Page 488 of 693 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498538588 ... LastLast
Results 7,306 to 7,320 of 10394
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Well, at least Wally looks a bit older than Beast Boy and Cassie.
    Or just taller

I thought he was just closer to the camera.

Reminds me of the Iron Man: Armored Avengers art style.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Reminds me of the Iron Man: Armored Avengers art style.
    Not a fan of the aniamtion style tbh

Also, is DAmian's hair a weapon or what?

Alright, so a lot of thoughts here:

- This really does feel true to the spirit of the Super Sons comics in terms of style and vibe, as well as the dynamic between the two boys. Their voices sound a little older but I feel like they capture the personalities well enough. And the CG doesn't loo half-bad. Also Damian has anime hair.

- Troy Baker is Batman and Travis Willingham is Superman. Doubly fitting because they're in real life best buds. I think they were each others' Best Man, even .

- Laura Bailey sounds like she's reprising Lois if she's that woman Starro is coming out of. Doubly hilarious because she's Travis' actual wife .

- Looks like Jimmy is black again so I'm guessing he's Zeno Robinson.

- They are definitely trying to match TSS in making Starro creepy. And that's definitely Darin Du Paul.

- President Lex! Did not expect that .

- We've got Wally West as Kid Flash (?) and Beast Boy, Martian Manhunter, Cassie Sandsmark Wonder Girl, and Green Arrow all wearing their modern costumes. I wonder if any of them will get actual dialogue...

Even though I understand why they did it, I wish they kept the "Batman/Superman" off the title when they probably have a rather limited screen time. That said I will give them credit for going outside their wheelhouse a bit this year, a Catwoman movie, a Green Lantern movie and now a Super-Sons movie, with only one of them in continuity, and each with vastly different animation style. Reminds me of back when they first started doing the animated movies and how every film looked different from the next, while those adapting specific comic storylines actually used the same art style as the comics, and wasn't just the same cost-cutting animation style and the selection wasn't Batman/Justice League/Batman/Batman/Justice League/Batman.

Synopsis for the movie and apparently Jeremy Adams wrote the script for the movie so it should be good
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Even though I understand why they did it, I wish they kept the "Batman/Superman" off the title when they probably have a rather limited screen time. That said I will give them credit for going outside their wheelhouse a bit this year, a Catwoman movie, a Green Lantern movie and now a Super-Sons movie, with only one of them in continuity, and each with vastly different animation style. Reminds me of back when they first started doing the animated movies and how every film looked different from the next, while those adapting specific comic storylines actually used the same art style as the comics, and wasn't just the same cost-cutting animation style and the selection wasn't Batman/Justice League/Batman/Batman/Justice League/Batman.
    And we even got a DC Super Hero Girls movie .
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Synopsis for the movie and apparently Jeremy Adams wrote the script for the movie so it should be good
    So Clark held off on telling him until he was 11? I guess that's better than when he's a teenager.

I guess it also means he doesn't have his full powers yet (Hence Damian's "he's not invulnerable" comment).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I miss those days. It wasn't all good of course, but it's easily the golden age of DC animation for me. There was just so much good stuff and variety. I really wish The Long Halloween had been adapted back during that era. I know that I'm the only one who didn't like the animated version last year, but it just felt so underwhelming.
    Anyways, hoping Damian is more likeable here than the Tucker-verse DCAMU version. To be fair he kind of got better over time, but still it took too long to get there.

I LOVE the Super Sons trailer, my only gripe is their voices are too old for them.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I miss those days. It wasn't all good of course, but it's easily the golden age of DC animation for me. There was just so much good stuff and variety. I really wish The Long Halloween had been adapted back during that era. I know that I'm the only one who didn't like the animated version last year, but it just felt so underwhelming.
    Anyways, hoping Damian is more likeable here than the Tucker-verse DCAMU version. To be fair he kind of got better over time, but still it took too long to get there.
    I don't know if you've read Damian in the Super Sons comics, but it looks like they're writing him in-line with that.

Coming out 10/18.

Full cast comprise of:

Jack Dylan Glazer - Jon Kent
    Jack Griffo - Damian Wayne
    Troy Baker - Batman/Bruce Wayne
    Travis Willingham -Superman/Clark Kent
    Laura Bailey - Lois Lane
    Darin De Paul - Lex Luthor & Starro
    Tom Kenny - Green Arrow & Penguin
    Zeno Robinson - Jimmy Olsen & Melvin Masters
    Nolan North - Jor-El
    Myrna Velasco - Wonder Girl & Lara.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-01-2022 at 01:14 AM.

Guess they’ll be going to the Fortress as well as the Batcave if the Els are showing up

I get a kick out an actual married couple playing Superman and Lois again .

I'm guessing the Els' are either backstory for Starro or when Superman takes Jon to the Fortress to tell him about his powers.

Incredible Member

Wonder which Wonder Girl it'll be...