Page 407 of 693 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407408409410411417457507 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    WB/CBS are trying to wash their hands of TheCW. They are currently trying to sell it so they arent that worried nowadays about introducing DC characters via CW.
    The real answer is CW isn't that profitable as other major Networks like FOX NBC and ABC.

CW's business model use to be let certain shows run despite the ratings than syndicate those shows like Smallville and Gilmore Girls and recoup money on the reruns.

The CW started doing a little better once they found their second niche. It use to be just a network targeting teenage girls then they also started targeting superhero and Syfy fans. This is probably largely thanks to Supernatural (don't quote me on that). It also became a network that would pick up other shows that other major networks wouldn't take like Supergirl (CBS) and Black Lightning (Fox).

I don't know if there will be many buyers for the CW. It doesn't make sense for Disney. Amazon might have an interest at the right price, but it would need to be a big company at the right price that could leverage CW's content libraries. It doesn't make sense for Netflix (the companies still in the red from spending too much)
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Dick/Zatanna largely happened off screen that i felt no impact by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    If you mean the movies, then it's natural 'cause they have more time and budget, even then the fights can have awkward stiff moments, and moments outside the fights do definitely have stiff animation once in a while.
    I would still say on a whole it works out better than it does in YJ, at times.
    Would that even be called first love? At most they seemed to have a crush on each other, but there's no indication they had that strong feelings for each other, seemed like a fling even.
    If you believe the tie-in comic, Dick and Babs were into each other even as kids and Dick was just too much of a dog to stay with her until he was much older.
    At least it had some actual build-up in-series...

It wasn't even anything important anyways, it was just a random fling by the looks of it.

Although knowing about the details from the tie-in comics makes it ridiculous, since it reveals Dick basically had a harem.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would still say on a whole it works out better than it does in YJ, at times.
    Again, more time and budget, more detailed art style is just harder to animate in general and Dragon Ball Super is partially an example of how disastrous that can be.

If you believe the tie-in comic, Dick and Babs were into each other even as kids and Dick was just too much of a dog to stay with her until he was much older.
    Yeah that whole thing is weird, when Dick kissed Zatanna, Barbara smirked at it, and she honestly was waiting for Dick to stop literally fucking around for him to settle with her, either that bitch has no standards or, I dunno, she's a cuckquean I guess lol.

At least it had some actual build-up in-series...
    Geez man, let's not compare those relationships with Tim/Cassie's, that's as low as it can get in YJ lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I haven't watched YJ since season 2 but I stand that Dick and Artemis should have happened after Wally's death. Dramatic, full of tension, and the two had many great moments in the first two seasons. Would be fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I haven't watched YJ since season 2 but I stand that Dick and Artemis should have happened after Wally's death. Dramatic, full of tension, and the two had many great moments in the first two seasons. Would be fantastic
    I don't think anyone would have gotten over such a flagrant disgregard of the bro code. It'd be like when Tim and Cassie hooked up after Conner died in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    The real answer is CW isn't that profitable as other major Networks like FOX NBC and ABC.

CW's business model use to be let certain shows run despite the ratings than syndicate those shows like Smallville and Gilmore Girls and recoup money on the reruns.

The CW started doing a little better once they found their second niche. It use to be just a network targeting teenage girls then they also started targeting superhero and Syfy fans. This is probably largely thanks to Supernatural (don't quote me on that). It also became a network that would pick up other shows that other major networks wouldn't take like Supergirl (CBS) and Black Lightning (Fox).

I don't know if there will be many buyers for the CW. It doesn't make sense for Disney. Amazon might have an interest at the right price, but it would need to be a big company at the right price that could leverage CW's content libraries. It doesn't make sense for Netflix (the companies still in the red from spending too much)
    They already have a potential buyer. But buying CW doesn't give them access to the content since WB/Cbs own it all. It's more about the channels and CWSeed.

I don't think anyone would have gotten over such a flagrant disgregard of the bro code. It'd be like when Tim and Cassie hooked up after Conner died in the comics.
    IDK superhero comics is a soap opera and s1 of YJ was too. Too grieving friends who get closer after a big tragedy and develop a complex romantic relationship over it while feeling guilty... idk maybe it's just me who'd enjoy that

IDK superhero comics is a soap opera and s1 of YJ was too. Too grieving friends who get closer after a big tragedy and develop a complex romantic relationship over it while feeling guilty... idk maybe it's just me who'd enjoy that
    It's definitely a soap opera but you have to be careful about the choices the characters make so that they don't come off as unlikable or disrespectful. I mean, in season 3 they were implying Artemis might've hooked up with her (ex?) brother-in-law and that's kind of on the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That's definitely continuing in season 4, the Beast Boy fanboy part that is, while I don't mind his scenes that much, I can see that he's wasting time when we really should be using that time on other characters, and the Zatanna fans must've gotten pissed at him getting more development than her in her own arc, but then again, that's everyone in the Zatanna arc...
    Not me. For one thing I like Beast Boy in general and his sub plot actually felt like it was building up to something and going somewhere as opposed to 'Zatanna's arc' which felt like a messy hodgepodge of ideas that were never fully realized. I also have a soft spot for stories that realistically try to explore mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    The Halo deaths were also odd because she was definitely intended to be a character they explore diversity in just to have her killed in an unceremonious fashion every other episode. I wouldn't overanalyze it if they did it once to show that she can do it, but it seems odd for them to toy with that if they wanted her to be this fully nuanced character. Regelates her to a joke and the mishandling of her arc didn't help either.
    They did better with Khalid in S4. I actually face palmed when I saw Halo was going to be a brown Muslim girl in YJ because I was familiar with the comic incarnation where the big twist in the comics is that 'Violet Harper' is actually a criminal and the heroic Halo we have seen was the amnesiac alien entity possessing. Making Violet a brown muslim girl could have easily felt like a bait and switch. Though I only watched S3 sporadically but I heard they went with a different route entirely by tying her to the New Gods and the Mother Box?

And it certainly didn't serve Zatanna any better by being reduced to a member of Dick's harem.

There is also weird subtext with how most modern day writers handle Dick's romances. Starfire and Zatanna are both treated like these extremely attractive, openly affectionate girls whom Dick has a fling with but ultimately comes back around to Barbara who is like this innocent girl next door whom Dick settles down with and Barbara seemingly has no romantic options besides Dick.

I think ultimately pairing Zee with Dick takes away too much from the former and I would much rather writers keep it consistent and have Zatanna be an adult alongside the Justice League.

I think it could have worked. But we're talking about Dick. He already has two major romances (DickKory and Dick/Babs) and anyone else will inevitably be thrown to the sidelines.

Fantastic Member

I don't think anyone would have gotten over such a flagrant disgregard of the bro code.
    I think it would have certainly been a bad look considering everything.

The two of them were (in)directly responsible for Wally spending the last few months of his life being absolutely miserable and creating the situation that led to his death. So the two of them getting a happily ever after together after their decisions essentially screwed Wally over wouldn't be something I would want to see.

"Hawkman" is officially on Naomi.

This version hails from Thanagar, has metal wings made from a rare metal on his home planet and is "apart of him" so he can take them into his body at will.

DC not allowing Bart to be gay. Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Not me. For one thing I like Beast Boy in general and his sub plot actually felt like it was building up to something and going somewhere as opposed to 'Zatanna's arc' which felt like a messy hodgepodge of ideas that were never fully realized. I also have a soft spot for stories that realistically try to explore mental health.
    Even then, it's honestly kinda repetitive, didn't help in making the crap pacing in the arc much better.

They did better with Khalid in S4. I actually face palmed when I saw Halo was going to be a brown Muslim girl in YJ because I was familiar with the comic incarnation where the big twist in the comics is that 'Violet Harper' is actually a criminal and the heroic Halo we have seen was the amnesiac alien entity possessing. Making Violet a brown muslim girl could have easily felt like a bait and switch. Though I only watched S3 sporadically but I heard they went with a different route entirely by tying her to the New Gods and the Mother Box?
    Yeah, whoever was the girl originally is dead, Kenny-girl herself is a mother box reincarnated in a biological body, while Cyborg has Father Box.

Kenny-Girl herself is also the key to getting the Anti-Life Equation for some reason.

And it certainly didn't serve Zatanna any better by being reduced to a member of Dick's harem.

There is also weird subtext with how most modern day writers handle Dick's romances. Starfire and Zatanna are both treated like these extremely attractive, openly affectionate girls whom Dick has a fling with but ultimately comes back around to Barbara who is like this innocent girl next door whom Dick settles down with and Barbara seemingly has no romantic options besides Dick.
    Maybe it's because her other options are either Dick, Bruce, or Jason, so Barbara settles for the one with maybe the smaller headache .

I think ultimately pairing Zee with Dick takes away too much from the former and I would much rather writers keep it consistent and have Zatanna be an adult alongside the Justice League.
    Too bad being part of the League in YJ means you're gonna suck.

Hell, even Kaldur'ahm, who was pretty good in season 1, and hyper competent in season 2, became an useless moron by season 3, even though he's supposed to be good enough to be one of the League's leaders lol.

In-universe being part of the League is a badge of honor, out-of-universe, man...

I think it could have worked. But we're talking about Dick. He already has two major romances (DickKory and Dick/Babs) and anyone else will inevitably be thrown to the sidelines.
    To be fair, YJ does its own thing at times, Wally ending up with Artemis when his biggest love interest is Linda, and Conner, who while he doesn't have a fixed love interest, he ends up with M'gann of all people, and I don't even think they met in the comics lol.

Dick is more popular than either, but thanks to TT, his most popular ship is Kory, but he settled for Barbara in YJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    I think it would have certainly been a bad look considering everything.

The two of them were (in)directly responsible for Wally spending the last few months of his life being absolutely miserable and creating the situation that led to his death. So the two of them getting a happily ever after together after their decisions essentially screwed Wally over wouldn't be something I would want to see.
    Well, with how Wally gets disrespected, it wouldn't be out of place, at least .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then