Page 296 of 687 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346396 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 10304

lol. Darn those evil Lara Crofts.

On a more serious note; archaeology is one of my favorite fields and it feeds into my interest in superheroes (WW, Hawks, Dr Fate) but the fields does have a problematic history and for a brief period, it was even glorified grave robbing before it grew into a more thoughtful and nuanced field that we know of today.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    lol. Darn those evil Lara Crofts.

On a more serious note; archaeology is one of my favorite fields and it feeds into my interest in superheroes (WW, Hawks, Dr Fate) but the fields does have a problematic history and for a brief period, it was even glorified grave robbing before it grew into a more thoughtful and nuanced field that we know of today.
    My father is an archeologist and he hates that troupe, LOL. Probably why I’ve never seen Indiana Jones.

At least with Barbara she doesn’t make such behavior look positive.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 06-12-2021 at 03:38 PM.

lol, that's not as hard as you think.

She's a corporate shark who wants to tear down WW and every thing she stands for out of a twisted sense of revenge for her daughter getting caught in the cross fire between Diana's fight with the Greek Gods.
    That part of her Rebirth origin has nothing to do with the corporate theme. I mostly enjoyed that whole deal with Terror/ Panic and her daughter. What bored me was when she was arguing with Cyber/ Poison/ Sasha, and when she was making speeches about Diana that were exactly like how Lex Luthor talks about Superman.

Face it, the idea of her being a corporate villain has nothing to do with the daughter origin and could be given to anyone else in much more interesting ways. Apollo was a much more remarkable corporate villain than Veronica.

On top of that, I would just pattern her off of the cosmetic industry, a more sinister and dangerous Gwyneth Paltrow type who takes advantage of women's insecurities about a literal Goddess walking the earth and lures them in with the promise of great power and beauty only to dupe them into being dependent on her and turning them into her henchwomen.
    I'm all for a cosmetic villain, but that seems like it would work much better with a revamped Priscilla Rich inspired by Cruella de Vil.
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-12-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    That part of her Rebirth origin has nothing to do with the corporate theme. I mostly enjoyed that whole deal with Terror/ Panic and her daughter. What bored me was when she was arguing with Cyber/ Poison/ Sasha, and when she was making speeches about Diana that were exactly like how Lex Luthor talks about Superman.

Face it, the idea of her being a corporate villain has nothing to do with the daughter origin and could be given to anyone else in much more interesting ways. Apollo was a much more remarkable corporate villain than Veronica.

I'm all for a cosmetic villain, but that seems like it would work much better with a revamped Priscilla Rich inspired by Cruella de Vil.
    It seems like your issue is having Cale around at all rather than the character herself having problems. Rich being in the cosmetic industry wouldn't make anymore sense than Cale. And if we're going to hold Cale's similarities to Luthor against her, then Rich also has her similarities to Luthor (being motivated by envy of the superhero) along with her similarities to Catwoman (feline animal theme). Not to mention the outdated take on mental illness which superheroes should have moved on from a long time ago.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 06-13-2021 at 12:47 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    My father is an archeologist and he hates that troupe, LOL. Probably why I’ve never seen Indiana Jones.

At least with Barbara she doesn’t make such behavior look positive.
    Your dad's wrong about this one. Raiders of the Lost Ark rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It seems like your issue is having Cale around at all rather than the character herself having problems. Rich being in the cosmetic industry wouldn't make anymore sense than Cale. And if we're going to hold Cale's similarities to Luthor against her, then Rich also has her similarities to Luthor (being motivated by envy of the superhero) along with her similarities to Catwoman (feline animal theme). Not to mention the outdated take on mental illness which superheroes should have moved on from a long time ago.
    If they totally change Veronica Cale's personality and strategies, I'm sure I'd be more willing to read her.

But Cale doesn't just share characteristics with other villains, she was created to be the female version of Luthor for Wonder Woman, and she talks just like Luthor and acts just like Luthor. The only other WW villain that was designed that way was Genocide, and she sucks too.

The daughter thing is a recent addition to try to make her more interesting, and I pointed out that while I enjoyed that part of it, it has nothing to do with being a corporate villain. It doesn't really reveal anything about how corporations ruin the world in the eyes of Diana, and it has nothing to do with the "girlboss" critique.

And Luthor wasn't jealous of Superman when he was created. Rich did that way before him (not that I actually care about that idea).
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-13-2021 at 08:59 AM.

Oh and the reason why Priscilla Rich makes more sense as a coametic villain is because her whole thingbwas always about fashion and appearances and wanting to maje other other feel inferior (not just Diana).

I think Cale is fine for what she is, I just don't think of her as a Wonder Woman "Big Bad" because we've got Ares, Circe, and Cheetah.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Cale is fine for what she is, I just don't think of her as a Wonder Woman "Big Bad" because we've got Ares, Circe, and Cheetah.
    Scrap Ares. Get that chump out of here. Elevate Giganta, you fools!

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Scrap Ares. Get that chump out of here. Elevate Giganta, you fools!
    I mean, I'm a Giganta fan and love the sentiment, but isn't it weird to elevate someone who is already head and shoulders and knees and ankles above her competition?

(That was a height joke playing on the word elevate's definition to raise up higher)

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I mean, I'm a Giganta fan and love the sentiment, but isn't it weird to elevate someone who is already head and shoulders and knees and ankles above her competition?

(That was a height joke playing on the word elevate's definition to raise up higher)
    Elevating is the name of her game. Nothing weird about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That’s because Giganta is WW’s “Big Bad”.

(More height puns)

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Stargirl S2 teaser:

I hope it's as good as Season 1. One of the few quality DC shows.