Page 292 of 693 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342392 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Um, I watched the show when it first aired in '73, yet experienced the WWW while still in my twenties. Do you think kids back then were born middle-aged?
    Actually, I assumed most of the DC fans who were children when the Super Friends aired love it because nostalgia - meaning the people who hated it were older fans, and I mean older when the show aired in 73. So technically you're still too young.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Only kids were watching it, though, so I'm not sure about that.
    I mean, isn't that the same for Teen Titans Go, and yet...

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Actually, I assumed most of the DC fans who were children when the Super Friends aired love it because nostalgia - meaning the people who hated it were older fans, and I mean older when the show aired in 73. So technically you're still too young.
    I mean, isn't that the same for Teen Titans Go, and yet...
    I'm not sure that many older people watched those shows back then because they were so juvenile. I loved those old Saturday morning cartoons and Super Friends was my favorite, but I really can't watch any of them today for entertainment value.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

So JJ Abrams just said it's probably a good idea to have a plan when you're working on a multi-million dollar multi movie franchise.

https://collider.com/jj-abrams-star-...plan-comments/

This guy is doing the new Superman and in charge of the JLD shows and movies. From Star Trek to Star Wars to Superman and JLD. The guy sure knows how to fail upwards.
    Last edited by John Venus; 05-26-2021 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So JJ Abrams just said it's probably a good idea to have a plan when you're working on a multi-million multi movie franchise.

https://collider.com/jj-abrams-star-...plan-comments/

This guy is doing the new Superman and in charge of the JLD shows and movies. From Star Trek to Star Wars to Superman and JLD. This guy sure knows how to fail upwards.
    Eh, his first movie per franchise tends to be good before things go to hell in the sequels. And at least he's not wrong. Just not sure he's the right guy to be making the plan...

Eh, his first movie per franchise tends to be good before things go to hell in the sequels. And at least he's not wrong. Just not sure he's the right guy to be making the plan...
    The mind boggling part is that he only realise that now! How many years this guy been in the industry?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Lee Toland Krieger To Direct First Two Episodes Of ‘Green Lantern’ HBO Max Series
    Green Lantern marks Krieger’s first project for HBO Max and continues his frequent collaboration with Berlanti Productions and WBTV. Most recently, he directed the pilot and second episode of the DC drama Superman & Lois. He previously directed the first three episodes and the first-season finale of Riverdale, the first two episodes of the dramatic thriller You, the first two episodes of the supernatural horror Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and the pilot of the drama Prodigal Son. He also directed the first two episodes of Netflix’s Shadow and Bone and directed the feature films The Age of Adaline and Celeste & Jesse Forever. Krieger is represented by UTA, Anonymous Content, and Nelson Davis.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

First look at Camrus Johnson as Batwing:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The mind boggling part is that he only realise that now! How many years this guy been in the industry?
    Well, arguably, his experiences with Star Trek and Star Wars would only alert him to that issue taken together afterwards - while Star Trek Into Darkness is easily mocked and ridiculed, it still actually made a bit more money than the first one, and arguably the big problem of the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy was The Last Jedi being the worst possible second entry someone else could make to a story, dooming the last film no matter what it contained. I’m discounting Lost here on the basis that he wasn’t actually its show runner and only really helped develop the initial pilot.

On Star Trek, Abrams was still just making a regular sequel, rather than a “part 2 of 3”. On Star Wars, Abrams asked questions he probably would have used obvious but substantial answers for, but then saw how people more interested in shock and surprise would torpedo that.

He needs to figure out if he’s telling a series of standalones - in which case, planning ahead genuinely isn’t as important, but mystery boxes are genuinely unhelpful - or if he’s telling a continuous story and needs to actually know where he’s going.

With Superman, figuring that out is important.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Oh, so he's not a wimp anymore? Cool.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Depends on what he was told when he was hired.

A company looking for a trilogy would let you know from the jump. Meaning you make a film that can stand alone (Star Trek) that can lead to others.

Or you are making a film (Star Wars) where it's EXPECTED to be a trilogy.

Excluding Star Trek 2 & 3-all those movies were stand alone films.

You didn't have to explain a new Enterprise. Although they never explained why the USS Enterprise was MIA during a certain Dominion War. Yet Worf still found time to be in two movies and fight in that war on tv.

This guy is doing the new Superman and in charge of the JLD shows and movies. From Star Trek to Star Wars to Superman and JLD. This guy sure knows how to fail upwards.
    The bigger the franchise the more cooks come in to screw it up. Expectations for Superman are HIGHER then JLD.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Depends on what he was told when he was hired.

A company looking for a trilogy would let you know from the jump. Meaning you make a film that can stand alone (Star Trek) that can lead to others.

Or you are making a film (Star Wars) where it's EXPECTED to be a trilogy.

Excluding Star Trek 2 & 3-all those movies were stand alone films.

You didn't have to explain a new Enterprise. Although they never explained why the USS Enterprise was MIA during a certain Dominion War. Yet Worf still found time to be in two movies and fight in that war on tv.
    Everybody knew we were getting a Star Wars new trilogy, but he didn't plain everything from the beginning. It's not something that he do sporadically, he like what he call "The Mystery Box", AKA set a lot of questions that you had no idea what the answers are and think about that later, but it never really works in the long run. He should know that by the time he was hired to work on SW.

You would though he learn his lesson with Lost, but he kept doing until it exploded in his face with the Rise of Skywalker.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Not giving Abrams the benefit of the doubt here, but what went wrong with the sequels wasn't entirely on him. A lot of the problems began when they gave Rian Johnson a large amount of creative freedom to do whatever the hell he wanted, only to have to a complete 180 in the new movie after audiences were divided. A lot of the plot points in Rise of Skywalker seem like something you'd get out of a focus group on the topic of "fixing" Last Jedi, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of executive influence on that one. Or at least more than there was previously. We already know the original plan for the third movie was thrown out and redone from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Not giving Abrams the benefit of the doubt here, but what went wrong with the sequels wasn't entirely on him. A lot of the problems began when they gave Rian Johnson a large amount of creative freedom to do whatever the hell he wanted, only to have to a complete 180 in the new movie after audiences were divided. A lot of the plot points in Rise of Skywalker seem like something you'd get out of a focus group on the topic of "fixing" Last Jedi, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of executive influence on that one. Or at least more than there was previously. We already know the original plan for the third movie was thrown out and redone from scratch.
    Yeah, i don't put the blame of failure of these new movies on his shoulders alone, but he himself came to the conclusion that he should had planned better.

I'm willing to bet that he didn't knew who Rey's parent were, how Maz Kanata had Luke\Anakin saber or all the answers to the other questions he raise during the first movie.

Even Maz Kanata says "A Good Question For Another Time" AKA "That's someone else's problem"

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

This costume looks good, but the helmet looks big. The same problem that Red Hood costume from Titans had.

Also, doesn't look like a High-Tech armor, but it's acceptable taking the budget of the show in consideration.