Page 408 of 693 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412418458508 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 10394

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They already have a potential buyer. But buying CW doesn't give them access to the content since WB/Cbs own it all. It's more about the channels and CWSeed.
    really? That's far less appealing. I would not pay top dollar for that. It's stil good distribution, but only a handful of companies could make that work and turn it into a smart investment. Otherwise someones is making a bad deal imo
    The J-man

With HBO Max off the ground, WB/DC doesn’t need CW the way they used to. The streaming services are desperate for content and the DC library is a potential cash cow.

Extraordinary Member

Lol....oh god.

So they skip Wonder Girl.

They skip Green Arrow and the Canaries.

They skip Painkiller.

They skip Amazon.

But somehow Justice U is supposed to be interesting? Come on now. We really gonna be getting Z list characters and original characters..
    I really wanted that painkiller show

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    With HBO Max off the ground, WB/DC doesn’t need CW the way they used to. The streaming services are desperate for content and the DC library is a potential cash cow.
    Are they desperate they have content and better variety then Disney Plus, they standout with their few giants
    This year alone HBOmax has Peacemaker, raised by wolves DMX the last of us, Pennyworth and House of Dragons. I prefer the variety.

For a season with a few allegories (or outright instances) of substance abuse, I'm surprised Young Justice hasn't introduced Rick Tyler yet.

Instead we get Stargirl and skip over most of the Infinity Inc. kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Neo noir Wakanda will always seem weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Oh, yeah, agreed.

Although at least in part for how ridiculously attractive Jordan Calloway is as the character

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Oh, yeah, agreed.

Although at least in part for how ridiculously attractive Jordan Calloway is as the character
    He really delivered as Painkiller. I feel bad for how the BL finale turned out for him.

Oh god, I forgot why I avoided this thread months ago and went back to catch up. Look, I'm no fan of Injustice, but everyone having such a happy good time giggling like schoolgirls in glee that the movie sucked and shat on the fandom of that franchise was truly fucking disgusting and off putting, and honestly is the sort of thing I only expect from anonymous trolls and thought this community was better. Yeah, that's why I was finished with this thread for so long. Glee that a fandom you don't like got a shitty deal. Really classy.

Hope that didn't take up too many pages here, still got a lot before I catch up and see if any worthwhile news came out in the past few months.

"Hawkman" is officially on Naomi.

This version hails from Thanagar, has metal wings made from a rare metal on his home planet and is "apart of him" so he can take them into his body at will.

Looks cool. I hope Shayera gets in there as well.

One very minor nitpick is that I wish somebody would cast a Hawkman who doesn't look tough or intimidating without the helmet.

DC not allowing Bart to be gay. Classic.

They allow YJ all kinds of changes but they draw the line at this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Even then, it's honestly kinda repetitive, didn't help in making the crap pacing in the arc much better.
    It didn't feel that way to me at all. First time we see him, he's struggling to sleep, then he is skipping missions, later buying drugs to sleep more, then we see his acting career faltering and then later we see him sabotaging his relationship. We are watching his life slowly spiral downwards.

Yeah, whoever was the girl originally is dead, Kenny-girl herself is a mother box reincarnated in a biological body, while Cyborg has Father Box.

Kenny-Girl herself is also the key to getting the Anti-Life Equation for some reason.
    Ugh, does everything have to be tied up in the New Gods/Anti Life/Darkseid? The original concept was good enough as it was. This just makes the universe feel smaller. And I haaate the fact that the Mother Box has an entire family tree now.

Maybe it's because her other options are either Dick, Bruce, or Jason, so Barbara settles for the one with maybe the smaller headache .
    lol, Dick might be a nice guy but he probably has the most tumultuous romantic history out of anyone in the DCU save for Kyle Rayner. First there was the whole drama with him not opening up to Kory then later leaving him because he didn't want a polyamorous relationship, Mirage raping him, the marriage with Kory that ended up in disaster, later they even retconned that he slept with Babs prior to the wedding with Kory, he got raped by Tarantula, even his relationship with Babs had some soap operatic moments with Babs constantly getting jealous of him being with other women, his original relationship with Huntress with it turning out that she was just using him to get closer to the Bat Family, never mind all the women he was with in between all these story arcs. I've joked in the past that Dick more defined by his romantic relationships than he is by a rogues gallery or specific comic book story arcs.

I actually see Zee's relationship with Bruce more favorably than others. They're friends in the present day, they may have dated a little in the past and it also added to Zee's character by showing that the Zatara's had skills that even a mortal like Bruce could learn. And the great thing is, she can always zap back to San Francisco if Bruce's bullshit gets too much for her.

Nothing good has ever happened with characters getting caught up in Dick Grayson romantic web. :P

Too bad being part of the League in YJ means you're gonna suck.

Hell, even Kaldur'ahm, who was pretty good in season 1, and hyper competent in season 2, became an useless moron by season 3, even though he's supposed to be good enough to be one of the League's leaders lol.

In-universe being part of the League is a badge of honor, out-of-universe, man...
    Yeah, that's my main problem with young hero teams. The adult always has to look bad for the young ones to succeed.

To be fair, YJ does its own thing at times, Wally ending up with Artemis when his biggest love interest is Linda, and Conner, who while he doesn't have a fixed love interest, he ends up with M'gann of all people, and I don't even think they met in the comics lol.

Dick is more popular than either, but thanks to TT, his most popular ship is Kory, but he settled for Barbara in YJ.
    I really wish Linda would get her due in an adaptation one day.

Conner was paired with Cassie in the comics. I wonder if they paired her with M'gann because they couldn't use the Wonder Girls in the first two seasons.

I think Dick/Babs and Dick/Kory are neck to neck at this point. The former has the DCAU and YJ while the latter has the Teen Titans show and the Nu52 movies.

"Hawkman" is officially on Naomi.

This version hails from Thanagar, has metal wings made from a rare metal on his home planet and is "apart of him" so he can take them into his body at will.

I mean, emphasis on the quotation marks. He's a Thangarian but he's not Katar Hol (as far as I'm aware), so he's not really Hawkman.
    DC not allowing Bart to be gay. Classic.

They allow Tim Drake and Jon Kent to be Bi in-comics but won't let Bart be in a relationship on YJ? Huh.
    To be fair, YJ does its own thing at times, Wally ending up with Artemis when his biggest love interest is Linda, and Conner, who while he doesn't have a fixed love interest, he ends up with M'gann of all people, and I don't even think they met in the comics lol.
    I don't know about "fixed" but his main comic love interests are Tana Moon and Cassie Sandmsark/Wonder Girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It didn't feel that way to me at all. First time we see him, he's struggling to sleep, then he is skipping missions, later buying drugs to sleep more, then we see his acting career faltering and then later we see him sabotaging his relationship. We are watching his life slowly spiral downwards.
    I get that they're trying to emphasize his life falling apart, but I really feel like they could've condensed it so we could give more screentime to other stuff...although it didn't seem like they cared about developing Zatanna much, so that probably wouldn't have helped her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Oh, yeah, agreed.

WB should use him for somthing else

Even then, it's honestly kinda repetitive, didn't help in making the crap pacing in the arc much better.

Yeah, whoever was the girl originally is dead, Kenny-girl herself is a mother box reincarnated in a biological body, while Cyborg has Father Box.

Kenny-Girl herself is also the key to getting the Anti-Life Equation for some reason.

Maybe it's because her other options are either Dick, Bruce, or Jason, so Barbara settles for the one with maybe the smaller headache .

Too bad being part of the League in YJ means you're gonna suck.

Hell, even Kaldur'ahm, who was pretty good in season 1, and hyper competent in season 2, became an useless moron by season 3, even though he's supposed to be good enough to be one of the League's leaders lol.

In-universe being part of the League is a badge of honor, out-of-universe, man...

Dick is more popular than either, but thanks to TT, his most popular ship is Kory, but he settled for Barbara in YJ.

Well, with how Wally gets disrespected, it wouldn't be out of place, at least .
    Yeah I think Beast Boy screentimes could be adjusted. Whole 5 episodes but he feels seem stuck with his deppresion. Also the placement that disrupting high tempo sequences is annoy people I guess. I admire Greg for try to depict Deppresion realistically as possible but I guess he also need to balance it with entertainment for audiences factor.

About Justice League membership effects maybe You are right. Zatanna actions at season 2 that cleanse the Beetles and helping the Outsider Kids against Klarion after completely frustrated with the irresponsibility of the other adults is outside JL modus operandi and restrictive operation area xd, infiltrating the temple and using glamour spell on Cuba. Bialya and Cuba surely against any JL members that put their feet on both countries soil.
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 01-19-2022 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

I get that, but who is going to pay top dollar for the CW? It's not a great long-term investment. Ratings wise it's always lagged behind the other major networks ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox. It still has broadcast carriage and will continue to have station carriage, so that's appealing, but that's all it has. CW on its own does not have an impressive digital footprint, and everything is going Digital these days.

Over the air, tv will still exist, so there is money to be made, but it's a completely different ball game than it was years ago. I just can't see a big company going after CW without the content library, unless it's a lowball deal. With the content library, you could potentially see CW selling in the billions without it, someone like Nexstar or Sinclair or Hearst could scoop it up for a few hundred million.

I hope it's not Sinclair.
    The J-man

Finally caught up on the thread. So much Young Justice talk...

Kind of interesting that they want to sell off the CW. Be an end of an era of DC television.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They allow YJ all kinds of changes but they draw the line at this?
    Specially considering Tim and Jon were made into bi characters in the comics, Impulse is far, far smaller than they are, so it's kinda odd they drew the line there lol.

I dunno, just weird for this magic related arc where nothing happens also wastes time in this unrelated character.

It's also a bit harder to believe he's that messed up over Conner's death when they barely had on-screen interactions before season 4 lol.

I don't mind it that much, but I can see why other people wouldn't like it.

Ugh, does everything have to be tied up in the New Gods/Anti Life/Darkseid? The original concept was good enough as it was. This just makes the universe feel smaller.
    Welcome to Weisman-verse, where we make unnecessary connections for the sake of trimming down ****, including stuff like making Silver Sable be Silvermane's daughter.

Admitedly, that is the one connection between two unrelated groups in Spectacular Spider-Man that is jarring, but, yeah, it shows the silly problem with Weisman, and then we got all that bullshit with Vandal in """""Zatanna's"""""" arc, a friend of mine even joked that the "Medula Jewel" are his balls in YJ-verse .

And I haaate the fact that the Mother Box has an entire family tree now.
    How so? I know Kirby didn't come up with Father Box, but all they did was use the New 52 origin for Cyborg and give him Father Box, while Kenny-Girl gets Mother Box.

Maybe it'll go too far if we get Uncle Box or somethin', but I don't think we're getting that lol.

lol, Dick might be a nice guy but he probably has the most tumultuous romantic history out of anyone in the DCU save for Kyle Rayner. First there was the whole drama with him not opening up to Kory then later leaving him because he didn't want a polyamorous relationship, Mirage raping him, the marriage with Kory that ended up in disaster, later they even retconned that he slept with Babs prior to the wedding with Kory, he got raped by Tarantula, even his relationship with Babs had some soap operatic moments with Babs constantly getting jealous of him being with other women, his original relationship with Huntress with it turning out that she was just using him to get closer to the Bat Family, never mind all the women he was with in between all these story arcs. I've joked in the past that Dick more defined by his romantic relationships than he is by a rogues gallery or specific comic book story arcs.
    Okay, if we're talking about "romantic" history, let's not include the times he got raped.

And hey, I said "Maybe the smaller headache", Barbara didn't know what she was getting into, or who knows, maybe she did and decided to wait for him to stop being such a manwhore .

I actually see Zee's relationship with Bruce more favorably than others. They're friends in the present day, they may have dated a little in the past and it also added to Zee's character by showing that the Zatara's had skills that even a mortal like Bruce could learn. And the great thing is, she can always zap back to San Francisco if Bruce's bullshit gets too much for her.

Nothing good has ever happened with characters getting caught up in Dick Grayson romantic web. :P
    Talk about irony lol.

It'd be even more ironic if Barbara ending up with Jason was more beneficial to her than being with Dick, but wasn't the case.

Yeah, that's my main problem with young hero teams. The adult always has to look bad for the young ones to succeed.
    The annoying this is that, season 1 handled it better than the rest, and the League's highlight is season 1 episode 14, where just the League showing up makes the Injustice League give up, so at least there was something to make them look alright.

Even then, we still have season 1 episode 5, where Batman says it took the League 4 hours to defeat him, and the one footage they show, has Superman being grabbed by Amazon, him spinning Supes around, and other heroes running into Amazo and getting hit like they're a bunch of moronic jobbers... And then when the Team itself fights Amazo, it probably doesn't even take 2 hours, and even if it did take that long, most of the fight was Conner getting beaten up, once the Team showed up, the battle ended in minutes...

Another one from season 1 itself is the whole Red Tornado situation, where he's kidnapped, the League investigates it, gets nothing for a bunch of episodes, and when the Team decides to investigate it, they find him in a matter of hours.

So yeah, the season where they look the best, still makes them look like a bunch of losers, and it only got worse from there, 'cause afterwards, they only had Zatanna to make 'em look alright in seasons 2 and 3, and now even she is not doing that in season 4 lol.

I really wish Linda would get her due in an adaptation one day.
    It'd be difficult 'cause Wally only really shows up in team settings, and the hero side gets the focus in these.

Not that it excuses YJ, Conner and M'gann got episodes in high school and some development happened there, Wally could always get that too and meet Linda there, but they decided to have him dating Artemis.

Can't even excuse that having Wally dating Linda would potentially be poorly developed, every romance here that isn't Conner/M'gann is poorly developed, there are no standards here lol.

Conner was paired with Cassie in the comics. I wonder if they paired her with M'gann because they couldn't use the Wonder Girls in the first two seasons.
    They actually could use Wonder Girls by season 2, Cassie shows up and has slightly more focus than you'd expect.

Wonder Girls were also available in season 1 itself, but from what I hear, when DC authorized them to use 'em, it was too late to include Donna on the Team, and having Conner date Cassie by the time season 2 happens would be odd when the relationship with M'gann was already defined, at best, they could go for "M'gann was a first love" angle.

I think Dick/Babs and Dick/Kory are neck to neck at this point. The former has the DCAU and YJ while the latter has the Teen Titans show and the Nu52 movies.
    DCAU is weird 'cause they also pushed Bruce to end up with Barbara, and that one certainly got more infamous over time lol.

Also, I know Dick and Barbara are together in YJ but, I don't remember them interacting much in season 3, much less doing so in a romantic way... Huh, maybe their relationship is only slightly better than Tim/Cassie, and I didn't notice 'cause Tim/Cassie is even worse, I could be wrong though.

So yeah, if they didn't interact much in season 3, that'd be kinda a point against them but, shippers can be delusional and have a specific ship be really popular even if the relationship sucks, or if there's no relationship, 'cause I hear Cassie and Jamie is a popular ship, even though I'm sure the only really briefly interact in a tie-in comic and never in the cartoon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They allow Tim Drake and Jon Kent to be Bi in-comics but won't let Bart be in a relationship on YJ? Huh.
    Weisman said he's dating someone, just, not who lol.

I don't know about "fixed" but his main comic love interests are Tana Moon and Cassie Sandmsark/Wonder Girl.
    I think they'd better avoid using Tana at all, even in other adaptations, unless she's aged down, or he's aged up lol.

I get that they're trying to emphasize his life falling apart, but I really feel like they could've condensed it so we could give more screentime to other stuff...although it didn't seem like they cared about developing Zatanna much, so that probably wouldn't have helped her.
    They would rather develop everyone else in the cast, but Zatanna can **** off, she had it too good in the previous seasons .

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    About Justice League membership effects maybe You are right. Zatanna actions at season 2 that cleanse the Beetles and helping the Outsider Kids against Klarion after completely frustrated with the irresponsibility of the other adults is outside JL modus operandi and restrictive operation area xd, infiltrating the temple and using glamour spell on Cuba. Bialya and Cuba surely against any JL members that put their feet on both countries soil.
    She actually did okay for a JL member in season 2, hell, after she's knocked out by Despero, as soon as she wakes up, she defeats him, then in season 3, she's also the one who defeats Klarion.

So yeah, for a League member, she did well enough, then ironically was kinda useless in her own damn arc and the MVP of the arc who defeated Child was fucking Thirteen lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Finally caught up on the thread. So much Young Justice talk...
    Yeah a lot of that is me starting the conversations lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then