Page 305 of 687 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355405 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 10304

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    how old is Bruce supposed to be in this clip?
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Heck, maybe I will see the comic come to life when I watch it .
    I wouldn't hazard to guess for you. I just know I for sure as hell did not.

Sorry you didn't enjoy it as a massive fan of the story.
    Eh, it's probably just the decrease in budget. They don't put the money into it like they once did. Or something. I know they can make movies I love, they used to. And I don't think I've changed any. It's just most of these main line movies aren't resonating with me. Like I said, it sucks for me, but I can't make them go back to doing these movies a certain way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, it's probably just the decrease in budget. They don't put the money into it like they once did. Or something. I know they can make movies I love, they used to. And I don't think I've changed any. It's just most of these main line movies aren't resonating with me. Like I said, it sucks for me, but I can't make them go back to doing these movies a certain way.
    Well, I'm satisfied with the production values I'm seeing but maybe it's just that I like the art style and execution that I've seen from the clips.

Well, I'm satisfied with the production values I'm seeing but maybe it's just that I like the art style and execution that I've seen from the clips.
    The art style definitely throws me off. I've complained about it before - it just looks so darn flat to me, and doesn't look interesting to me at all. All I can say to its benefit is "it's mostly serviceable" which isn't really what you want to say about a visual medium.

The art style definitely throws me off. I've complained about it before - it just looks so darn flat to me, and doesn't look interesting to me at all. All I can say to its benefit is "it's mostly serviceable" which isn't really what you want to say about a visual medium.
    It's really grown on me personally .

I quite like it myself. They depict a great Gotham and a great Metropolis and if you’ve got an art style that can capture both, I think that’s a good thing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It has not grown on me personally. But hey, can't make everyone happy - I loved the previous art style and a lot of people hated it throughout that run.

It has not grown on me personally. But hey, can't make everyone happy - I loved the previous art style and a lot of people hated it throughout that run.
    Bourassa style? I feel like I'm the only one who still liked it by the end .

Bourassa style? I feel like I'm the only one who still liked it by the end .
    Nope, I always liked it. My only problem with it ever was some of the costumes were too messy (but then, that was just the nu52 influence so I didn't hold that against the style) and just seeing it most movies - a problem this new style will develop over time as we see it almost every DC movie for the next 5 to 10 years. But baseline I just liked Bourassa's style more and am not sure why so many others here always seemed to hate it. It's definitely miles better in my opinion than this flat, bold lined thing I've got to settle for now. These movies may turn out good story wise, character wise, and action wise, but art wise this will never be a plus for me. I just don't feel this art style at all.

Nope, I always liked it. My only problem with it ever was some of the costumes were too messy (but then, that was just the nu52 influence so I didn't hold that against the style) and just seeing it most movies - a problem this new style will develop over time as we see it almost every DC movie for the next 5 to 10 years. But baseline I just liked Bourassa's style more and am not sure why so many others here always seemed to hate it. It's definitely miles better in my opinion than this flat, bold lined thing I've got to settle for now. These movies may turn out good story wise, character wise, and action wise, but art wise this will never be a plus for me. I just don't feel this art style at all.
    My only problem with it is how many designs he ended up reusing between it and Young Justice.

My only problem with it is how many designs he ended up reusing between it and Young Justice.
    Eh, they were similar, but most of them had minor differences.

Eh, they were similar, but most of them had minor differences.
    Shiva wears pants .

But baseline I just liked Bourassa's style more and am not sure why so many others here always seemed to hate it.
    Probably because it was the first consistent house style after the super stylized Timmverse designs. Anything following up on that would have had a hard time being accepted (heck, TNBA designs themselves were initially considered a step down from the BTAS designs).

The current style does lend itself better to more atmospheric settings. Justice Society and TLH Part One were where I ended up liking it quite a lot. Those two films showcased its versatility pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Probably because it was the first consistent house style after the super stylized Timmverse designs. Anything following up on that would have had a hard time being accepted (heck, TNBA designs themselves were initially considered a step down from the BTAS designs).

The current style does lend itself better to more atmospheric settings. Justice Society and TLH Part One were where I ended up liking it quite a lot. Those two films showcased its versatility pretty well.
    Well if true that's just not fair or right. Had to move away from the DCAU sometime.

Eh, I think the background/scenery does more to establish the atmosphere than the character designs. Literally the setting gives off an atmospheric setting, the characters...again, it's just too flat to evoke much of anything for me.

Not like we needed further confirmation but spoilers:
    Flash and Green Arrow show up in a TLH post credit scene. We’re definitely getting a JL movie where the team comes together for the first time in this new shared universe. Wonder what story they’ll draw on for it?
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/