Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
Controversial opinion ahead:

I can't speak for the Batman stuff, but a lot of it has to do with the creators being forced to base their content on Geoff Johns' whack storylines. Justice League: Origin did not deserve its own animated feature. The comic was embarrassing enough, and did not deserve to be touted as something to entice a more general audience. The same goes for Flashpoint. Back in the heyday of the DCAU, Bruce Timm and co. were allowed the creative freedom to more or less do and adapt what they wanted to, and tell their own stories. This, no doubt, gave them more passion for their projects, and since their writers and producers are better storytellers than most comic writers, it allowed for better stories and a better product than what we're seeing today.

It would behoove DC to allow Timm to do what he wants and not force him to adapt Johns' stories and Justice League. I think they are allowing Timm more freedom with Gods and Monsters. Hopefully things turn around with the return of Timm and his new projects. I mean, really, who the hell is Geoff Johns compared to the guy behind Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League and Justice League Unlimited!?
Timm was never allowed to do what he wants, don't be delusional.
All their animated movies were adapted from famed story lines.