Page 567 of 695 FirstFirst ... 67467517557563564565566567568569570571577617667 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,505 of 10422

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    spoilers:
    I thought it was setting up Justice League: Warworld?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I agree, I think it was a set up for Justice League:Warworld
    end of spoilers

Overall I liked the film, it was nice to see the Legion again and the combination of the different eras/versions was really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    spoilers:
    I agree, I think it was a set up for Justice League:Warworld
    end of spoilers

Overall I liked the film, it was nice to see the Legion again and the combination of the different eras/versions was really nice.
    I totally agree! Wish this was the route they would go in the comics!

Extraordinary Member

I thought this was an interesting quote from an article posted on CBR:

So far, Gunn has not confirmed the fate of the Tomorrowverse, which is scheduled to release two new installments in 2023 -- Legion of Super-Heroes and Justice League: Warworld. However, DC Studios co-head Peter Safran has stated that the "bar is going to be very high for projects to be outside the DCU, the Elseworlds projects.
    As much as I'm enjoying the Tomorrowverse so far (which I guess isn't that difficult for me since I really, really, really disliked that last animated movie verse they did), the Elseworlds animated films were almost always better than the in-universe stuff, anyway, so this shouldn't be too difficult.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    spoilers:
    I thought it was setting up Justice League: Warworld?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Blue beam. Hydrogen symbol. Seems like Dr. Manhattan to me.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I thought this was an interesting quote from an article posted on CBR:

As much as I'm enjoying the Tomorrowverse so far (which I guess isn't that difficult for me since I really, really, really disliked that last animated movie verse they did), the Elseworlds animated films were almost always better than the in-universe stuff, anyway, so this shouldn't be too difficult.
    I think we're getting a pretty good balance between Tomorrowverse and Elseworld films and I don't think shifting things to being strictly more connected to the movies is a good idea in the long run. And who is to say that Gunn and Safran's bar for quality should be so absolute? They have their own tastes and biases and I have my own issues with Gunn as a creator.

Just watched Beware my Power the GL animated movie. Why do DC feel the need to continually destroy the character of Hal Jordan? Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Just watched Beware my Power the GL animated movie. Why do DC feel the need to continually destroy the character of Hal Jordan? Annoying.
    Because as seen for the past 30 years, they obviously feel he's the only one who provides competition to whoever they decide to push as the new main GL, so in order to do that they need to make sure that competition is eliminated. Sounds cynical but that's all this is about. I didn't really believe it until I saw that movie but their actions speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Because as seen for the past 30 years, they obviously feel he's the only one who provides competition to whoever they decide to push as the new main GL, so in order to do that they need to make sure that competition is eliminated. Sounds cynical but that's all this is about. I didn't really believe it until I saw that movie but their actions speak for themselves.
    The worst part is, execution and plot-wise, there really wasn't much reason for them to do it, let alone the way they did.

That's why they had Green Arrow and Sinestro there, characters directly associated with Hal. They wanted to crap on him while making sure to transfer elements closely associated with him to John, though I'm sure if Kyle or anyone else was the main character they would've done the exact same thing. This movie's agenda was so amateurishly transparent. I'd expect more from people like Jim Crieg and Ernie Altbacker who worked on the GL: TAS yet here we are.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-04-2023 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That's why they had Green Arrow and Sinestro there, characters directly associated with Hal. They wanted to crap on him while making sure to transfer elements closely associated with him to John, though I'm sure if Kyle or anyone else was the main character they would've done the exact same thing. This movie's agenda was so amateurishly transparent. I'd expect more from people like Jim Crieg and Ernie Altbacker who worked on the GL: TAS yet here we are.
    Not that Sinestro came off much better, they treated him like an idiot in the end.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we're getting a pretty good balance between Tomorrowverse and Elseworld films and I don't think shifting things to being strictly more connected to the movies is a good idea in the long run. And who is to say that Gunn and Safran's bar for quality should be so absolute? They have their own tastes and biases and I have my own issues with Gunn as a creator.
    For the most part I’ve enjoyed Gunn’s output, so I have faith that things are at least going to be marginally better (although, like I said, that bar isn’t terribly high).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

For the most part I’ve enjoyed Gunn’s output, so I have faith that things are at least going to be marginally better (although, like I said, that bar isn’t terribly high).
    I'm fine with him handling things on the studio aside so long he doesn't try to spin a Gunn-styled DCU, just let animation, video games, TV, etc. be their own thing for the most part.

Extraordinary Member

I'm fine with him handling things on the studio aside so long he doesn't try to spin a Gunn-styled DCU, just let animation, video games, TV, etc. be their own thing for the most part.
    Well, prior to Marvel Television being brought in under Feige's wing over at Marvel, I would've agreed with you. As someone who's vastly enjoyed everything from WandaVision on (some more than others), though, I'd be curious as to what Gunn could do similarly.

Well, prior to Marvel Television being brought in under Feige's wing over at Marvel, I would've agreed with you. As someone who's vastly enjoyed everything from WandaVision on (some more than others), though, I'd be curious as to what Gunn could do similarly.
    The Disney+ shows I've been hot and cold on. I enjoy some parts of them but there also is a bunch of stuff that holds them back, and nothing on the level of the best Marvel cartoons of the past have come out under Feige's reign so far.

Maybe the X-Men:TAS revival or Spider-Man Freshman Year will start to really change that, but I have my doubts.

Extraordinary Member

The Disney+ shows I've been hot and cold on. I enjoy some parts of them but there also is a bunch of stuff that holds them back...
    I'm not really sure what holds them back. They're doing exactly what they're designed to do which is tie into the MCU in an entertaining fashion. *shurgs*

...and nothing on the level of the best Marvel cartoons of the past have come out under Feige's reign so far.

Maybe the X-Men:TAS revival or Spider-Man Freshman Year will start to really change that, but I have my doubts.
    IDK, I'd say What If? is as good as either Spectacular Spider-Man or Earth's Mightiest, which I think are really the only standouts 30 or so years (for all the fan praise they seem to get, the '90s X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons do not age well).