Page 452 of 693 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 10395
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    They wanted to "bolster" their gaming so I don't see them canceling a game that would do that. If Monolith is negatively impacted in the long run I see WW still being carried out until it's finished. Unless it's made zero headway in development since its announcement and I remember reading the studio normally reveals a year-ish before release but I could be wrong.

I think selling off the IPs and studios is to increase the development of games, which I'm for, I just hope jobs aren't lost in the process of this.
    We know that to not be true because of Hogwarts legacy, Gotham Knights, Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League,

There is no E4 this year so we won’t get an opportunity for news until October DCFandome, but they tend to be tight lipped on thease matters. WB will stay silent on a project for an extended time, until talent slips somthing is not continuing. WB also has canceled drop games while in development, such as that Arkham City 4. Injustice 3 is in the pipeline until they are more certain on WBs future according to netherealms

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    We know that to not be true because of Hogwarts legacy, Gotham Knights, Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League,

There is no E4 this year so we won’t get an opportunity for news until October DCFandome, but they tend to be tight lipped on thease matters. WB will stay silent on a project for an extended time, until talent slips somthing is not continuing. WB also has canceled drop games while in development, such as that Arkham City 4. Injustice 3 is in the pipeline until they are more certain on WBs future according to netherealms
    To be fair the pandemic I believe had an impact on gaming in general, which is why its taken so long for us to see those games. Cyberpunk is a bigger example of this (predates the pandemic but shows how games get pushed back sometimes), and Avengers suffered too. It could happen but I was speaking to the alleged history of Monolith's announcements and I'm not 100% sure if they do announce when something is further in development. Because the announcements for Legacy and GK were initially for 2021 releases, both have been pushed back over a year.

Still, I imagine all announced games (the four mentioned and Multiversus) are released while other projects are put in place.

Console exclusives are probably a bigger worry.
    Last edited by thefinalguy; 05-03-2022 at 03:12 AM.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Isn't Kill the Justice League basically Arkham City 4?
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Your right it doesn’t disprove that. Any poor yet logical reason is defeated by Harley Quinn’s existence. So we’re at point where either they don’t belive WW performs well enough today to have a show, despite claims that she sells well, and had such a positive strong reaction from her first film or they truly have a bias against her. I’m more inclined to belive the former that data doesn’t favor her. It may have taken a few years for aquaman but I can at least say animation takes time and Covid delayed it.

Do we know of any rejected pitches for her? We know of at least two rejected Nightwing pitches, one which became Young Justice, the safer ensemble piece. Even Titans today was originally pitched as a more Nightwing focused show ( which it still has sort of become)

While not part of the trinity, he falls close behind like Aquaman and GL so his struggle I find comparable to hers.
    Her first movie did really well and despite critical reviews her second movie did well in terms of numbers as well.

Look at the post I'm a Fish posted. The JSA movie that came out in 2021 was originally meant to be a solo WW project but WB didn't believe that a WW project had legs. They green lit Bloodlines after the first movie and that was about it.

There was an article linked to in the WW boards where Perez and Jiminez talked about their experiences talking to producers about a WW project and how some of them were driven away because of the feminist elements of the franchise.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Isn't Kill the Justice League basically Arkham City 4?
    Kill the JL is a different game, gameplay is nothing like the Arkham Series.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't think Solstice religion has ever been specified.
    Might have been in her debut, which was less than a year before Flashpoint? Certainly never came up in New 52 though.

Marvel gave Spiderwoman her own animated piece
    When she was brand new too. Maybe because she was created in the first place to counter Filmation's Web Woman, which was originally going to be called Spider-Woman.

There is no E4 this year
    You mean E3. E4 is a British television channel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

ItÂ’s not so much a case but a question. Why doesnÂ’t Warner belive she is worth an animated series and Harley is ?

Harley wasnÂ’t pushed she just became a phenomenon on her own slowly and then exploded by SS. Which DC responded to by provided info more content merch and of course her animated series.

So if WW did as well as you said why did the pass over her, and do you really think now that Warner entering their Scrooge MCduck era somthing can change ? Also about that video game itÂ’s not so far along that I can feel sure about it yet. If they are considering selling of their video game division a project like that can just be disappear/canceled
    It is in reality certainly a multitude of factors, but if you want some possible core reasons, here are 3:

1.This is basically a fact, DC is historically incompetent regarding Wonder Woman, and so far nothing truly proves that this has changed.

2. This is a general possibility, there might be higher ups at DC with a strong bias against the character Wonder Woman, or the concept.

3. And this is hopefully not true anymore but sadly possible, there might be still sexism at play, even if maybe just subconsciously.

Did you write the sentence about that Harley Quinn was allegedly not pushed with a straight face, how is it even possible to miss the crazy multiple years long Harley Quinn push? Wonder Woman became a phenomenon on her own in the 1940s already, but the sorry state in which she often was after that is strongly related to DC never remotely pushing her like Harley Quinn, or even worse actively damaging the brand over and over again.

You tell me why after this:

https://www.thewrap.com/wonder-woman...ceu-film-date/

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...shades-of-grey

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/30/1...ighest-earning

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...h=3a9bf543ebd9

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...y-girl-toy-gap

https://wwd.com/eye/lifestyle/wonder...duct-10902127/

DC and WB were basically sitting on their hands for years, how does that fit with your narrative that Harley Quinn allegedly proves that DC and WB would stop to pass over Wonder Woman with good numbers?
    And i don't know what a Scrooge McDuck era is, but i find it not very funny how you try to use a twitter rumour that even included that they would just license their IPs to other publishers to keep up your narrative, especially if we truly look at the ridiculous claim you made earlier:

If thatÂ’s all true she would have one by now wouldnÂ’t she? I donÂ’t belive the demand is there. Becuase if it was she would have a show before Harley? WW only had her theatrical debut in live action by a few months before Harley. So is it Warner doesnÂ’t belive in her, or the demand just not being there for WW material.
    this claim would be still completely contradicted by WB last year wanting to make a video game, which is still a much bigger deal than a cartoon nowadays, and would at least according to your logic still prove that there was a bigger demand for Wonder Woman than Harley Quinn multi-media material in 2021, or else there wouldn't have been just a Suicide Squad video game with Harley Quinn that also includes the Justice League and even Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 05-03-2022 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Kill the JL is a different game, gameplay is nothing like the Arkham Series.
    But they’ve said it takes place in the same universe and it’s a sequel to Arkham Knight story wise. So it’s basically a spiritual sequel.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

This looks brilliant:

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    But they’ve said it takes place in the same universe and it’s a sequel to Arkham Knight story wise. So it’s basically a spiritual sequel.
    Yes, but it's not the rumored Arkham 4 that supposed to take place in the future with Damian as the protagonist.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

DC Showcase The Losers:

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't think Solstice religion has ever been specified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Might have been in her debut, which was less than a year before Flashpoint? Certainly never came up in New 52 though..
    Solstice's last name "Singh" is Hindu or Sikh

The closest I think DC has to a muslim superhero is the Turkish hero Janissary Here are some thoughts from Turkish readers about her (headline is misleading): https://ahvalnews.com/comics/turks-d...need-superhero
    Umm... Simon Baz lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    "Bruce Chewie" - Okay, that's hilarious .

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Super-Pets' still looking colorful and fun!