Page 224 of 690 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 10343

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The showrunner is Allen Heinberg. He is really good imo at writing superhero comics, but very slow. I am not so sure about non-superheroes.
    And Gaiman is also overseeing it, which I think is a plus .

BANNED

I hope Joseph Gordon Levitt can get involved again because he spent years trying to adapt Sandman into a film and had a lot of passion for that project and gave up because he felt the studios didn't see it the way he did.

I just have a hard time seeing this turning out how they want it.

If they adapt it right, it'll probably way too low key of a show for be the Game of Thrones-level hit that Netflix wants. Sandman is an incredible series, but it isn't an edge of your seat, suspenseful kind of thing most of the time. It isn't the sort of thing that I imagine building tremendous audience engagement. And if they make it to be more exciting, more blockbuster-y, then it'll be a bad adaptation of Sandman.

Honestly, I'm getting a little tired of the endless desire in fandom for movies and live-action shows based on their favorite non-movie properties. It just smacks of some feeling that that comics are a lesser medium, that having them rendered in live-action or photorealistic CGI will somehow elevate the property. Neither are the case.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I just have a hard time seeing this turning out how they want it.

If they adapt it right, it'll probably way too low key of a show for be the Game of Thrones-level hit that Netflix wants. Sandman is an incredible series, but it isn't an edge of your seat, suspenseful kind of thing most of the time. It isn't the sort of thing that I imagine building tremendous audience engagement. And if they make it to be more exciting, more blockbuster-y, then it'll be a bad adaptation of Sandman.

Honestly, I'm getting a little tired of the endless desire in fandom for movies and live-action shows based on their favorite non-movie properties. It just smacks of some feeling that that comics are a lesser medium, that having them rendered in live-action or photorealistic CGI will somehow elevate the property. Neither are the case.
    I definitely take your point but, despite comics being, to me, every bit as great an artform as film or TV, I do still enjoy seeing them adapted to film. Not that I think it would be better (there's no way in hell for Sandman to be better) but I still get a kick out of it. At least, I do if it's good and at least somewhat faithful to the source.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I definitely take your point but, despite comics being, to me, every bit as great an artform as film or TV, I do still enjoy seeing them adapted to film. Not that I think it would be better (there's no way in hell for Sandman to be better) but I still get a kick out of it. At least, I do if it's good and at least somewhat faithful to the source.
    I also think people believe that adapting something in a different format is able to net more interest or get people into something that they would ordinarily have never touched in it's original form.

Why is Warner Media feeding a competitor more of their properties?
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-01-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Why is Warner Media feeding a competitor more of their proprieties?
    Maybe Netflix is helping with production cost? They said it's the most expensive DC-related series they've ever produced.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Why is Warner Media feeding a competitor more of their properties?
    Netflix has the international streaming rights of the DC universe shows. They already have a working relationship.

Established i assume before AT&T came into the picture.

One of the articles I read on the report said that HBO passed on the series before it was brought to Netflix.

Additionally: most TV studios make content for outside channels all the time. For example, Modern Family aired on ABC, but it was a Fox production. It's only with the acquisition that it's become an in-house property.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Netflix has the international streaming rights of the DC universe shows. They already have a working relationship.
    Along that line, whatever happened with the "Swamp Thing" series might have been educational as far as when it might make sense to share the workload.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I really don't think Sandman is the sort of thing that needs an adaptation.
    "Needs" doesn't usually have a whole lot to do with someone ignoring that it might best be left on the page.

Look at Preacher.

HBO Max is going to be the streaming service that compresses all of Warner Media content.

https://twitter.com/WarnerMediaGrp/s...39422444908545

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    HBO Max is going to be the streaming service that compresses all of Warner Media content.

https://twitter.com/WarnerMediaGrp/s...39422444908545
    It'll be interesting to see how this jives with DC Universe and what original DC content is on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how this jives with DC Universe and what original DC content is on it.
    Not much is mentioned about DC Entertainment aside from the fact that it will have the CW shows in the press release.

https://www.warnermediagroup.com/new...ervice-hbo-max

I'm beginning to question if the DC universe content will survive the jump. Not helped as DC fans are raging over the service using the theatrical cut of Justice League and not the Synder cut.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 07-09-2019 at 02:17 PM.