Page 513 of 695 FirstFirst ... 13413463503509510511512513514515516517523563613 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,695 of 10425

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    With lot of good talks, fanarts, memes, I thought Invincible would be putted at "Exceptional" with Arcane.

Nice to see Young Justice got a good grip, the tenacity of YJ fans is admirable. Hope they got more work time to animate and polish the next season
    Take into account this is for the first half of 2022. It's normal there isn't a lot of talk about Invincible because that was released a year ago (April 2021).

Still, it's surprising that YJ with a seemingly very high Parrot Analytics score and good viewership (according to Weisman at least) is getting cancelled. Maybe Zaslav is axing Warner's animation department.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Young Justice was still doing good numbers so its cancellation can't be blamed on viewership. According to this article, it was one of the most in demand shows of this year alongside Invincible and What If.

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/business...cs-219442.html
    Maybe there's hope yet for #BringBackYoungJustice .
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They should give YJ some spin offs. Wesiman would be a fantastic choice for a solo Green Arrow show or a solo Aquaman show.
    YJ has always felt like it needed or practically begged for multiple spinoffs. I'm just not sure if there was ever enough demand or manpower to be able to pull them off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Take into account this is for the first half of 2022. It's normal there isn't a lot of talk about Invincible because that was released a year ago (April 2021).

Still, it's surprising that YJ with a seemingly very high Parrot Analytics score and good viewership (according to Weisman at least) is getting cancelled. Maybe Zaslav is axing Warner's animation department.
    Are we suddenly in the darkest timeline?

Incredible Member

It hurts, but it was expected.

As a fan, even when I'm happy, I am still a pessimist because many stories I love face all kind of struggles. It's the story of my live.

But for once, I want to be grateful. We got 2 more seasons of Young Justice, and ending with a wedding is better than killing Wally, and introducing Kara is less shocking than Darkseid. This season also gave closure to many stories: Zatanna finally saved his father , Artemis is at peace with her sister, Conner and Megan got married, and even Kaldur learned is fine to take a break.

You can't imagine how excited I was during last DC Fandom when not only the first episode of the season was released, but it was also released here on México in HboMax, and new episodes were there every week the same day than on U.S.A.

I loved the format of the season and every story arc, mainly Zatanna's one for all the background for Savage and Rocket's one, itbhad everything: new gods, GLC, Razer and GL TAS!!!, Jay Garrick, Forager, and finally move forward the plot of the season with the LoSH and Lor-Zod.

I wish this show would never end (but they need to defeat the Light and give us new villains every season, just like with Lor-Zod).

If the show never cames back, I can be at peace. What would be heart broking is if the series is "erased from the existence" like they just did with Infinity Train yesterday, WD removed all the content of that series from every social media they own. The creator updated his twitter and now says " I am the creator of a series removed from HBOMAX and now it can only be watched on pirate sites"

The mini series Aquaman King of Atlantis was also removed , so being a DC Comics project doesn't saved you from being axed of HboMax

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    He's pitched an Arrowfam series before, and it never got past that part.

If he's struggling to keep YJ on, and the show is doing good despite whatever slow burns it may have, then I doubt they'll go for another show.

Which is a shame. While I wish they would focus rather than try to encompass everything, it has a developed world I doubt we'll see in animation again. The least they could do is give us some comics now and again.
    I remember reading about him pitching GA project in the 90's. Did he do so again while working on YJ?

It comes down to cost. No matter how good a show is, if it's too expensive and there aren't enough viewers then it will likely be cancelled.

Even Netflix struggles with animation.

Most of our favorite shows were made to sell toys. That's how they made a return on their investment. There needs to be a profitable business model for animation in the era of streaming and I don't think anyone has cracked it yet.

The ultra simplifed 'kiddie animation' used for shows like the new Thundercats Roar and Teen Titans Go may annoy older viewers like us but they are incredible profitable.

Right now it feels like animation is divided between stuff that are meant for pre schoolers and stuff that are very adult oriented. The DCAU shows along with YJ were made for the whole family to watch. Now anyone can watch any show on anytime so it makes sense to target specific audiences I guess and audiences most likely to pay. Still, I think there is a huge audience out there, consisting of tween and people who would still be drawn to the DCAU style of story telling.

I'm hoping Paramount/Nickelodean with Avatar Studios manages to show us a way.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Invincible animation at least has increased Invincible collected editions sales by a lot. It sure wasn't enough to justify the costs, but by comparison I haven't noticed Young Justice doing anything for DC's comic sales. Like, does it actually do anything for DC long term? It probably even causes confusion when someone tries to search for Young Justice comics.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Invincible animation at least has increased Invincible collected editions sales by a lot. It sure wasn't enough to justify the costs, but by comparison I haven't noticed Young Justice doing anything for DC's comic sales. Like, does it actually do anything for DC long term? It probably even causes confusion when someone tries to search for Young Justice comics.
    How can it do anything for comics sales when lead characters like Artemis are nowhere to be seen in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think DC is leaving money in the table by not doing animated shows that directly adapt a popular comicbook run (like say Invincible or almost all animes). They already do this with their animated movies. I know it's tempting for Hollywood creatives to do their own takes on the characters but even if the adaptation is popular it doesn't seem to be translating into comicbook sales.

Like Young Justice was fine, but why don't do a direct adaptation of New Teen Titans or 90s Young Justice instead? A Green Lantern show that adapts Johns' run? A Batman show that adapts Scott Snyder's run? I'd be surprised if YJ managed to boost any character's sales simply because DC has never made a comic like YJ.

I think DC is leaving money in the table by not doing animated shows that directly adapt a popular comicbook run (like say Invincible or almost all animes). They already do this with their animated movies. I know it's tempting for Hollywood creatives to do their own takes on the characters but even if the adaptation is popular it doesn't seem to be translating into comicbook sales.

Like Young Justice was fine, but why don't do a direct adaptation of New Teen Titans or 90s Young Justice instead? A Green Lantern show that adapts Johns' run? A Batman show that adapts Scott Snyder's run? I'd be surprised if YJ managed to boost any character's sales simply because DC has never made a comic like YJ.
    I always thought about that, why the western animation don't do a 1 to 1 adaptation of the source material like manga to anime. Of course, they would have to change and adapt some things, but why change into a different story that only ressembles the source material?

I would pay good money to see something like Morrison JLA, Wolfman NTT or Johns SJA adapted like that.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Yeah, it makes hard to recommend stuff to people that watched some animated adaptation since it likely was based on 10 different series + writers introduced some entirely new ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I always thought about that, why the western animation don't do a 1 to 1 adaptation of the source material like manga to anime. Of course, they would have to change and adapt some things, but why change into a different story that only ressembles the source material?

I would pay good money to see something like Morrison JLA, Wolfman NTT or Johns SJA adapted like that.
    BTAS is the blueprint for all DC animation coming after. It was a mix of comic book storylines, new ideas, reinventing obscure characters and introducing entirely new ones. The revitalization of Mr. Freeze and the creation of Harley Quinn proved to be very lucrative for Dini, Timm and DC.

Every other DC animated showrunner since is still trying to recapture the same magic. I'd say YJ was pretty successful but unlike BTAS and the subsequent DCAU, there hasn't been much support on the comics side for the obscure characters featured on the show, new relationships (like Beast Boy and Princess Perdita) or the brand new characters like Artemis/Tigress.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    BTAS is the blueprint for all DC animation coming after. It was a mix of comic book storylines, new ideas, reinventing obscure characters and introducing entirely new ones. The revitalization of Mr. Freeze and the creation of Harley Quinn proved to be very lucrative for Dini, Timm and DC.

Every other DC animated showrunner since is still trying to recapture the same magic. I'd say YJ was pretty successful but unlike BTAS and the subsequent DCAU, there hasn't been much support on the comics side for the obscure characters featured on the show, new relationships (like Beast Boy and Princess Perdita) or the brand new characters like Artemis/Tigress.
    And i love BATS and YJ (for the most part), don't get me wrong. But maybe they should try to do things differently right now.

I'm willing to bet that the Netflix adaptation of Sandman is going to increase the sales of the graphic novel. It's pretty easy to get into, just buy the first issue of some trades and start from there.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I think it's hard to really do 1-to-1 comic adaptions (outside animated films, which have done that for specific stories) for the Big Two since there are so many disparate runs and different creators for one franchise, and different characters who have had stories or their own series within that franchise, compared to stuff like manga or indie runs where it's just pretty much the same exact creator and the story is more consistent and sequential compared to Big Two comics.

That's not to say you couldn't do adaptions of specific runs or arcs, but most comic book adaptions tend to pick and choose.

DC needs to put more shows like Harley Quinn. The episode 6 from season 3 is the best animated material DC has ever put out.

Can't wait for the Kiteman series and keeping my fingers crossed that we get a Joker series by the same team. In fact I'd watch a series based on any of the regular/recurring cast [aside from the Batfamily. They are the weakest link]

Cartoon Network itself is reportedly on the chopping block.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    If the show never cames back, I can be at peace. What would be heart broking is if the series is "erased from the existence" like they just did with Infinity Train yesterday, WD removed all the content of that series from every social media they own. The creator updated his twitter and now says " I am the creator of a series removed from HBOMAX and now it can only be watched on pirate sites"
    That is bloody ridiculous. So much for streaming being an archivist's dream. If you own the show and a streamer, the show should be on that streamer. Simple as that. Instead, they're basically telling us to be what Japan calls kaizoku. Fly the Jolly Roger, rattle your cutlasses.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    DC needs to put more shows like Harley Quinn. The episode 6 from season 3 is the best animated material DC has ever put out.

Can't wait for the Kiteman series and keeping my fingers crossed that we get a Joker series by the same team. In fact I'd watch a series based on any of the regular/recurring cast [aside from the Batfamily. They are the weakest link]
    I really hope the Kiteman/Noonan’s Bar show is still on. It’s all up in the air right now with WBD. They’d be stupid not to expand on the Harley Quinn animated universe. And we’ve see how a well done show can boost the profile of lesser known characters. See Peacemaker.