in:
    The Batman
    DC Superhero Girls
    This Injustice movie
    Harley Quinn: TAS
    I wonder if it’s synergy with Reeves or just different groups copying each other?
    I think it's just because of a perceived need of diversity and Catwoman having some history as African-American (Eartha Kitt, Halle Berry).
    Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    I mean, Phil LaMarr was Injustice!Aquaman...

I guess it's my opinion on the respective source material and what I've seen so far but I'm more engaged with what I'm seeing from Long Halloween than Injustice.

For Injustice it will depend on how they adapt the material and whether the voices fit.
    To each their own, but I just couldn't help but think, that while it was alright/ok/decent, it just wasn't good enough considering the source material. I think that they could have done a damn good job of it back when they did the Year One and Dark Knight Returns adaptations. But as they are now? Gotta learn to settle for "meh, doesn't suck, I guess."

To each their own, but I just couldn't help but think, that while it was alright/ok/decent, it just wasn't good enough considering the source material. I think that they could have done a damn good job of it back when they did the Year One and Dark Knight Returns adaptations. But as they are now? Gotta learn to settle for "meh, doesn't suck, I guess."
    Haven't watched it yet. Will give my two cents when I have .

Haven't watched it yet. Will give my two cents when I have .
    I think you'll really like it ~ we seem to have very opposite view points (which is not a criticism of any sort - differences are good) so I think you'll appreciate what they were going for more than me. I'd have preferred seeing the comic come to life like I did with Year One and Dark Knight Returns, but they very much wanted to go do their own thing and be different, leave their own mark - which...just wasn't one that wowed me at all. Sucks for me, once in a lifetime adaptation of a beloved story coming out as a very average feeling movie, but there's definitely going to be people who love this better just because it's so different. Great for them I guess. Not much I can do about it - as I keep saying, I thought it was alright, just a shame to me that alright is all it was for me.

I think you'll really like it ~ we seem to have very opposite view points (which is not a criticism of any sort - differences are good) so I think you'll appreciate what they were going for more than me. I'd have preferred seeing the comic come to life like I did with Year One and Dark Knight Returns, but they very much wanted to go do their own thing and be different, leave their own mark - which...just wasn't one that wowed me at all. Sucks for me, once in a lifetime adaptation of a beloved story coming out as a very average feeling movie, but there's definitely going to be people who love this better just because it's so different. Great for them I guess. Not much I can do about it - as I keep saying, I thought it was alright, just a shame to me that alright is all it was for me.
    Heck, maybe I will see the comic come to life when I watch it .

Sorry you didn't enjoy it as a massive fan of the story.

Incredible Member