Page 13 of 693 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It doesn't matter that it's limiting, what matters is making money. The question they would ask is never "how can we profit with our other properties" but rather "why risk money on our other properties when this one property does so well so consistently and others haven't". Not saying it is good but that's more in line with the thought processes of a business.
    Well one thing we never ask is can everyone find the dvd in question? We can't limit ourselves to well you order it online or ship to the store mind set.

There are folks who can't or don't do that.

What you can get in your city will vary from what I can get in my. it is not as simple as it didn't sell. It might be no one knew about it or it was never stocked.

Young Justice season sets-excluding the public library-2 stores carried those dvds.

I didn't see Wonder Woman's Dvd until I saw it in used book stores 6 years later. Don't ask me about Green Lantern the animated series.

The only stuff I see in BULK is Batman and New 52 Justice League dvds. And Batman burnout is slowly creeping up and it's not just fans saying but store owners who are getting tired of him.

Also a complaint I have heard about many of the DC dvd is length.

I'm sorry I will not pay 14 bucks for a 76 min dvd or 20 bucks for 4 episodes. That is what is hurting a lot of DC products.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well one thing we never ask is can everyone find the dvd in question? We can't limit ourselves to well you order it online or ship to the store mind set.

There are folks who can't or don't do that.

What you can get in your city will vary from what I can get in my. it is not as simple as it didn't sell. It might be no one knew about it or it was never stocked.

Young Justice season sets-excluding the public library-2 stores carried those dvds.

I didn't see Wonder Woman's Dvd until I saw it in used book stores 6 years later. Don't ask me about Green Lantern the animated series.

The only stuff I see in BULK is Batman and New 52 Justice League dvds. And Batman burnout is slowly creeping up and it's not just fans saying but store owners who are getting tired of him.

Also a complaint I have heard about many of the DC dvd is length.

I'm sorry I will not pay 14 bucks for a 76 min dvd or 20 bucks for 4 episodes. That is what is hurting a lot of DC products.
    Yeah, but these aren't quite the same things. Maybe the Batman films had those same issues and still did better? Maybe many stores didn't want to push lesser known brands like Young Justice but would prefer more Batman product instead? These are questions and answers we don't really know. All we know is Batman makes more money more quickly, and that is what WB/DC focuses on rather than on why other properties didn't do as well. DC cares less about what might hurt their products than what products make them more money.
    Again, I'm not saying that's a good thing, just saying how it probably works out.

Also, 14 bucks for a new 76 minute movie isn't that bad of a deal. Really? Well, to each their own.

DC & WB launches DC Super Hero Girls Initiative!

http://community.comicbookresources....uot-Initiative

Great news!
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

NBC to Stream the Entire S1 of Constantine!

Watch & Support!

Up to you now. Watch & rewatch the **** out of #Constantine. Streams on NBC, Hulu & VOD for LIMITED time. We need NEW VIEWERS. #Hellblazers
    Via Daniel Cerone

The streaming event on NBC, Hulu, & VOD begins on Friday, April 23. If you've never seen Constantine before, you should probably watch it. It's free and you can watch it whatever device you're reading this on. If you're a fan of the show, now is the time to make your voice heard. Rewatch the heck out of the first season and tell your friends.
    Source: http://www.comicvine.com/articles/nb...i/1100-152072/

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    NBC to Stream the Entire S1 of Constantine!

Watch & Support!

Via Daniel Cerone

Source: http://www.comicvine.com/articles/nb...i/1100-152072/
    I don't have internet at home, so my time's limited and I already watched it on TV, but I hope it gets a lot of views. I know a lot of people have commented elsewhere that it was dull/average/whatever, but I really was digging this show a lot. I know it's unlikely, but I've still got my fingers crossed for a season 2.

Franz Drameh joins Flash/Arrow Spinoff

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...harrow-spinoff

Jay Jackson? Doesn't ring any bells.

High school athelete who suffers an injury sounds like Cyborg but more likely Amazing-Man. The first AM, Will Everett, was an Olympic athlete who got injured and ended up as a janitor in a lab. He was involved in one of those classic superhero lab accidents and gained his ability. Maybe he's an all new hero or a new take on Amazing Man. There have been four different people who were Amazing-Man at one time or another so creating a new alter ego wouldn't be that big a deal.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-23-2015 at 01:41 PM.

Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts

Interview with Heath Corson [Writer]

So, how did you come up with the lineup?

We bounced around a bunch of different versions of the lineup. We knew there was going to be Batman and there was going to be a Bat Family sidekick, whether it was going to be Red Robin or whether it was going to be Nightwing. And I said, "Can't we do both, and have sort of like an older brother/younger brother relationship with them?"

From there, I think they knew they wanted Green Arrow, and I think they knew they wanted Flash, so it just sort of came together. They were like, "We really like these guys, and we want to do new versions of them -- can they fit in here?" But it's always hard when you work with an ensemble because you want to make sure everybody gets good character moments and everyone's there for a good reason, and you service all the characters.

What inspired the animal-themed villain team?

Actually, we were knocking around the villains, and Sam Register, God bless the man, said, "I want to put together a team of villains that have never been put together before." He was really liking the idea of doing them thematically, like, do all the animal guys. He was like, "Who are all the animal guys who have never worked together that we can use that will surprise people?" And so there's even a moment... where we have a misdirect, where you see a cat woman breaking into a jewelry store, stealing jewelry, and Nightwing thinks he's stopping Catwoman. But she says, you know, "No, there's more than one cat villain in Gotham." So it ends up being Cheetah, which was really fun. I got to put together a whole team of just completely different guys that have never worked together before, and that's always really fun.

Are you looking at this as a continuing series, perhaps?

There might be. There might be more down the road, I don't know. I can neither confirm nor deny that. [Laughs]

You brought in Cheetah, and I notice that it's fairly dude-heavy on the hero side. Hypothetically, if there were to be sequels, is that a thing they're looking at? Because Vixen is also animal related.

Right, I would love to do that. I think that's a great idea. I would love to have -- I talked a lot about having Batgirl in it, or having Wonder Woman in it, or having some presence. I think that's a really good idea moving forward.

So looking at all of the various versions of DC Comics adaptations out there, each probably has their own unique fan base. Which one would you point to and say, "If you're a fan of this, this 'Batman Unlimited' is going to be for you?"

I think it's family-friendly, if you're looking for something to watch with your young kids, I think it's great for the whole family, there's fun for mom, dad, the kids. I just think it's big, loud fun in the way that we haven't seen that audience served for a while.
    Read more: http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...s-inner-animal

Any news on Constantine? I'm guessing we might as well say our farewells to Matt Ryan.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Titans Retitled to 'Blackbirds'?

A couple of months after the rumored pilot order by TNT -which has never been confirmed by the network so far- Geoff Johns , one of the writers of Titans, answered to a fan on Twitter that it will be shot in 2015.

The Warner Horizon project adapted from DC Comics’ famous Teen Titans series focuses on Dick Grayson, who emerges from the shadow of Batman to become Nightwing, the leader of a fearless band of new super heroes including Starfire, Raven and many others. Probably better suited for the CW, which has already found success in Arrow and The Flash, Titans is the clear proof that TNT is looking for younger viewers after the cancellations of Dallas, Franklin & Bash and some others that struggled to attract the demo. The channel ordered mostly supernatural drama pilots, since their last successes are genre shows Falling Skies & The Last Ship. The casting process on Titans has already started. The question is: will the superheroes stay teens in this version? Not so sure. The shorter title already looks like a clue.
    http://season-zero.com/titans-creato...-comics-pilot/

Note: I am not familiar with the author or the site; can't vouch for him. So, this could be a false news.
    Last edited by Triple J; 04-28-2015 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    Any news on Constantine? I'm guessing we might as well say our farewells to Matt Ryan.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/...-go-yesterday/

Sounds like there is still a glimmer of hope. At least they showed NBC that the show has gained a dedicated fanbase.

If the show comes back they need to move it to weds or Thursday to get a bump from the Arrow/Flash/Agents of SHIELD audience.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-28-2015 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/...-go-yesterday/

Sounds like there is still a glimmer of hope. At least they showed NBC that the show has gained a dedicated fanbase.

If the show comes back they need to move it to weds or Thursday to get a bump from the Arrow/Flash/Agents of SHIELD audience.
    Why would it get a bump from that audience on Wednesday (which has Arrow only) or Thursday (which has none of those shows).
    I kind of liked having it on after Grimm.
    Just for the love of god don't have it on Tuesdays (no way it couldn't conflict with the time slots for Flash, SHIELD, and Person of Interest).

Justice League: Gods and Monsters S2 Greenlit!

"Justice League: Gods And Monsters Chronicles," a series of animated shorts that feature much darker versions of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, will air a second season in 2016, according to Bleeding Cool.

A collaboration between Warner Bros., DC Comics and Machinima, the series is executive produced by Bruce Timm and co-produced by Alan Burnett, both producers on the revered "Batman: The Animated Series." The first season was announced last September, promising "a newly conceived reality in the DC Universe where Justice League members Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are much darker versions of the Super Heroes that people think they know." More specifically, Superman is the son of General Zod, Wonder Woman is a New God and Batman is Kirk Langstrom, who inadvertently turned himself into a sort of vampire while attempting to cure his own cancer.

The animated series, "Justice League: Gods And Monsters Chronicles," will precede the straight-to-home video, full-length feature "Justice League: Gods And Monsters." Both the series and the film have already inspired an action figure line and a prequel comic series.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...les-season-two

Interesting, I didn't realize that there was going to be a movie and a tv series. Well, that sounds awesome

I do hope that this inspires more animated stuff from DC (TV series in particular). I believe we might get something JL related by the time JL film rolls around.

Fantastic Member

In DC's Hero Project, Fans Will Compete to Create Live-Action Starman- http://comicbook.com/2015/05/04/in-d...e-action-star/
    #4Hero Takes DC Comics' Dial H for Hero Into Digital Age in Live-Action Series- http://comicbook.com/2015/05/04/-4he...-age-in-live-/