Page 692 of 694 FirstFirst ... 192592642682688689690691692693694 LastLast
Results 10,366 to 10,380 of 10410

I almost admire how adamantly they refused to put a Superman villain on the team for a SS game set in Metropolis.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I almost admire how adamantly they refused to put a Superman villain on the team for a SS game set in Metropolis.
    You mean other than Brainiac?

I dunno who else they would’ve picked tbh. The modern marketable Suicide Squad is a mix of Harley, Boomer, and Deadshot, then whoever showed up in the two movies. They needed a tank, King Shark fit the bill, and the other three spots were taken

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Okay so going by the leaks here. spoilers:
    It also means the whole "selling point" of the game is completely pointless. They could have done literally anything else but they went with something they could never have followed through with. What a fucking waste of everything this game turned out to be.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    I dunno who else they would’ve picked tbh. The modern marketable Suicide Squad is a mix of Harley, Boomer, and Deadshot, then whoever showed up in the two movies. They needed a tank, King Shark fit the bill, and the other three spots were taken
    Well there is something to be said that only 4 playable characters was always too little for a squad. Honestly the marketable characters are an albatross on the series. Suicide Squad is all about experimentation and trying stuff with lesser known characters, which is impossible to accomplish if we are constantly stuck with the same characters over and over again.

For a Superman villain who could appear, Bloodsport is an obvious pick just replace Deadshot with him, and for a tank Metallo would be perfect especially since his backstory as a former soldier would easily allow Waller to recruit him with little issue.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 04-06-2024 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    You mean other than Brainiac?
    Brainiac is not a members of the Suicide Squad, they set a SS game in Metropolis and didn’t have any plans to use a Superman villain even though that would’ve fit the story better. As is, part of the reason the story is underwhelming is half of the Squad has no real history with the Leaguers. They had to invent some feud between Deadshot and GL which didn’t work, and no one has any history with Superman.

Whole pitch of the Suicide Squad is the rotating roster, nobody is picking up a game for King Shark as seen with how this game flopped. They took plenty of creative liberties with this game, raceswapping Deadshot himself to start, pitting the Squad against a mind controlled JL, they had total freedom to put someone else on the Squad. Like Manta says, Metallo would have been a natural pick, Bloodsport instead of Deadshot as well. Failing that their choices for DLC villains is hilariously awful. Mrs. Freeze? Deadshot’s daughter? Those are who you choose instead of Killer Frost or a Superman villain? Rocksteady had no clue what they were doing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

You have your obvious Bloodsport and you can't say "well that be redundant" because they're going to give people Fakeshot daughter

Metallo or Parasite could work as tanks and metallo having a gun would not only make sense but also give a terminator vibe to him (not to mention all the different type of skins

Livewire would have a cool traversal being living lighting and all

but it goes back two points
    1) WB games & devs does give a f*** about superman. They made it very clear in the past in that they only care about the Batman and batman adjacent IP. If they didn't **** about him does anyone expect they do anything for his wider universe

2)They trying so despratly shill out to Arkham fans (despite it backfiring on them) hence all the batman rouge just uprooted and moved to metropolis so much so that they're no mention of any of superman rouge gallery (apart from a red cloud who already dead easter egg big whoop). Ivy, Penguin, Riddler, an asinine joker, a genderbent Mr. Freeze, Deathstroke, fakeshot, fakeshot daughter. Hell you get mention of Bane and Catwoman status in the game. This game wasn't build around Metropolis it was build for a different IP but when it became DC IP they couldn't do Gotham because how generic and different their sandbox was compere to Arkhamverse city so they went to the next famous DC city and fill it with memberry expect people to shill out
    Last edited by Venomized-spider-man; 04-06-2024 at 05:30 AM.

Brainiac is not a members of the Suicide Squad, they set a SS game in Metropolis and didn’t have any plans to use a Superman villain even though that would’ve fit the story better. As is, part of the reason the story is underwhelming is half of the Squad has no real history with the Leaguers. They had to invent some feud between Deadshot and GL which didn’t work, and no one has any history with Superman.
    Yeah, that's a problem to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    You have your obvious Bloodsport and you can't say "well that be redundant" because they're going to give people Fakeshot daughter

Metallo or Parasite could work as tanks and metallo having a gun would not only make sense but also give a terminator vibe to him (not to mention all the different type of skins

oooh Metallo as a Squadie is easy since you could tinker with his cybernetics to force him to do it.... it's already been done.

Livewire.... If Waller asks nicely... she could probably get Leslie to do it just asking. Also, the neck bomb idea really wouldn't work well on Livewire. You could write Livewire as a semi-merc who's actually in it because she wants to help out(albeit for selfish reasons). Also, Livewire can just fly, the electric form is a bonus! So you could have someone who regularly hovers mid-air while zapping things... and can flash step to lightning dodge attacks. Or as a way to bypass obstacles since she can travel through power lines.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 04-06-2024 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Well there is something to be said that only 4 playable characters was always too little for a squad. Honestly the marketable characters are an albatross on the series. Suicide Squad is all about experimentation and trying stuff with lesser known characters, which is impossible to accomplish if we are constantly stuck with the same characters over and over again.
    Whole pitch of the Suicide Squad is the rotating roster, nobody is picking up a game for King Shark as seen with how this game flopped. They took plenty of creative liberties with this game, raceswapping Deadshot himself to start, pitting the Squad against a mind controlled JL, they had total freedom to put someone else on the Squad. Like Manta says, Metallo would have been a natural pick, Bloodsport instead of Deadshot as well. Failing that their choices for DLC villains is hilariously awful. Mrs. Freeze? Deadshot’s daughter? Those are who you choose instead of Killer Frost or a Superman villain? Rocksteady had no clue what they were doing.
    WB just has no idea what they're doing with the Suicide Squad anymore. They're repeatedly trying and failing to push it as one of their premier marketable teams with major characters, which is dwindling down to just Waller and Harley. It just ends up pigeonholing the franchise, and we're left with a small team of characters who all survive the whole game, which is classically not the Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post

but it goes back two points
    1) WB games & devs does give a f*** about superman. They made it very clear in the past in that they only care about the Batman and batman adjacent IP. If they didn't **** about him does anyone expect they do anything for his wider universe

2)They trying so despratly shill out to Arkham fans (despite it backfiring on them) hence all the batman rouge just uprooted and moved to metropolis so much so that they're no mention of any of superman rouge gallery (apart from a red cloud who already dead easter egg big whoop). Ivy, Penguin, Riddler, an asinine joker, a genderbent Mr. Freeze, Deathstroke, fakeshot, fakeshot daughter. Hell you get mention of Bane and Catwoman status in the game. This game wasn't build around Metropolis it was build for a different IP but when it became DC IP they couldn't do Gotham because how generic and different their sandbox was compere to Arkhamverse city so they went to the next famous DC city and fill it with memberry expect people to shill out
    Metallo or Parasite would be perfect, Parasite would easily fill the tank role and could add a really cool power/damage sapping mechanic. Rocksteady just decided to play it too safe/lazy, not only by just using Batman characters but by sticking too closely with the (now defunct) DCEU versions of all these teams and characters. They shot themselves in the foot and then shot themselves in the other foot for good measure.

Now that I think about it, they probably should've done an XCom rendition of the SS game.

Like you'd get an actual squad dynamic with more characters for the roster, if it follows the Midnight Suns style you could implement every characters' abilities into gameplay instead of just "give character a gun and call it a day," you can go on missions like an actual SS, and include Permadeath so that if you lose a character they're permanently dead, like in an actual Squad mission.

What made the Suicide Squad such a great concept was that it was a team of D list villains who were sent on suicide missions and they could die on any given page. Once they start putting A list characters on the team or the D listers gain a sizeable fanbase it loses a lot of its magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I think about it, they probably should've done an XCom rendition of the SS game.

Like you'd get an actual squad dynamic with more characters for the roster, if it follows the Midnight Suns style you could implement every characters' abilities into gameplay instead of just "give character a gun and call it a day," you can go on missions like an actual SS, and include Permadeath so that if you lose a character they're permanently dead, like in an actual Squad mission.
    That didn't fair well for Midnight Suns. Xcom style gameplay and main stream superhero is a weird mix that im not sure share the same audience.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That didn't fair well for Midnight Suns. Xcom style gameplay and main stream superhero is a weird mix that im not sure share the same audience.
    Thats because Midnight Suns wasn't actually X-Com, it was doing a different type of gameplay compared to how X-Com did it.

I feel like that game's failure stems partly from the card system. The moment the card based gameplay was revealed people immediately called out microtransactions. Which the game does have, in the form of payable costume skins but the actual combat doesn't require paying.

But it could never shake off those fears even on release.

Amazing Member

King Shark started out as a Superboy villain, at least. Until Bloodsport in the last movie, there weren't many Superman villains with a strong association to the Suicide Squad. Parasite could have worked, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I think a strategy-based game, where you play as Waller or Flag and have to manage different Squads for different missions could be really fun, but I'm not sure how commercial it would be.

An always-online looter-shooter is not a game I would have considered playing even if the reviews were good, but I am a pretty big Suicide Squad fan. Even if it's not really anything new, it's kind of a shame to see so much negativity towards the team over this game.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Once they start putting A list characters on the team or the D listers gain a sizeable fanbase it loses a lot of its magic.
    I don't think the latter is a bad outcome. I like that a Suicide Squad story is just as likely to boost a D-lister as it is to kill them. As long as the fanbase doesn't get in the way of the intended story.
    Last edited by GamerSlyRatchet; 04-07-2024 at 05:19 PM.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I don't think the latter is a bad outcome. I like that a Suicide Squad story is just as likely to boost a D-lister as it is to kill them. As long as the fanbase doesn't get in the way of the intended story.
    Yeah it would make the character’s death more meaningful. I just meant that once a character gets over (to use a wrestling term) DC usually doesn’t have the balls to kill them off.