Page 332 of 693 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382432 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 10394
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, I never knew Returns impacted the show to that extent.
    I mean....WB seriously considered cancelling Smallville just because they didnt want 2 Clark Kents existing at once.

How far they’ve come now then lol. Not far enough to let Ryan play CW Constantine though…
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah I didn't know about any of that stuff either, but honestly, I think it helped her as a character. Because look at what we got. I think Lois was fantastic the whole way through on that show. The fact that she wasn't a love interest was brilliant. Even the way she got into journalism actually makes sense to me. I honestly don't think Lois is a reporter because of her love for writing. We often see how many writings errors she makes (not sure what media started this). I think Lois just likes to knock people down a peg and is just an absolute busy body. She became a journalist because it justifies her own vices.

I'm sure she grew to admire the craft and even develop her own sense of ethical journalism but it doesn't surprise me that it's not how it started.

Anyway, I loved Smallville, specially season 4, 8 and 9. It's my favourite Lois Lane, my favourite Kent family, and my favourite adaptation of Jimmy Olsen.

I think Chloe Sullivan was a great addition the the super mythos, and I think people under value the wacky plots it had over the years. It often felt like a silver age Superman story with episodes where Clark switched bodies, or read minds, or got a magical hangover. I really wish we had more episodes about Clark and Bart. The ending of Bart's introduction episode still hits me in the feels.

The fact that with all those mindless restrictions, this still turned out to be the best live-action version of Lois speaks for itself. To me Erica Durance is to live-action Lois Lanes what Dana Delany is to the animated versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yeah I didn't know about any of that stuff either, but honestly, I think it helped her as a character. Because look at what we got. I think Lois was fantastic the whole way through on that show. The fact that she wasn't a love interest was brilliant. Even the way she got into journalism actually makes sense to me. I honestly don't think Lois is a reporter because of her love for writing. We often see how many writings errors she makes (not sure what media started this). I think Lois just likes to knock people down a peg and is just an absolute busy body. She became a journalist because it justifies her own vices.

I'm sure she grew to admire the craft and even develop her own sense of ethical journalism but it doesn't surprise me that it's not how it started.
    Agreed. And because of the development she got, her transition from being a side character to the new female lead in the later seasons felt earned imo. Despite the restrictions they had from WB, she got a chance to find her own voice, so by the time Clark fell for her she felt more like the Lois Lane that Clark Kent would fall for. Clark falling for Season 4 Lois wouldn't make much sense, but falling for Season 8 Lois made all the sense in the world.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-24-2021 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What made me a true DC fan. Good times. Hard to believe this show started 20 years ago.

that was 20 years ago? i suddenly feel really old.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I mean....WB seriously considered cancelling Smallville just because they didnt want 2 Clark Kents existing at once.
    That just makes The Flash TV show surviving against the movie more surprising. I guess with how delayed it's been it never became as much of an issue.
    The fact that with all those mindless restrictions, this still turned out to be the best live-action version of Lois speaks for itself. To me Erica Durance is to live-action Lois Lanes what Dana Delany is to the animated versions.
    Bitsie Tulloch is pretty great in SM&L as well .

CW Flash still brings in a lot of viewers, and WB clearly doesn’t have too much faith in Ezra given how many Batmen they’re shoving into “his” movie.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    This is going to be an...interesting take.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I like how the evil little crab went right for the beard.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Sandman teaser:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Sandman teaser:

Wow that looks great! I was huge into Sandman in my younger goth-y days. Casting is spot on.

Unfortunate for HBO Max that they couldn’t get this very popular DC property. Hopefully Netflix goes all out.

Given they cast Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Death, I imagine Gaiman thinks "pale goth girls" must be outdated nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Sandman teaser:

In certain shots I see the same kind of ethereal, spooky, quality you would expect from Dream...and I got goosebumps when they mentioned the rest of the Endless...although otherwise I guess it's what he'd look like if played by a human.
    Given they cast Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Death, I imagine Gaiman thinks "pale goth girls" must be outdated nowadays.
    Somebody tell Raven .