Page 494 of 695 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 10425
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Wasn't Static announced at the same time as Batgirl and BB? The fact that there is nothing is....not that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Wasn't Static announced at the same time as Batgirl and BB? The fact that there is nothing is....not that great.
    I’ve heard that they have the kid from stranger things in mind for the lead role.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Apparently they announced the 2023 animated movie slate at the Beware my Power panel.

Miereanu then announced a new feature to be released in the fall, Batman and Superman: Battle of the Super Sons, and come 2023 a Legion of Super-Heroes feature, Batman: The Doom That Came to Gotham, as well as a Justice Society feature. Justice League: Warworld is also on the upcoming slate of animated films.
    I haven't seen anyone else report on these though. I wonder if Crisis is not happening or got bumped up to 2024.

I wonder if Mignola will be involved with Doom That Came to Gotham? And interesting timing for JL: Warworld, they are already adapting PJK's story? Or too soon and just a coincidence?
    Last edited by HsssH; 07-22-2022 at 10:11 PM.

Doom That Came to Gotham is an odd choice but maybe they’ll add some more DC supernatural characters to spice things up.

I’m kinda bummed that Warworld is a Justice League movie. They seem to give a lot of Superman’s best enemies to the wider DCU and not allow Kal to have the sole focus in the fight. Hell, Brainiac is the villain of the Suicide Squad game . Maybe they’ll just substitute the League for Superman’s Authority.

I wonder if Jon will be the star of the Legion movie. Gawd I hope it’s not Bendis’ LoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wonder if Jon will be the star of the Legion movie. Gawd I hope it’s not Bendis’ LoS.
    Maybe I’m too optimistic/cynical, but I’ll bet there’s a decent chance that this movie will be whatever they’ve already done of Bendis’ Legion show

Spectacular Member
    Last edited by JimmySpectre; 07-23-2022 at 02:25 AM.

Spectacular Member

Upcoming DC Animated Movies

0597sv2pj9d91.jpg

Legion is apparently in the Tomorrowverse so if a Super shows up I think it will be Clark. “Warworld” huh? They can’t be adapting PKJ’s Warworld Saga already can they? If they are I’m cautiously excited, just don’t have Batman freaking save the day please. Odd they aren’t doing a Superman movie for his 85th but perhaps Legion or Warworld will have him in a starring role.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So far The Doom That Came To Gotham is the only one I'm kind of looking forward to. Have to wait for more details about Warworld and Legion would likely be based on the Bendis run which I couldn't care less about.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Legion is apparently in the Tomorrowverse so if a Super shows up I think it will be Clark. “Warworld” huh? They can’t be adapting PKJ’s Warworld Saga already can they? If they are I’m cautiously excited, just don’t have Batman freaking save the day please. Odd they aren’t doing a Superman movie for his 85th but perhaps Legion or Warworld will have him in a starring role.
    If they are, I guess the JL is taking the place of Clark's Authority team?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    If they are, I guess the JL is taking the place of Clark's Authority team?
    I wouldn’t hate that, although I will miss seeing Manchester Black and Superman banter back and forth.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I wouldn’t hate that, although I will miss seeing Manchester Black and Superman banter back and forth.
    I think Manchester could still work. He's semi-well-known outside of comics thanks to Superman vs the Elite (and possibly Supergirl) and you could easily tweak his role into a more "enemy mine" situation with the JL without changing the script too much. That or they'll pallette-swap him with the more well-known British asshole Constatine

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I wonder if Mignola will be involved with Doom That Came to Gotham? And interesting timing for JL: Warworld, they are already adapting PJK's story? Or too soon and just a coincidence?
    These are produced so far in advance that I think it's probably a complete coincidence. At best they would probably only be aware of the Future State story and not the current run.

I think this is mostly to give the Tomorrow-verse Justice League their first proper film, especially before Crisis hits (if it's even still happening).
    Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Maybe I’m too optimistic/cynical, but I’ll bet there’s a decent chance that this movie will be whatever they’ve already done of Bendis’ Legion show
    I think this is probably going to be its own thing because it makes no sense to me to make a movie based around Bendis' run when he's doing that with his show, so it'll probably be it's own interpretation of the Legion.
    This might just be me assuming, but I feel like Tomorrow-verse Batman would feel extremely out of his depth in Warworld, and I actually think that'd be hilarious .

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Same old same old...none of them sound that exciting.